Price and Death
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David W. Galenson & Bruce A. Weinberg, 2000.
"Age and the Quality of Work: The Case of Modern American Painters,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(4), pages 761-777, August.
- David W. Galenson & Bruce A. Weinberg, 1999. "Age and the Quality of Work: The Case of Modern American Painters," NBER Working Papers 7122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bond, Eric W. & Samuelson, Larry, 1987. "The Coase conjecture need not hold for durable good monopolies with depreciation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 93-97.
- David Maddison & Anders Jul Pedersen, 2008. "The death effect in art prices: evidence from Denmark," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(14), pages 1789-1793.
- Victor Ginsburgh & David Throsby, 2006. "Handbook of the Eonomics of Art and Culture," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/152412, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Driskill, Robert, 1997. "Durable-Goods Monopoly, Increasing Marginal Cost and Depreciation," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 64(253), pages 137-154, February.
- Andrew C. Worthington & Helen Higgs, 2004. "Art as an investment: risk, return and portfolio diversification in major painting markets," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 44(2), pages 257-271.
- Ginsburgh, Victor & Mei, Jianping & Moses, Michael, 2006. "The Computation of Prices Indices," Handbook of the Economics of Art and Culture, Elsevier.
- BAUWENS, Luc & GINSBURGH, Victor, 2000.
"Art experts and auctions are pre-sale estimates unbiased and fully informative?,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1485, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Luc BAUWENS & Victor GINSBURGH, 2000. "Art experts and auctions Are pre-sale estimates unbiased and fully informative?," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 2000022, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Victor Ginsburgh & Luc Bauwens, 2000. "Art experts and auctions :are pre-sale estimates unbiased and fully informative," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/152099, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Karp, Larry, 1996.
"Depreciation erodes the Coase Conjecture,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 473-490, February.
- Karp, L., 1992. "Depreciation erodes the coase conjecture," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9210, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Karp, Larry, 1995. "Depreciation Erodes the Coase Conjecture," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt1fs6j5nn, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Nancy L. Stokey, 1981. "Rational Expectations and Durable Goods Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(1), pages 112-128, Spring.
- Chanel, O. & Gerard, L.A. & Ginsburgh, V., 1992.
"The Relevence of Hedonic Price Indices the Case of Paintings,"
92a19, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Olivier Chanel & Louis-André Gérard-Varet & Victor Ginsburgh, 1996. "The relevance of hedonic price indices: the case of paintings," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1715, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Buiter, Willem H, 1984.
"Saddlepoint Problems in Continuous Time Rational Expectations Models: A General Method and Some Macroeconomic Examples,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 665-680, May.
- Buiter, W, 1982. "Saddlepoint Problems in Continuous Time Rational Expectations Models : A General Method and Some Macroeconomic Examples," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 200, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Willem H. Buiter, 1984. "Saddlepoint Problems in Contifuous Time Rational Expectations Models: A General Method and Some Macroeconomic Ehamples," NBER Technical Working Papers 0020, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Corinna Czujack, 1997. "Picasso Paintings at Auction, 1963–1994," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 21(3), pages 229-247, September.
- Pesando, James E, 1993. "Art as an Investment: The Market for Modern Prints," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1075-1089, December.
- Coase, Ronald H, 1972. "Durability and Monopoly," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(1), pages 143-149, April.
- Jianping Mei & Michael Moses, 2002. "Art as an Investment and the Underperformance of Masterpieces," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1656-1668, December.
- Kahn, Charles M, 1986. "The Durable Goods Monopolist and Consistency with Increasing Costs," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(2), pages 275-294, March.
- David Galenson, 2009. "Old masters and young geniuses: The two life cycles of human creativity," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 12, pages 1-9, May.
- R. Ekelund & Rand Ressler & John Watson, 2000. "The ``Death-Effect'' in Art Prices: A Demand-Side Exploration," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 24(4), pages 283-300, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Galbraith, John W. & Hodgson, Douglas J., 2012.
"Dimension reduction and model averaging for estimation of artists' age-valuation profiles,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 422-435.
- John Galbraith & Douglas James Hodgson, 2009. "Dimension Reduction and Model Averaging for Estimation of Artists' Age-Valuation Profiles," CIRANO Working Papers 2009s-41, CIRANO.
- Dibooglu, Selahattin, 1996.
"Real disturbances, relative prices and purchasing power parity,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 69-87.
- Selahattin Dibooglu, 1995. "Real Disturbances, Relative Prices, and Purchasing Power Parity," International Finance 9502002, EconWPA.
More about this item
Keywordsart prices; durable-goods monopoly; Stackelberg equilibrium;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_2213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.