Estimating Consumption Deprivation in India using Survey Data: A State-Level Rural-Urban Analysis before and during Reform Period
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- T. Krishna Kumar & Sushanta Mallick & Jayarama Holla, 2009. "Estimating Consumption Deprivation in India Using Survey Data: A State-Level Rural-Urban Analysis Before and During Reform Period," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(4), pages 441-470.
References listed on IDEAS
- Subramanian, Shankar & Deaton, Angus, 1996. "The Demand for Food and Calories," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 133-162, February.
- Atkinson, A B, 1987. "On the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 749-764, July.
- Shoichi Ito & E. Wesley F. Peterson & Warren R. Grant, 1989. "Rice in Asia: Is It Becoming an Inferior Good?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(1), pages 32-42.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1997.
"Macroeconomic Crises and Poverty Monitoring: A Case Study for India,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(2), pages 135-152, June.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1996. "Macroeconomic crises and poverty monitoring," FCND discussion papers 20, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1996. "Macroeconomic crises and poverty monitoring : a case study for India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1685, The World Bank.
- Angus Deaton & Christina Paxson, 1998.
"Economies of Scale, Household Size, and the Demand for Food,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 897-930, October.
- Deaton, A. & Paxson, C., 1997. "Economies of Scale, Household Size, and the Demand for Food," Papers 178, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Ingco, Merlinda D., 1991. "Is rice becoming an inferior good? Food demand in the Philippines," Policy Research Working Paper Series 722, The World Bank.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Esther Duflo, 2007. "The Economic Lives of the Poor," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(1), pages 141-168, Winter.
- B. S. Minhas & L. R. Jain & S. M. Kansal & M. R. Saluja, 1987. "On the Choice of Appropriate Consumer Price Indices and Data Sets for Estimating the Incidence of Poverty in India," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 22(1), pages 19-49, January.
- Bhanoji Rao, V. V., 1981. "Measurement of deprivation and poverty based on the proportion spent on food: An exploratory exercise," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 337-353, April.
- Angus Deaton & Valerie Kozel, 2005. "Data and Dogma: The Great Indian Poverty Debate," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 20(2), pages 177-199.
- Richard Palmer-Jones & Kunal Sen, 2003. "What has luck got to do with it? A regional analysis of poverty and agricultural growth in rural India," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(1), pages 1-31.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sushanta K. Mallick, 2014.
"Disentangling the Poverty Effects of Sectoral Output, Prices, and Policies in India,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(4), pages 773-801, December.
- Sushanta K. Mallick, 2012. "Disentangling the poverty effects of sectoral output, prices and policies in India," Development Papers 1202, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) South and South-West Asia Office.
- Arouri, Mohamed & Ben Youssef, Adel & Nguyen, Cuong, 2017.
"Does urbanization reduce rural poverty? Evidence from Vietnam,"
Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 253-270.
- Adel Ben Youssef & Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Cuong Nguyen-Viet, 2016. "Does Urbanization Reduce Rural Poverty? Evidence from Vietnam," Post-Print halshs-01384725, HAL.
- Mousumi Das, 2014.
"Measures, spatial profile and determinants of dietary diversity: Evidence from India,"
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers
2014-045, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Mousumi Das, 2016. "Measures, Spatial Profile and Determinants of Dietary Diversity: Evidence from India," Working Papers id:10700, eSocialSciences.
- Mousumi Das, 2014. "Measures, Spatial Profile and Determinants of Dietary Diversity: Evidence from India," Working Papers id:6273, eSocialSciences.
- Ansgar Belke & Andreas Wernet, 2015. "Poverty Reduction through Growth and Redistribution Policies—a Panel Analysis for 59 Developing Countries," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(1), pages 143-162, February.
- Rama Pal, 2010.
"Analysing Catastrophic OOP Health Expenditure in India : Concepts, Determinants and Policy Implications,"
Microeconomics Working Papers
22775, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Rama Pal, 2010. "Analysing Catastrophic OOP Health Expenditure in India: Concepts, Determinants and Policy Implications," Working Papers id:2420, eSocialSciences.
- Rama Pal, 2010. "Analysing catastrophic OOP health expenditure in India: Concepts, determinants and policy implications," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2010-001, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Rama Pal, 2012. "Measuring incidence of catastrophic out-of-pocket health expenditure: with application to India," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 63-85, March.
- M.H. Suryanarayana, 2011. "Policies for the Poor: Verifying the Information Base," Journal of Quantitative Economics, The Indian Econometric Society, vol. 9(1), pages 73-88.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2007-11-24 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2007-11-24 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2007-11-24 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cgs:wpaper:7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Pedro S. Martins). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cgqmwuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.