Bernstein estimator for unbounded density copula
We study the asymptotic properties of the Bernstein estimator for unbounded density copula functions. We show that the estimator converges to infinity at the corner. We establish its relative convergence when the copula is unbounded and we provide the uniform strong consistency of the estimator on every compact in the interior region. We also check the finite simple performance of the estimator via an extensive simulation study and we compare it with other well known nonparametric methods. Finally, we consider an empirical application where the asymmetric dependence between international equity markets (US, Canada, UK, and France) is re-examined.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +34-91 6249594
Fax: +34-91 6249329
Web page: http://www.eco.uc3m.es
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sonia Petrone, 1999. "Random Bernstein Polynomials," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 26(3), pages 373-393.
- Sancetta, Alessio & Satchell, Stephen, 2004. "The Bernstein Copula And Its Applications To Modeling And Approximations Of Multivariate Distributions," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(03), pages 535-562, June.
- Andrew Ang & Geert Bekaert, 2002. "International Asset Allocation With Regime Shifts," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(4), pages 1137-1187.
- Kim, Gunky & Silvapulle, Mervyn J. & Silvapulle, Paramsothy, 2007. "Comparison of semiparametric and parametric methods for estimating copulas," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 2836-2850, March.
- Yoshihide Kakizawa, 2006. "Bernstein polynomial estimation of a spectral density," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(2), pages 253-287, 03.
- W. Gawronski & U. Stadtmüller, 1981. "Smoothing histograms by means of lattice-and continuous distributions," Metrika, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 155-164, December.
- Axel Tenbusch, 1997. "Nonparametric curve estimation with bernstein estimates," Metrika, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Bouezmarni, Taoufik & Rombouts, Jeroen V.K. & Taamouti, Abderrahim, 2010. "Asymptotic properties of the Bernstein density copula estimator for [alpha]-mixing data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 1-10, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:werepe:we1143. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.