Social Assistance and Informality: Examining the link in Colombia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Baez, Javier E. & Camacho, Adriana, 2011.
"Assessing the Long-term Effects of Conditional Cash Transfers on Human Capital: Evidence from Colombia,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5751, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Javier E. Báez & Adriana Camacho, 2011. "Assessing the Long-term Effects of Conditional Cash Transfers on Human Capital: Evidence from Colombia," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 008900, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Baez, Javier E. & Camacho, Adriana, 2011. "Assessing the long-term effects of conditional cash transfers on human capital : evidence from Colombia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5681, The World Bank.
- Garcia Penalosa, Cecilia & Turnovsky, Stephen J., 2005.
"Second-best optimal taxation of capital and labor in a developing economy,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(5-6), pages 1045-1074, June.
- Cecilia Garcia Penalosa & Stephen J. Turnovsky, 2003. "Second-Best Optimal Taxation of Capital and Labor in a Developing Economy," IDEP Working Papers 0307, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France.
- Cecilia Garcia-Penalosa & Stephen Turnovsky, 2004. "Second-Best Optimal Taxation of Capital and Labor in a Developing Economy," Working Papers UWEC-2004-05-P, University of Washington, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2004.
- Hugo LóPEz Castaño & Francisco Lasso Valderrama, 2012.
"El mercado laboral y el problema pensional colombiano,"
Borradores de Economia
736, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Hugo López Castaño & Francisco Lasso Valderrama, 2012. "El mercado laboral y el problema pensional colombiano," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 010026, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Guataquí R., Juan Carlos & García S., Andrés Felipe & Rodríguez A., Mauricio, 2010. "El Perfil de la Informalidad Laboral en Colombia," PERFIL DE COYUNTURA ECONÓMICA, UNIVERSIDAD DE ANTIOQUIA - CIE, November.
- Oskar Nupia, 2011. "Anti-Poverty Programs and Presidential Election Outcomes: Familias en Acción in Colombia," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 008743, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Bryson, Alex & Dorsett, Richard & Purdon, Susan, 2002. "The use of propensity score matching in the evaluation of active labour market policies," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 4993, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Sebastian Galiani & Federico Weinschelbaum, 2012.
"Modeling Informality Formally: Households And Firms,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 50(3), pages 821-838, July.
- Sebastian Galiani & Federico Weinschelbaum, 2007. "Modeling Informality Formally: Households and Firms," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0047, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Adriana Camacho & Emily Conover & Alejandro Hoyos, 2014.
"Effects of Colombia's Social Protection System on Workers' Choice between Formal and Informal Employment,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 28(3), pages 446-466.
- Adriana Camacho & Emily Conover & Alejandro Hoyos, 2009. "Effects of Colombia's Social Protection System on Workers' Choice between Formal and Informal Employment," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 006003, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Camacho, Adriana & Conover, Emily & Hoyos, Alejandro, 2013. "Effects of Colombia's social protection system on workers'choice between formal and informal employment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6564, The World Bank.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 2002.
"Propensity Score-Matching Methods For Nonexperimental Causal Studies,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 151-161, February.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 1998. "Propensity Score Matching Methods for Non-experimental Causal Studies," NBER Working Papers 6829, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gasparini Leonardo & Leonardo Tornaroli, 2009.
"Labor Informality in Latin America and the Caribbean: Patterns and Trends from Household Survey Microdata,"
REVISTA DESARROLLO Y SOCIEDAD,
UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE, September.
- Leonardo Gasparini & Leopoldo Tornarolli, 2007. "Labor Informality in Latin America and the Caribbean: Patterns and Trends from Household Survey Microdata," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0046, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Enste, Dominik & Schneider, Friedrich, 1998. "Increasing Shadow Economies all over the World - Fiction or Reality?," IZA Discussion Papers 26, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Orazio Attanasio & Emla Fitzsimons & Ana Gómez & Martha Isabel Gutierrez & Costas Meghir & Alice Mesnard, 2006.
"Child education and work choices in the presence of a conditional cash transfer programme in rural Colombia,"
IFS Working Papers
W06/13, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Attanasio, Orazio & Fitzsimons, Emla & Gomez, Ana & Lopez, Diana & Meghir, Costas & Mesnard, Alice, 2006. "Child Education and Work Choices in the Presence of a Conditional Cash Transfer Programme in Rural Colombia," CEPR Discussion Papers 5792, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Orazio Attanasio & Emla Fitzsimons & Ana Gómez & Diana Lopez & Costas Meghir & Alice Mesnard, 2006. "Child education and work choices in the presence of a conditional cash transfer programme in rural Colombia," IFS Working Papers W06/01, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
More about this item
Keywordsinformality; conditional cash transfers; evaluation;
- E26 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Informal Economy; Underground Economy
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- H43 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Project Evaluation; Social Discount Rate
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-05-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2014-05-04 (Development)
- NEP-IUE-2014-05-04 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-LAM-2014-05-04 (Central & South America)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000122:010933. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Centro de Investigaciones Económicas y Financieras (CIEF)). General contact details of provider: .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.