NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2005
- Mark Gertler() (New York University)Kenneth Rogoff() (Harvard University)Registered editor(s):
This 20th edition of the NBER Macroeconomics Annual treats many questions at the cutting edge of macroeconomics that are central to current policy debates. The papers and discussions include an analysis of the differential between American and European unemployment rates, with the authors of the paper taking issue with Edward Prescott's view that higher European tax rates are responsible; a provocative account of the relationship between fluctuations in the hiring rate of new workers and the U.S. unemployment rate; an analysis of the 20-year decline in aggregate volatility (and the rise in firm volatility); a model that compares the effectiveness of monetary policy that targets inflation rates to one that targets simple wage inflation; a roadmap to using Bayesian approaches in solving empirical puzzles; and a microeconomic model that shows the desirability of maintaining a stable inflation rate even in isolated situations that would seem to call for a more flexible policy toward inflation.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
- Lochner, Lance & Monge-Naranjo, Alexander, 2014.
"Student Loans and Repayment: Theory, Evidence and Policy,"
2014-40, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Lance Lochner & Alexander Monge-Naranjo, 2015. "Student Loans and Repayment: Theory, Evidence and Policy," NBER Working Papers 20849, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lance Lochner & Alexander Monge-Naranjo, 2015. "Student Loans and Repayment: Theory, Evidence and Policy," Working Paper Series 15-11, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Lance Lochner & Alexander Monge-Naranjo, 2014. "Student Loans and Repayment: Theory, Evidence and Policy," University of Western Ontario, CIBC Centre for Human Capital and Productivity Working Papers 20145, University of Western Ontario, CIBC Centre for Human Capital and Productivity.
- Lance Lochner & Alexander Monge-Naranjo, 2015. "Student Loans and Repayment: Theory, Evidence and Policy," Working Papers 2015-006, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mtp:titles:0262572346. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake Furbush)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers various economics topics
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed