Measuring the rate of technological progress in structures
An effort to measure technological progress in structures by using panel data on the age and rents of buildings in a vintage capital model, where buildings are replaced at some chosen periodicity. It finds that there has been significant technological advance in structures, which accounts for a major part of economic growth.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1455 East 6th St., Cleveland OH 44114|
Web page: http://www.clevelandfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z. & Krusell, P., 1995.
"Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change,"
UWO Department of Economics Working Papers
9510, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Hercowitz, Zvi & Krusell, Per, 1997. "Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(3), pages 342-62, June.
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z. & Krusell, P., 1996. "Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change," RCER Working Papers 420, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Jeremy Greenwood & Zvi Hercowitz & Per Krusell, 1992.
"Macroeconomic implications of investment-specific technological change,"
Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics
76, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z. & Krusell, P., 1992. "Macroeconomic Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change," Papers 527, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Hercowitz, Z., 1992. "Macroeconomic Implication of Investment-Specific Technological Change," Papers 13-92, Tel Aviv - the Sackler Institute of Economic Studies.
- repec:ucp:bknber:9780226304557 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert J. Gordon, 1990. "The Measurement of Durable Goods Prices," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gord90-1.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedcwp:9806. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (4D Library)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.