Asymptotic properties of the Bernstein density copula for dependent data
Copulas are extensively used for dependence modeling. In many cases the data does not reveal how the dependence can be modeled using a particular parametric copula. Nonparametric copulas do not share this problem since they are entirely data based. This paper proposes nonparametric estimation of the density copula for α-mixing data using Bernstein polynomials. We study the asymptotic properties of the Bernstein density copula, i.e., we provide the exact asymptotic bias and variance, we establish the uniform strong consistency and the asymptotic normality.
|Date of creation:||01 Jul 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)|
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Xiaohong Chen & Yanqin Fan & Victor Tsyrennifov, 2004.
"Efficient Estimation of Semiparametric Multivariate Copula Models,"
Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers
0420, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Chen, Xiaohong & Fan, Yanqin & Tsyrennikov, Viktor, 2006. "Efficient Estimation of Semiparametric Multivariate Copula Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 1228-1240, September.
- Sancetta, Alessio & Satchell, Stephen, 2004. "The Bernstein Copula And Its Applications To Modeling And Approximations Of Multivariate Distributions," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(03), pages 535-562, June.
- Chen, Xiaohong & Fan, Yanqin, 2006. "Estimation of copula-based semiparametric time series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 307-335, February.
- Axel Tenbusch, 1997. "Nonparametric curve estimation with bernstein estimates," Metrika- International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Yoshihide Kakizawa, 2006. "Bernstein polynomial estimation of a spectral density," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(2), pages 253-287, 03.
- Bruce M. Brown, 1999. "Beta-Bernstein Smoothing for Regression Curves with Compact Support," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 26(1), pages 47-59.
- Joe, Harry, 2005. "Asymptotic efficiency of the two-stage estimation method for copula-based models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 401-419, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2008045. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.