De Finetti Meets Ellsberg
The paper outlines an exchangeable non-Bayesian model of preference generalizing the Savage/de Finetti classic model of subjective expected utility preference with an exchangeable prior. The treatment is informal, and the emphasis is on motivation and potential applications rather than on axiomatic foundations and technical details. The objective is to provide a widely accessible introduction to research that is reported in detail elsewhere.
|Date of creation:||01 Sep 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (514) 985-4000
Fax: (514) 985-4039
Web page: http://www.cirano.qc.ca/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elie Tamer & Federico Ciliberto, 2004.
"Market Structure and Multiple Equilibria in Airline Markets,"
2004 Meeting Papers
52, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Federico Ciliberto & Elie Tamer, 2009. "Market Structure and Multiple Equilibria in Airline Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 77(6), pages 1791-1828, November.
- Elie Tamer & Federico Ciliberto, 2004. "Market Structure and Multiple Equilibria in Airline Markets," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 517, Econometric Society.
- Ciliberto, Federico & Tamer, Elie, 2009. "Market structure and multiple equilibria in airline markets," MPRA Paper 38635, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Larry G. Epstein & Martin Schneider, 2001.
RCER Working Papers
485, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Gaurab Aryal & Dong-Hyuk Kim, 2013.
"A Point Decision for Partially Identified Auction Models,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(4), pages 384-397, October.
- Gaurab Aryal & Dong-Hyuk Kim, 2012. "A Point Decision For Partially Identified Auction Models," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2012-569, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Epstein, Larry G. & Halevy, Yoram, 2014. "No Two Experiments are Identical," Microeconomics.ca working papers yoram_halevy-2014-9, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 30 Dec 2014.
- Epstein, Larry G. & Seo, Kyoungwon, 2010.
"Symmetry of evidence without evidence of symmetry,"
Econometric Society, vol. 5(3), September.
- Larry G. Epstein & Kyoungwon Seo, 2008. "Symmetry Of Evidence Without Evidence Of Symmetry," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series wp2008-018, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Mark J. Machina & David Schmeidler, 1990.
"A More Robust Definition of Subjective Probability,"
Discussion Paper Serie A
306, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Machina, Mark J & Schmeidler, David, 1992. "A More Robust Definition of Subjective Probability," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(4), pages 745-80, July.
- Machina,Mark & Schmeidler,David, 1991. "A more robust definition of subjective probability," Discussion Paper Serie A 365, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Elie Tamer, 2010. "Partial Identification in Econometrics," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 167-195, 09.
- repec:oup:restud:v:74:y:2007:i:4:p:1275-1303 is not listed on IDEAS
- Haile,P.A. & Tamer,E.T., 2000.
"Inference with an incomplete model of English auctions,"
18, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Philip A. Haile & Elie Tamer, 2003. "Inference with an Incomplete Model of English Auctions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(1), pages 1-51, February.
- Philip Haile, 2000. "Inference with an Incomplete Model of English Auctions," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1546, Econometric Society.
- Simone Cerreia-Vioglio & Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Luigi Montrucchio, 2011.
"Ambiguity and Robust Statistics,"
382, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Epstein Larry G & Seo Kyoungwon, 2011. "Symmetry or Dynamic Consistency?," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-14, June.
- Yildiz, Muhamet & Acemoglu, Daron & Chernozhukov, Victor, 0.
"Fragility of asymptotic agreement under Bayesian learning,"
- Daron Acemoglu & Victor Chernozhukov & Muhamet Yildiz, 2009. "Fragility of Asymptotic Agreement under Bayesian Learning," Levine's Working Paper Archive 814577000000000139, David K. Levine.
- Larry Epstein & Martin Schneider, 2006.
"Learning Under Ambiguity,"
RCER Working Papers
527, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Elie Tamer, 2003. "Incomplete Simultaneous Discrete Response Model with Multiple Equilibria," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(1), pages 147-165.
- Hyungsik Roger Moon & Frank Schorfheide, 2009.
"Bayesian and Frequentist Inference in Partially Identified Models,"
NBER Working Papers
14882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hyungsik Roger Moon & Frank Schorfheide, 2012. "Bayesian and Frequentist Inference in Partially Identified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 80(2), pages 755-782, 03.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cir:cirwor:2013s-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.