Existence of Solutions in Continuous-time Optimal Growth Models
This paper studies the existence of solutions in continuous time optimization problems. It provides a theorem whose conditions can be easily checked in most models of the optimal growth theory including those with increasing return and multi-sector economies.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||Aug 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: manufacture des Tabacs, 21 allée de brienne, 31200 Toulouse|
Phone: (+33) 5 61 12 86 23
Web page: http://www.toulouse.inra.fr/lerna/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Romer, Paul M, 1986.
"Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Paul M Romer, 1999. "Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth," Levine's Working Paper Archive 2232, David K. Levine.
- Askenazy, Philippe & Le Van, Cuong, 1999. "A Model of Optimal Growth Strategy," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 24-51, March.
- Askenazy, Philippe & Le Van, 1997. "A model of optimal growth strategy," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9707, CEPREMAP.
- Askenazy, P. & Le Van, C., 1997. "A Model of Optimal Growth Strategy," DELTA Working Papers 97-27, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Tjalling C. Koopmans, 1963. "On the Concept of Optimal Economic Growth," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 163, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Magill, Michael J P, 1981. "Infinite Horizon Programs," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 679-711, May.
- Graciela Chichilnisky, 1981. "Existence and Characterization of Optimal Growth Paths Including Models with Non-Convexities in Utilities and Technologies," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 48(1), pages 51-61.
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Cake Eating, Chattering, and Jumps: Existence Results for Variational Problems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 897-908, July.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)