The Impact of Arab Spring on Hiring and Separation Rates in the Tunisian Labour Market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ilham Haouas & Almas Heshmati, 2015. "The Impact of Arab Spring on Hiring and Separation Rates in the Tunisian Labor Market," Working Papers 921, Economic Research Forum, revised Jun 2015.
References listed on IDEAS
- Malik, Adeel & Awadallah, Bassem, 2013. "The Economics of the Arab Spring," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 296-313.
- Mortensen, Dale & Pissarides, Christopher, 2011.
"Job Creation and Job Destruction in the Theory of Unemployment,"
Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 1-19.
- Dale T. Mortensen & Christopher A. Pissarides, 1994. "Job Creation and Job Destruction in the Theory of Unemployment," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(3), pages 397-415.
- Dale T. Mortensen & Christopher A. Pissarides, 1993. "Job Creation and Job Destruction in the Theory of Unemployment," CEP Discussion Papers dp0110, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Ilham Haouas & Mahmoud Yagoubi & Almas Heshmati, 2005.
"The impacts of trade liberalization on employment and wages in Tunisian industries,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(4), pages 527-551.
- Haouas, Ilham & Yagoubi, Mahmoud & Heshmati, Almas, 2002. "The Impacts of Trade Liberalization on Employment and Wages in Tunisian Industries," WIDER Working Paper Series 102, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Haouas, Ilham & Yagoubi, Mahmoud & Heshmati, Almas, 2003. "The Impacts of Trade Liberalization on Employment and Wages in Tunisian Industries," IZA Discussion Papers 688, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hassine, Nadia Belhaj, 2015. "Economic Inequality in the Arab Region," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 532-556.
- Andrea Bassanini & Pascal Marianna, 2009. "Looking Inside the Perpetual-Motion Machine: Job and Worker Flows in OECD Countries," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 95, OECD Publishing.
- Karshenas, Massoud & Moghadam, Valentine M. & Alami, Randa, 2014. "Social Policy after the Arab Spring: States and Social Rights in the MENA Region," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 726-739.
- Andrea Bassanini & Pascal Marianna, 2009.
"Looking Inside the Perpetual-Motion Machine: Job and Worker Flows in OECD Countries,"
OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers
95, OECD Publishing.
- Bassanini, Andrea & Marianna, Pascal, 2009. "Looking Inside the Perpetual-Motion Machine: Job and Worker Flows in OECD Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 4452, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Assaad, Ragui, 1993. "Formal and informal institutions in the labor market, with applications to the construction sector in Egypt," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 925-939, June.
- Mohamed Trabelsi, 2013.
"Post-Political Transitions in Arab Spring Countries: The Challenges,"
Transition Studies Review,
Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 20(2), pages 253-263, October.
- Trabelsi, Mohamed Ali, 2013. "Post-Political transitions in Arab Spring Countries: the Challenges," MPRA Paper 81207, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Almas Heshmati & Ilham Haouas, 2011. "Employment Efficiency and Production Risk in the Tunisian Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers 602, Economic Research Forum, revised 07 Jan 2011.
More about this item
Keywordshiring; separation; labour mobility; net-employment; informal sector; Tunisia; Arab Spring; global financial crisis;
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ARA-2015-02-22 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-IUE-2015-02-22 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2015-02-22 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp8809. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.