ABC on Deals
We develop, and experimentally test, a behavioral model of deal- making which includes binding contracts and informal agreements as distinct but related special cases. The key assumptions: people are mostly honest; they suffer costs of overcoming temptation to renege; and they tend to split gains down the middle.
|Date of creation:||26 Aug 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Private Bag 4800, Christchurch, New Zealand|
Phone: 64 3 369 3123 (Administrator)
Fax: 64 3 364 2635
Web page: http://www.econ.canterbury.ac.nz
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James C. Cox & Maroš Servátka & Radovan Vadovic, 2009.
"Saliency of Outside Options in the Lost Wallet Game,"
Working Papers in Economics
09/03, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- James Cox & Maroš Servátka & Radovan Vadovič, 2010. "Saliency of outside options in the lost wallet game," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 13(1), pages 66-74, March.
- James C. Cox & Maros Servatka & Radovan Vadovic, 2009. "Saliency of Outside Options in the Lost Wallet Game," Experimental Economics Center Working Paper Series 2009-03, Experimental Economics Center, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Alexander L. Brown & Zhikang Eric Chua & Colin F. Camerer, 2009.
"Learning and Visceral Temptation in Dynamic Saving Experiments,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 124(1), pages 197-231.
- Alexander L. Brown & Colin F. Camerer & Zhikang Eric Chua, 2006. "Learning and Visceral Temptation in Dynamic Savings Experiments," Levine's Bibliography 321307000000000048, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Jonathan Levin, 2003.
"Relational Incentive Contracts,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(3), pages 835-857, June.
- Miettinen, Topi, 2008.
"Contracts and Promises - An Approach to Pre-play Agreements,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
707, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Topi Miettinen, 2008. "Contracts and Promises - An Approach to Pre-play Agreements," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-088, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Tore Ellingsen & Magnus Johannesson, 2004. "Promises, Threats and Fairness," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(495), pages 397-420, 04.
- Christoph Vanberg, 2008. "Why Do People Keep Their Promises? An Experimental Test of Two Explanations -super-1," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 76(6), pages 1467-1480, November.
- Emre Ozdenoren & Stephen Salant & Dan Silverman, 2006.
"Willpower and the Optimal Control of Visceral Urges,"
Economics Working Papers
0069, Institute for Advanced Study, School of Social Science.
- Emre Ozdenoren & Stephen W. Salant & Dan Silverman, 2012. "Willpower And The Optimal Control Of Visceral Urges," Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 342-368, 04.
- Ozdenoren, Emre & Salant, Stephen & Silverman, Dan, 2010. "Willpower and the Optimal Control of Visceral Urges," Discussion Papers dp-10-35, Resources For the Future.
- Emre Ozdenoren & Stephen Salant & Dan Silverman, 2006. "Willpower and the Optimal Control of Visceral Urges," NBER Working Papers 12278, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Emre Ozdenoren & Steve Salant & Dan Silverman, 2005. "Willpower and the Optimal Control of Visceral Urges," Levine's Working Paper Archive 784828000000000034, David K. Levine.
- Feltovich, Nick & Swierzbinski, Joe, 2011. "The role of strategic uncertainty in games: An experimental study of cheap talk and contracts in the Nash demand game," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 554-574, May.
- Maroš Servátka & Radovan Vadovič, 2009.
"Unequal outside options in the lost wallet game,"
AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 2870-2883.
- Ben-Ner, Avner & Putterman, Louis, 2009.
"Trust, communication and contracts: An experiment,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1-2), pages 106-121, May.
- Charness, Gary & Haruvy, Ernan & Sonsino, Doron, 2007. "Social distance and reciprocity: An Internet experiment," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 88-103, May.
- Servátka, Maroš & Tucker, Steven & Vadovič, Radovan, 2011.
"Words speak louder than money,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 700-709.
- Maroš Servátka & Steven Tucker & Radovan Vadovič, 2011. "Words Speak Louder Than Money," Working Papers in Economics 11/13, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Maroš Servátka & Steven Tucker & Radovan Vadovic, 2008. "Words Speak Louder Than Money," Working Papers in Economics 08/18, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Peter Martinsson & Kristian Ove R. Myrseth & Conny Wollbrant, 2012. "Reconciling pro-social vs. selfish behavior: On the role of self-control," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 7(3), pages 304-315, May.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 1991. "Game Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061414, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbt:econwp:12/14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Albert Yee)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.