ABC on Deals
We develop, and experimentally test, a behavioral model of deal- making which includes binding contracts and informal agreements as distinct but related special cases. The key assumptions: people are mostly honest; they suffer costs of overcoming temptation to renege; and they tend to split gains down the middle.
|Date of creation:||26 Aug 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Private Bag 4800, Christchurch, New Zealand|
Phone: 64 3 369 3123 (Administrator)
Fax: 64 3 364 2635
Web page: http://www.econ.canterbury.ac.nz
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 1991. "Game Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061414, June.
- Ben-Ner, Avner & Putterman, Louis, 2009.
"Trust, communication and contracts: An experiment,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1-2), pages 106-121, May.
- Emre Ozdenoren & Stephen Salant & Dan Silverman, 2006.
"Willpower and the Optimal Control of Visceral Urges,"
Economics Working Papers
0069, Institute for Advanced Study, School of Social Science.
- Emre Ozdenoren & Stephen W. Salant & Dan Silverman, 2012. "Willpower And The Optimal Control Of Visceral Urges," Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 342-368, 04.
- Emre Ozdenoren & Stephen Salant & Dan Silverman, 2006. "Willpower and the Optimal Control of Visceral Urges," NBER Working Papers 12278, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ozdenoren, Emre & Salant, Stephen & Silverman, Dan, 2010. "Willpower and the Optimal Control of Visceral Urges," Discussion Papers dp-10-35, Resources For the Future.
- Emre Ozdenoren & Steve Salant & Dan Silverman, 2005. "Willpower and the Optimal Control of Visceral Urges," Levine's Working Paper Archive 784828000000000034, David K. Levine.
- Maroš Servátka & Steven Tucker & Radovan Vadovič, 2011.
"Words Speak Louder Than Money,"
Working Papers in Economics
11/13, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Peter Martinsson & Kristian Ove R. Myrseth & Conny Wollbrant, 2012. "Reconciling pro-social vs. selfish behavior: On the role of self-control," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 7(3), pages 304-315, May.
- Jonathan Levin, 2003.
"Relational Incentive Contracts,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(3), pages 835-857, June.
- Maroš Servátka & Radovan Vadovič, 2009.
"Unequal outside options in the lost wallet game,"
AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 2870-2883.
- James C. Cox & Maros Servatka & Radovan Vadovic, 2009.
"Saliency of Outside Options in the Lost Wallet Game,"
Experimental Economics Center Working Paper Series
2009-03, Experimental Economics Center, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- James Cox & Maroš Servátka & Radovan Vadovič, 2010. "Saliency of outside options in the lost wallet game," Experimental Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 66-74, March.
- James C. Cox & Maroš Servátka & Radovan Vadovic, 2009. "Saliency of Outside Options in the Lost Wallet Game," Working Papers in Economics 09/03, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Tore Ellingsen & Magnus Johannesson, 2004. "Promises, Threats and Fairness," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(495), pages 397-420, 04.
- Christoph Vanberg, 2008. "Why Do People Keep Their Promises? An Experimental Test of Two Explanations -super-1," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 76(6), pages 1467-1480, November.
- Miettinen, Topi, 2008.
"Contracts and Promises - An Approach to Pre-play Agreements,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
707, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Topi Miettinen, 2008. "Contracts and Promises - An Approach to Pre-play Agreements," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-088, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Charness, Gary & Haruvy, Ernan & Sonsino, Doron, 2007. "Social distance and reciprocity: An Internet experiment," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 88-103, May.
- Feltovich, Nick & Swierzbinski, Joe, 2011. "The role of strategic uncertainty in games: An experimental study of cheap talk and contracts in the Nash demand game," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 554-574, May.
- Alexander L. Brown & Zhikang Eric Chua & Colin F. Camerer, 2009. "Learning and Visceral Temptation in Dynamic Saving Experiments," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(1), pages 197-231.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbt:econwp:12/14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Albert Yee)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.