Higher Prices from Entry: Pricing of Brand-Name Drugs
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Perloff, Jeffrey M. & Suslow, Valerie Y. & Seguin, Paul J., 1995. "Higher Prices from Entry: Pricing of Brand-Name Drugs," Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series qt1ts674n2, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Perloff, Jeffrey M. & Suslow, Valerie Y. & Seguin, Paul J., 1995. "Higher Prices from Entry: Pricing of Brand-Name Drugs," Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series qt75g4k1nt, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
References listed on IDEAS
- Plosser, Charles I. & Schwert*, G. William, 1978. "Money, income, and sunspots: Measuring economic relationships and the effects of differencing," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 637-660, November.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik & Seguin, Paul J., 1993. "Price Volatility, Trading Volume, and Market Depth: Evidence from Futures Markets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(01), pages 21-39, March.
- Steven C. Salop, 1979. "Monopolistic Competition with Outside Goods," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 141-156, Spring.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Griliches, Zvi & Rosett, Joshua G, 1993.
"Auditing the Producer Price Index: Micro Evidence from Prescription Pharamceutical Preparations,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 11(3), pages 251-264, July.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Zvi Griliches & Joshua G. Rosett, 1992. "Auditing the Producer Price Index: Micro Evidence From Prescription Pharmaceutical Preparations," NBER Working Papers 4009, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Linda T. Bui & David H. Lucking-Reiley & Glen L. Urban, 1996.
"The Roles of Marketing, Product Quality, and Price Competition in the Growth and Composition of the U.S. Antiulcer Drug Industry,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Economics of New Goods, pages 277-328
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Linda Bui & David Reiley & Glen Urban, 1994. "The Roles of Marketing, Product Quality and Price Competition in the Growth and Composition of the U.S. Anti-Ulcer Drug Industry," NBER Working Papers 4904, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yongmin Chen & Michael H. Riordan, 2015. "Prices, Profits, and Preference Dependence," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(4), pages 549-568, December.
- Helge Sanner, 2005. "Price Responses to Market Entry With and Without Endogenous Product Choice," Volkswirtschaftliche Diskussionsbeiträge 81, Universität Potsdam, Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Michael B. Ward & Jay P. Shimshack & Jeffrey M. Perloff & J. Michael Harris, 2002.
"Effects of the Private-Label Invasion in Food Industries,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(4), pages 961-973.
- Ward, Michael B. & Shimshack, Jay P. & Perloff, Jeffrey M. & Harris, J. Michael, 2002. "Effects of the private-label invasion in food industries," MPRA Paper 22186, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raphael Thomadsen, 2007. "Product Positioning and Competition: The Role of Location in the Fast Food Industry," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(6), pages 792-804, 11-12.
- Ferrara, Ida & Missios, Paul, 2012.
"Pricing of drugs with heterogeneous health insurance coverage,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 440-456.
- Paul Missios & Ida Ferrara, 2010. "Pricing of Drugs with Heterogeneous Health Insurance Coverage," Working Papers 026, Ryerson University, Department of Economics.
- Steven J. Davis & Kevin M. Murphy & Robert H. Topel, 2004.
"Entry, Pricing, and Product Design in an Initially Monopolized Market,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(S1), pages 188-225, February.
- Steven J. Davis & Kevin M. Murphy & Robert H. Topel, 2001. "Entry, Pricing and Product Design in an Initially Monopolized Market," NBER Working Papers 8547, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brian T. Melzer & Donald P. Morgan, 2009. "Price-increasing competition: the curious case of overdraft versus deferred deposit credit," Staff Reports 391, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Helge Sanner, 2005. "Bertrand Wettbewerb im Raum kann zu höheren Preisen führen als ein Monopol," Volkswirtschaftliche Diskussionsbeiträge 75, Universität Potsdam, Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Lindsey, Robin & West, Douglas S., 2003. "Predatory pricing in differentiated products retail markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 551-592, April.
- Gil, Ricard & Riera-Crichton, Daniel & Ruzzier, Christian, 2016. "As Seen on TV: Price Discrimination and Competition in Television Advertising," MPRA Paper 75993, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marco Alderighi & Alessandro Cento & Peter Nijkamp & Piet Rietveld, 2011. "Second-degree Price Discrimination and Inter-group Effects in Airline Routes between European Cities," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-118/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Kokovin Sergey & Zhelobodko Evgeniy, 2009. "Generalized Comparative Statics under Monopolistic Competition:Anti-competitive Paradox, Immiserizing Growth, Catastrophes," EERC Working Paper Series 09/09e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Magazzini Laura & Fabio Pammolli, 2013. "R&D, Within and Between Patent Competition in the Pharmaceutical Industry," Working Papers 3/2013, IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, revised Jul 2013.
- Chi-Cheng Wu & Chih-Jen Wang, 2005. "A Positive Theory of Private Label: A Strategic Role of Private Label in a Duopoly National-Brand Market," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 143-161, April.
- Nabin Munirul Haque & Mohan Vijay & Nicholas Aaron & Sgro Pasquale M., 2012. "Therapeutic Equivalence and the Generic Competition Paradox," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 1-26, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:agrebk:qt1sh175fc. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dabrkus.html .