Growth and convergence in a model with renewable and nonrenewable resources
This paper analyzes the transitional dynamics in a model of economic growth with endogenous technological change and two alternative sources of energy: renewable and non-renewable resources. The conditions for the existence and saddle point property of the steady state are given. Finally, we present the estimation results on the data consisting of R&D energy, non-renewable energy consumption and renewable energy consumption.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 8-9 2nd Floor, 216 Tran Quang Khai Street, Hanoi|
Web page: http://www.depocenwp.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jones, Charles I., 2005.
"Growth and Ideas,"
Handbook of Economic Growth,
in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 16, pages 1063-1111
- Groth, C. & Schou, P., 2000.
"Can Nonrenewable Resources Alleviate the Knife-Edge Character of Endogenous Growth,"
00-02, Carleton - School of Public Administration.
- Christian Groth & Poul Schou, 2002. "Can non-renewable resources alleviate the knife-edge character of endogenous growth?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(3), pages 386-411, July.
- Christian Groth & Poul Schou, 2000. "Can Nonrenewable Resources Alleviate the Knife-edge Character of Endogenous Growth," Discussion Papers 00-02, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Christian Groth, 2000. "Can Nonrenewable Resources Alleviate the Knife-edge Character of Endogenous Growth?," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1480, Econometric Society.
- Francisco Alvarez & Gustavo A. Marrero & Luis A. Puch, "undated". "Air pollution and the macroeconomy across European countries," Working Papers 2005-10, FEDEA.
- William Brock & M. Taylor, 2010.
"The Green Solow model,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 127-153, June.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1990.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucas Bretschger & Sjak Smulders, 2004.
"Sustainability and substitution of exhaustible natural resources. How resource prices affect long-term R&D-investments,"
CER-ETH Economics working paper series
03/26, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Bretschger, L. & Smulders, J.A., 2003. "Sustainability and Substitution of Exhaustible Natural Resources : How Resource Prices Affect Long-Term R&D Investments," Discussion Paper 2003-71, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Lucas Bretschger & Sjak Smulders, 2003. "Sustainability and Substitution of Exhaustible Natural Resources. How resource prices affect long-term R&D investments," Working Papers 2003.87, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Hippolyte d'Albis & Pascal Gourdel & Cuong Le Van, 2004.
"Existence of solutions in continuous-time optimal growth models,"
Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques
b04063, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Hippolyte d’Albis & Pascal Gourdel & Cuong Le Van, 2008. "Existence of solutions in continuous-time optimal growth models," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 37(2), pages 321-333, November.
- Hippolyte D'Albis & Pascal Gourdel & Cuong Le Van, 2008. "Existence of Solutions in Continuous-time Optimal Growth Models," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00177269, HAL.
- D'ALBIS Hippolyte & GOURDEL Pascal & LE VAN Cuong, 2007. "Existence of Solutions in Continuous-time Optimal Growth Models," LERNA Working Papers 07.11.232, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Grimaud, André & Rougé, Luc, 2007.
"Environment, Directed Technical Change and Economic Policy,"
IDEI Working Papers
384, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- André Grimaud & Luc Rouge, 2008. "Environment, Directed Technical Change and Economic Policy," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 41(4), pages 439-463, December.
- Edward Barbier, 1999. "Endogenous Growth and Natural Resource Scarcity," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 14(1), pages 51-74, July.
- Nazrul Islam, 1995. "Growth Empirics: A Panel Data Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(4), pages 1127-1170.
- Smulders, J.A., 2005. "Endogenous technological change, natural resources and growth," Other publications TiSEM d6e27500-7604-420f-9961-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Grimaud, Andre & Rouge, Luc, 2003. "Non-renewable resources and growth with vertical innovations: optimum, equilibrium and economic policies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(2, Supple), pages 433-453, March.
- Kolstad, Charles D. & Krautkraemer, Jeffrey A., 1993. "Natural resource use and the environment," Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics, in: A. V. Kneese† & J. L. Sweeney (ed.), Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 26, pages 1219-1265 Elsevier.
- Sjak Smulders, 1995.
"Entropy, environment, and endogenous economic growth,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 2(2), pages 319-340, August.
- Smulders, J.A., 1995. "Entropy, environment and endogenous economic growth," Other publications TiSEM 6d717cee-3506-4f14-8a21-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Groth, Christian & Schou, Poul, 2007. "Growth and non-renewable resources: The different roles of capital and resource taxes," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 80-98, January.
- Corrado Di Maria & Simone Valente, 2006.
"The Direction of Technical Change in Capital-Resource Economies,"
CER-ETH Economics working paper series
06/50, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Di Maria, Corrado & Valente, Simone, 2006. "The Direction of Technical Change in Capital-Resource Economies," MPRA Paper 1040, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grimaud, Andre & Rouge, Luc, 2005.
"Polluting non-renewable resources, innovation and growth: welfare and environmental policy,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 109-129, June.
- Grimaud, André & Rougé, Luc, 2003. "Polluting Non-Renewable Resources, Innovation and Growth : Welfare and Environmental Policy," IDEI Working Papers 206, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dpc:wpaper:2108. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Doan Quang Hung)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.