Intimidation or Impatience? Jump Bidding in On-line Ascending Automobile Auctions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Isaac, R. Mark & Salmon, Timothy C. & Zillante, Arthur, 2007. "A theory of jump bidding in ascending auctions," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 144-164, January.
- Milgrom,Paul, 2004. "Putting Auction Theory to Work," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521536721, March.
- Glenn W. Harrison & John A. List, 2004. "Field Experiments," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(4), pages 1009-1055, December.
- McCabe, Kevin A & Rassenti, Stephen J & Smith, Vernon L, 1990. "Auction Institutional Design: Theory and Behavior of Simultaneous Multiple-Unit Generalizations of the Dutch and English Auctions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1276-1283, December.
- Bernard Elyakime & Jean-Jacques Laffont & Patrice Loisel & Quang Vuong, 1994.
"First-Price Sealed-Bid Auctions with Secret Reservation Prices,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics,
GENES, issue 34, pages 71-114.
- Elyakime, Bernard & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Loisel, Patrice & Vuong, Quang, 1993. "First-Price Sealed-Bid Auctions with Secret Reservation Prices," IDEI Working Papers 27, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Orley Ashenfelter & Kathryn Graddy, 2003. "Auctions and the Price of Art," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(3), pages 763-787, September.
- Johannes Hörner & Nicolas Sahuguet, 2007. "Costly Signalling in Auctions -super-1," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 74(1), pages 173-206.
- Plott, Charles R. & Salmon, Timothy C., 2004.
"The simultaneous, ascending auction: dynamics of price adjustment in experiments and in the UK3G spectrum auction,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 353-383, March.
- Plott, Charles R. & Salmon, Timothy, 2002. "The Simultaneous, Ascending Auction: Dynamics of Price Adjustment in Experiments and in the U.K. 3G Spectrum Auction," Working Papers 1155, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Krishna, Vijay, 2009. "Auction Theory," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 2, number 9780123745071.
- R. Isaac & Timothy Salmon & Arthur Zillante, 2005. "An experimental test of alternative models of bidding in ascending auctions," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 33(2), pages 287-313, June.
- Patrick Bajari & Ali Hortacsu, 2000. "Winner's Curse, Reserve Prices and Endogenous Entry: Empirical Insights from eBay Auctions," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1927, Econometric Society.
- Tadelis, Steve & Zettelmeyer, Florian, 2009. "The Effect of Information on Auction Outcomes: A Large Scale Field Experiment," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7t4834h2, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Grether, David M. & Plott, Charles R., 2009.
"Sequencing strategies in large, competitive, ascending price automobile auctions: An experimental examination,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 75-88, August.
- Grether, David M. & Plott, Charles R., "undated". "Sequencing strategies in large, competitive, ascending price automobile auctions: An experimental examination," Working Papers 1253, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Christopher Avery, 1998. "Strategic Jump Bidding in English Auctions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(2), pages 185-210.
- Banks, Jeffrey & Olson, Mark & Porter, David & Rassenti, Stephen & Smith, Vernon, 2003. "Theory, experiment and the federal communications commission spectrum auctions," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 303-350, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Koptyug, Nikita, 2016. "Asymmetric Information in Auctions: Are Resellers Better Appraisers?," Working Paper Series 1110, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chu:wpaper:11-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Megan Luetje). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esichus.html .