Inflation Targeting in Financially Stable Economies: Has it been Flexible Enough?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mauricio Calani & Kevin Cowan & Pablo García S., 2011. "Inflation Targeting in Financially Stable Economies: Has it Been Flexible Enough?," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Luis Felipe Céspedes & Roberto Chang & Diego Saravia (ed.), Monetary Policy under Financial Turbulence, edition 1, volume 16, chapter 1, pages 283-368 Central Bank of Chile.
- Mauricio Calani C. & Kevin Cowan L. & Pablo García S., 2010. "Inflation Targeting in Financially Stable Economies: Has it been Flexible Enough?," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 13(2), pages 11-50, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ian Nield, 2008. "Evolution of the Reserve Bank’s liquidity facilities," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 71, December.
- Vasco Curdia & Michael Woodford, 2010. "Credit Spreads and Monetary Policy," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(s1), pages 3-35, September.
- Carl Walsh, 2003.
"Speed Limit Policies: The Output Gap and Optimal Monetary Policy,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 265-278, March.
- Carl Walsh, 2001. "Speed Limit Policies: The Output Gap and Optimal Monetary Policy," CESifo Working Paper Series 609, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jens H. E. Christensen & Jose A. Lopez & Glenn D. Rudebusch, 2014.
"Do Central Bank Liquidity Facilities Affect Interbank Lending Rates?,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(1), pages 136-151, January.
- Jens H. E. Christensen & Jose A. Lopez & Glenn D. Rudebusch, 2009. "Do central bank liquidity facilities affect interbank lending rates?," Working Paper Series 2009-13, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:83:y:2017:i:c:p:135-152 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sack, Brian & Wieland, Volker, 2000.
"Interest-rate smoothing and optimal monetary policy: a review of recent empirical evidence,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 205-228.
- Brian P. Sack & Volker W. Wieland, 1999. "Interest-rate smoothing and optimal monetary policy: a review of recent empirical evidence," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-39, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- John P. Judd & Glenn D. Rudebusch, 1998. "Taylor's rule and the Fed, 1970-1997," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 3-16.
- Cho‐Hoi Hui & Hans Genberg & Tsz‐Kin Chung, 2011.
"Funding liquidity risk and deviations from interest‐rate parity during the financial crisis of 2007–2009,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 307-323, October.
- Cho-Hoi Hui & Hans Genberg & Tsz-Kin Chung, 2009. "Funding Liquidity Risk and Deviations from Interest-Rate Parity During the Financial Crisis of 2007-2009," Working Papers 0913, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Erhan Artuç & Selva Demiralp, 2010.
"Provision of liquidity through the primary credit facility during the financial crisis: a structural analysis,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Aug, pages 43-53.
- Selva Demiralp & Erhan Artuc, 2009. "Provision of Liquidity through the Primary Credit Facility during the Financial Crisis: A Structural Analysis," 2009 Meeting Papers 215, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Erhan Artuç & Selva Demiralp, 2009. "Provision of Liquidity through the Primary Credit Facility during the Financial Crisis: A Structural Analysis," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 0912, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Moura, Marcelo L. & de Carvalho, Alexandre, 2010.
"What can Taylor rules say about monetary policy in Latin America?,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 392-404, March.
- Carvalho, Alexandre & Moura, Marcelo L., 2008. "What Can Taylor Rules Say About Monetary Policy in Latin America?," Insper Working Papers wpe_126, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- International Monetary Fund, 2009. "How to Stop a Herd of Running Bears? Market Response to Policy Initiatives during the Global Financial Crisis," IMF Working Papers 09/204, International Monetary Fund.
- Alejandro Jara & Ramon Moreno & Camilo E Tovar, 2009. "The global crisis and Latin America: financial impact and policy responses," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, June.
- Aït-Sahalia, Yacine & Andritzky, Jochen & Jobst, Andreas & Nowak, Sylwia & Tamirisa, Natalia, 2012.
"Market response to policy initiatives during the global financial crisis,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 162-177.
- Yacine Aït-Sahalia & Jochen Andritzky & Andreas Jobst & Sylwia Nowak & Natalia Tamirisa, 2010. "Market Response to Policy Initiatives during the Global Financial Crisis," NBER Working Papers 15809, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark R. Stone & Etienne B Yehoue & Kotaro Ishi, 2009. "Unconventional Central Bank Measures for Emerging Economies," IMF Working Papers 09/226, International Monetary Fund.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Gali & Mark Gertler, 2001. "Optimal Monetary Policy in Open versus Closed Economies: An Integrated Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 248-252, May.
- McAndrews, James & Sarkar, Asani & Wang, Zhenyu, 2017.
"The effect of the term auction facility on the London interbank offered rate,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 135-152.
- McAndrews, James J. & Sarkar, Asani & Wang, Zhenyu, 2008. "The effect of the Term Auction Facility on the London inter-bank offered rate," Staff Reports 335, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, revised 01 Jan 2017.
- Alan Bollard & Tim Ng, 2009. "Coping with global financial and economic stresses," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 72, pages 34-45, March.
- Taylor, John B., 1993. "Discretion versus policy rules in practice," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 195-214, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ortiz, Marco, 2015. "Choques de colas anchas y política monetaria," Revista Estudios Económicos, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú, issue 29, pages 17-31.
- Yan Carriere-Swallow & Luis I. Jacome H. & Nicolas E Magud & Alejandro M. Werner, 2016. "Central Banking in Latin America; The Way Forward," IMF Working Papers 16/197, International Monetary Fund.
- Yan Carriere-Swallow & Pablo Garcia-Silva, 2013. "Capital Account Policies in Chile Macro-financial considerations along the path to liberalization," IMF Working Papers 13/107, International Monetary Fund.
- Ortiz, Marco, 2014. "Fat-Tailed Shocks and the Central Bank Reaction," Working Papers 2014-002, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú.
- Benjamín García, 2016. "Zero Lower Bound Risk and Long-Term Inflation in a Time Varying Economy," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 796, Central Bank of Chile.
- J. Felipe Córdova, 2010. "Conventional Calibration Versus EDF Calibration," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 589, Central Bank of Chile.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2011-04-23 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2011-04-23 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chb:bcchwp:587. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Sepulveda). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bccgvcl.html .