Are Sustainability-Oriented Investors Different? Evidence from Equity Crowdfunding
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yao-Min Chiang & David Hirshleifer & Yiming Qian & Ann E. Sherman, 2011. "Do Investors Learn from Experience? Evidence from Frequent IPO Investors," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(5), pages 1560-1589.
- ChristaHainz & LarsHornuf & LisaNagel & SarahReiter & ElizaStenzhorn, 2019. "Exemption Provisions of the German Small Investor Protection Act: A Follow-up Study," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 17(02), pages 41-51, August.
- Mackenzie, Craig & Lewis, Alan, 1999. "Morals and Markets: The Case of Ethical Investing," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 439-452, July.
- Samuli Knüpfer & Elias Rantapuska & Matti Sarvimäki, 2017. "Formative Experiences and Portfolio Choice: Evidence from the Finnish Great Depression," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 72(1), pages 133-166, February.
- James J. Choi & David Laibson & Brigitte C. Madrian & Andrew Metrick, 2009.
"Reinforcement Learning and Savings Behavior,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 64(6), pages 2515-2534, December.
- James Choi & David Laibson & Brigitte Madrian & Andrew Metrick, 2007. "Reinforcement Learning and Savings Behavior," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2657, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Mar 2009.
- Metrick, Andrew & Laibson, David I. & Choi, James J. & Madrian, Brigitte, 2009. "Reinforcement Learning and Savings Behavior," Scholarly Articles 4686777, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Webley, Paul & Lewis, Alan & Mackenzie, Craig, 2001. "Commitment among ethical investors: An experimental approach," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 27-42, February.
- Magnus Jansson & Anders Biel, 2011. "Motives to engage in sustainable investment: a comparison between institutional and private investors," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 135-142, March/Apr.
- Hudson, Richard, 2005. "Ethical Investing: Ethical Investors and Managers," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(4), pages 641-657, October.
- Hornuf, Lars & Schwienbacher, Armin, 2018. "Market mechanisms and funding dynamics in equity crowdfunding," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 556-574.
- Markku Kaustia & Samuli Knüpfer, 2008. "Do Investors Overweight Personal Experience? Evidence from IPO Subscriptions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(6), pages 2679-2702, December.
- Andersen, Steffen & Hanspal, Tobin & Nielsen, Kasper Meisner, 2019. "Once bitten, twice shy: The power of personal experiences in risk taking," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 132(3), pages 97-117.
- Vismara, Silvio, 2019. "Sustainability in equity crowdfunding," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 98-106.
- Jörn Block & Lars Hornuf & Alexandra Moritz, 2018. "Which updates during an equity crowdfunding campaign increase crowd participation?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 3-27, January.
- King, Gary & Nielsen, Richard, 2019. "Why Propensity Scores Should Not Be Used for Matching," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(4), pages 435-454, October.
- Vulkan, Nir & Åstebro, Thomas & Sierra, Manuel Fernandez, 2016. "Equity crowdfunding: A new phenomena," Journal of Business Venturing Insights, Elsevier, vol. 5(C), pages 37-49.
- Goran Calic & Elaine Mosakowski, 2016. "Kicking Off Social Entrepreneurship: How A Sustainability Orientation Influences Crowdfunding Success," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(5), pages 738-767, July.
- Simon Kleinert & Christine Volkmann, 2019. "Equity crowdfunding and the role of investor discussion boards," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 327-352, October.
- Jonas Nilsson, 2008. "Investment with a Conscience: Examining the Impact of Pro-Social Attitudes and Perceived Financial Performance on Socially Responsible Investment Behavior," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 83(2), pages 307-325, December.
- Nguyen, Thang & Cox, Joe & Rich, Judy, 2019. "Invest or regret? An empirical investigation into funding dynamics during the final days of equity crowdfunding campaigns," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 784-803.
- Beal, Diana & Goyen, Michelle, 1998. "'Putting Your Money Where Your Mouth Is' A Profile of Ethical Investors," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 129-143.
- Maximilian Goethner & Lars Hornuf & Tobias Regner, 2020. "Protecting Investors in Equity Crowdfunding: An Empirical Analysis of the Small Investor Protection Act," Jena Economic Research Papers 2020-009, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Christina Guenther & Sofia Johan & Denis Schweizer, 2018. "Is the crowd sensitive to distance?—how investment decisions differ by investor type," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 289-305, February.
- Maximilian Goethner & Lars Hornuf & Tobias Regner, 2020. "Protecting Investors in Equity Crowdfunding: An Empirical Analysis of the Small Investor Protection Act," CESifo Working Paper Series 8351, CESifo.
- Joern H. Block & Massimo G. Colombo & Douglas J. Cumming & Silvio Vismara, 2018. "New players in entrepreneurial finance and why they are there," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 239-250, February.
- Signori, Andrea & Vismara, Silvio, 2018. "Does success bring success? The post-offering lives of equity-crowdfunded firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 575-591.
- Christa Hainz & Lars Hornuf, 2019. "Praxiserfahrungen mit den Befreiungsvorschriften des Kleinanlegerschutzgesetzes: Eine aktuelle Bestandsaufnahme," ifo Forschungsberichte, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 102.
- William Pasewark & Mark Riley, 2010. "It’s a Matter of Principle: The Role of Personal Values in Investment Decisions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 93(2), pages 237-253, May.
- Silvio Vismara, 2016. "Equity retention and social network theory in equity crowdfunding," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 46(4), pages 579-590, April.
- Ulrike Malmendier & Stefan Nagel, 2011.
"Depression Babies: Do Macroeconomic Experiences Affect Risk Taking?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 126(1), pages 373-416.
- Ulrike Malmendier & Stefan Nagel, 2009. "Depression Babies: Do Macroeconomic Experiences Affect Risk-Taking?," NBER Working Papers 14813, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Freear, John & Sohl, Jeffrey E. & Wetzel, William Jr., 1994. "Angels and non-angels: Are there differences?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 109-123, March.
More about this item
Keywordsequity crowdfunding; individual investor behaviour; entrepreneurial finance; social ; ethical; and environmental investing; socially responsible investing;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CFN-2020-07-27 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-ENT-2020-07-27 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-EUR-2020-07-27 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-HME-2020-07-27 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_8339. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.