Multilevel Empirics For Small Banks In Local Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Aiello, Francesco & Bonanno, Graziella, 2015. "Multilevel empirics for small banks in local markets," MPRA Paper 64399, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francesco Aiello & Graziella Bonanno, 2016. "Multilevel Empirics For Small Banks In Local Markets," Working Papers 201611, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Alin Marius Andries, 2011. "The Determinants of Bank Efficiency and Productivity Growth in the Central and Eastern European Banking Systems," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(6), pages 38-59, November.
- Maudos, Joaquin & Pastor, Jose M. & Perez, Francisco & Quesada, Javier, 2002. "Cost and profit efficiency in European banks," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 33-58, February.
- Wagner, Wolf, 2010.
"Diversification at financial institutions and systemic crises,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 373-386, July.
- Wagner, W.B., 2006. "Diversification at Financial Institutions and Systemic Crises," Discussion Paper 2006-71, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bos, J.W.B. & Kool, C.J.M., 2006.
"Bank efficiency: The role of bank strategy and local market conditions,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1953-1974, July.
- J.W.B. Bos & C.J.M. Kool, 2004. "Bank Efficiency the Role of Bank Strategy and Local Market Conditions," DNB Working Papers 002, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Cristian Barra & Sergio Destefanis & Giuseppe Lubrano Lavadera, 2011. "Risk and Regulation: The Efficiency of Italian Cooperative Banks," CSEF Working Papers 290, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Patrick Royston, 2007. "Multiple imputation of missing values: further update of ice, with an emphasis on interval censoring," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 7(4), pages 445-464, December.
- Claudia Girardone & Philip Molyneux & Edward Gardener, 2004. "Analysing the determinants of bank efficiency: the case of Italian banks," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(3), pages 215-227.
- Martin Srholec, 2010. "A Multilevel Approach to Geography of Innovation," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(9), pages 1207-1220.
- Manthos D. Delis & Nikolaos I. Papanikolaou, 2009.
"Determinants of bank efficiency: evidence from a semi-parametric methodology,"
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(3), pages 260-275, February.
- Delis, Manthos D & Papanikolaou, Nikolaos I, 2009. "Determinants of bank efficiency: Evidence from a semi-parametric methodology," MPRA Paper 13893, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Berger, Allen N. & Mester, Loretta J., 1997.
"Inside the black box: What explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 895-947, July.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the black box: what explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-10, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the black box: what explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?," Working Papers 97-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the Black Box: What Explains Differences in the Efficiencies of Financial Institutions?," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-04, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Aiello, Francesco & Pupo, Valeria & Ricotta, Fernanda, 2013. "Firm heterogeneity in TFP, sectoral innovation and geography. Evidence from Italy," MPRA Paper 48573, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fiordelisi, Franco & Mare, Davide Salvatore, 2013. "Probability of default and efficiency in cooperative banking," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 30-45.
- Hannan, Timothy H. & Prager, Robin A., 2009.
"The profitability of small single-market banks in an era of multi-market banking,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 263-271, February.
- Timothy H. Hannan & Robin A. Prager, 2006. "The profitability of small, single-market banks in an era of multimarket banking," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2006-41, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Baele, Lieven & De Jonghe, Olivier & Vander Vennet, Rudi, 2007. "Does the stock market value bank diversification?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1999-2023, July.
- Vallascas, Francesco & Keasey, Kevin, 2012. "Bank resilience to systemic shocks and the stability of banking systems: Small is beautiful," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1745-1776.
- Berger, Allen N, 1995. "The Profit-Structure Relationship in Banking--Tests of Market-Power and Efficient-Structure Hypotheses," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(2), pages 404-431, May.
- Patrick Royston & John B. Carlin & Ian R. White, 2009. "Multiple imputation of missing values: New features for mim," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 9(2), pages 252-264, June.
- Francesca Battaglia & Vincenzo Farina & Franco Fiordelisi & Ornella Ricci, 2010. "The efficiency of cooperative banks: the impact of environmental economic conditions," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(17), pages 1363-1376.
- Richard E. Baldwin & Toshihiro Okubo, 2006.
"Heterogeneous firms, agglomeration and economic geography: spatial selection and sorting,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 6(3), pages 323-346, June.
- Richard Baldwin & Toshihiro Okubo, 2005. "Heterogeneous Firms, Agglomeration and Economic Geography: Spatial Selection and Sorting," NBER Working Papers 11650, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giorgio Fazio & Davide Piacentino, 2010.
"A Spatial Multilevel Analysis of Italian SMEs' Productivity,"
Spatial Economic Analysis,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 299-316.
- Giorgio Fazio & Davide Piacentino, 2009. "A spatial multilevel analysis of Italian SMEs Productivity," Working Papers 2009_31, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Dietsch, Michel & Lozano-Vivas, Ana, 2000. "How the environment determines banking efficiency: A comparison between French and Spanish industries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 985-1004, June.
- McDonald, John, 2009. "Using least squares and tobit in second stage DEA efficiency analyses," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 197(2), pages 792-798, September.
- Goldberg, Lawrence G. & Rai, Anoop, 1996. "The structure-performance relationship for European banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 745-771, May.
- Barbara Casu & Philip Molyneux, 2003.
"A comparative study of efficiency in European banking,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(17), pages 1865-1876.
- Barbara Casu & Philip Molyneux, 2000. "A Comparative Study of Efficiency in European Banking," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-17, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Pietro Alessandrini & Andrea F. Presbitero & Alberto Zazzaro, 2009. "Banks, Distances and Firms' Financing Constraints," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 13(2), pages 261-307.
- Cora J. M. Maas & Joop J. Hox, 2004. "Robustness issues in multilevel regression analysis," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 58(2), pages 127-137.
- Francesco Aiello & Valeria Pupo & Fernanda Ricotta, 2014. "Explaining Total Factor Productivity at Firm Level in Italy: Does Location Matter?," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 51-70, March.
- Frank G. van Oort & Martijn J. Burger & Joris Knoben & Otto Raspe, 2012.
"Multilevel Approaches And The Firm-Agglomeration Ambiguity In Economic Growth Studies,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(3), pages 468-491, July.
- Frank G. van Oort & Martijn J. Burger & Joris Knoben & Otto Raspe, 2012. "Multilevel Approaches and the Firm-Agglomeration Ambiguity in Economic Growth Studies," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-014/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Viral V. Acharya & S. Viswanathan, 2011. "Leverage, Moral Hazard, and Liquidity," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 66(1), pages 99-138, February.
- Pilloff, Steven J, 1996. "Performance Changes and Shareholder Wealth Creation Associated with Mergers of Publicly Traded Banking Institutions," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(3), pages 294-310, August.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Leigh Drake, 2001. "Efficiency and productivity change in UK banking," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(5), pages 557-571.
- Fries, Steven & Taci, Anita, 2005. "Cost efficiency of banks in transition: Evidence from 289 banks in 15 post-communist countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 55-81, January.
- Coccorese, Paolo, 2009. "Market power in local banking monopolies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1196-1210, July.
More about this item
KeywordsMultilevel model; mutual-cooperative banks; local markets; cost efficiency;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- D00 - Microeconomics - - General - - - General
- R19 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-05-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2015-05-30 (Banking)
- NEP-CSE-2015-05-30 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2015-05-30 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-GEO-2015-05-30 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2015-05-30 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:clb:wpaper:201503. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Giovanni Dodero). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decalit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.