Fiscal Risk Assessment at the CBR: A Conceptual Framework
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Schaechter & C. Emre Alper & Elif Arbatli & Carlos Caceres & Giovanni Callegari & Marc Gerard & Jiri Jonas & Tidiane Kinda & Anna Shabunina & Anke Weber, 2014. "A toolkit to assess fiscal vulnerabilities and risks in advanced economies," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(6), pages 650-660, February.
- Lars Calmfors & Simon Wren-Lewis, 2011.
"What should fiscal councils do? [Fiscal policy when monetary policy is tied to the mast],"
Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 26(68), pages 649-695.
- Calmfors, Lars & Wren-Lewis, Simon, 2010. "What Should Fiscal Councils Do?," Seminar Papers 768, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Lars Calmfors & Simon Wren-Lewis, 2011. "What Should Fiscal Councils Do?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3382, CESifo.
- Simon Wren-Lewis & Lars Calmfors, 2011. "What should fiscal councils do?," Economics Series Working Papers 537, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Giovanni Callegari & Jiri Jonas & Miss Anke Weber & Carlos Caceres & Mr. Tidiane Kinda & Ms. Elif C Arbatli Saxegaard & Mr. Emre Alper & Ms. Anna Shabunina & Mr. Marc Gerard & Ms. Andrea Schaechter, 2012. "A toolkit for Assessing Fiscal Vulnerabilities and Risks in Advanced Economies," IMF Working Papers 2012/011, International Monetary Fund.
- Michal Horvath & Ludivit Odor, 2009. "Making Fiscal Commitments Credible," Working and Discussion Papers DP 2/2009, Research Department, National Bank of Slovakia.
- Hana Polackova Brixi & Allen Schick, 2002. "Government at Risk : Contingent Liabilities and Fiscal Risk," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 15233, December.
- Ms. Lusine Lusinyan & Mr. Amine Mati & Aliona Cebotari & Ricardo Velloso & Murray Petrie & Mr. Jeffrey M. Davis & Mr. Paolo Mauro, 2009. "Fiscal Risks: Sources, Disclosure, and Management," IMF Departmental Papers / Policy Papers 2009/001, International Monetary Fund.
- Katia Berti & Matteo Salto & Matthieu Lequien, 2012. "An early-detection index of fiscal stress for EU countries," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 475, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Iva Petrova & Mr. Emanuele Baldacci & Mr. James McHugh, 2011. "Measuring Fiscal Vulnerability and Fiscal Stress: A Proposed Set of Indicators," IMF Working Papers 2011/094, International Monetary Fund.
- Huixin Bi & Eric M. Leeper, 2013. "Analyzing Fiscal Sustainability," Staff Working Papers 13-27, Bank of Canada.
- Vincent Koen & Paul van den Noord, 2005. "Fiscal Gimmickry in Europe: One-Off Measures and Creative Accounting," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 417, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zuzana Mucka, 2015. "Is the Maastricht debt limit safe enough for Slovakia?," Working Papers Working Paper No. 2/2015, Council for Budget Responsibility.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Andreea Stoian & Laura Obreja Brașoveanu & Iulian Viorel Brașoveanu & Bogdan Dumitrescu, 2018. "A Framework to Assess Fiscal Vulnerability: Empirical Evidence for European Union Countries," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(7), pages 1-20, July.
- Magkonis, Georgios & Tsopanakis, Andreas, 2014. "Exploring the effects of financial and fiscal vulnerabilities on G7 economies: Evidence from SVAR analysis," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 343-367.
- Rudolf Alvise Lennkh & Edmund Moshammer & Vilém Valenta, 2017. "A Comprehensive Scorecard for Assessing Sovereign Vulnerabilities," Working Papers 23, European Stability Mechanism.
- Hans Pitlik & Michael Klien & Stefan Schiman, 2017. "Stabilitätskonforme Berücksichtigung nachhaltiger öffentlicher Investitionen," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 60595.
- John Muellbauer, 2013.
"Conditional eurobonds and the eurozone sovereign debt crisis,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 610-645, AUTUMN.
- John Muellbauer, 2013. "Conditional Eurobonds and the Eurozone Sovereign Debt Crisis," Economics Series Working Papers 681, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Herrera Dappe,Matias & Musacchio,Aldo & Pan,Carolina & Semikolenova,Yadviga Viktorivna & Turkgulu,Burak & Barboza,Jonathan, 2022. "Smoke and Mirrors : Infrastructure State-Owned Enterprises and Fiscal Risks," Policy Research Working Paper Series 9970, The World Bank.
- Timothy C. Irwin, 2015.
"Defining The Government'S Debt And Deficit,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 711-732, September.
- Mr. Timothy C Irwin, 2015. "Defining the Government’s Debt and Deficit," IMF Working Papers 2015/238, International Monetary Fund.
- Debra Bloch & Falilou Fall, 2016.
"Government Debt Indicators:Understanding the Data,"
Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 7(01), pages 1-28, February.
- Debra Bloch & Falilou Fall, 2015. "Government debt indicators: Understanding the data," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1228, OECD Publishing.
- Turrini, Alessandro & Zeugner, Stefan, 2019.
"Benchmarks for net international investment positions,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 149-164.
- Alessandro Turrini & Stefan Zeugner, 2019. "Benchmarks for Net International Investment Positions," European Economy - Discussion Papers 2015 - 097, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Markus Reischmann, 2016. "Empirische Studien zu Staatsverschuldung und fiskalischen Transferzahlungen," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 63.
- Levy, Antoine & Ricci, Luca Antonio & Werner, Alejandro, 2020.
"The Sources of Fiscal Fluctuations,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
15450, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Antoine Levy & Mr. Luca A Ricci & Alejandro M. Werner, 2020. "The Sources of Fiscal Fluctuations," IMF Working Papers 2020/220, International Monetary Fund.
- Dufrénot, Gilles & Gente, Karine & Monsia, Frédia, 2016.
"Macroeconomic imbalances, financial stress and fiscal vulnerability in the euro area before the debt crises: A market view,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 123-146.
- Gilles Dufrénot & Karine Gente & Frédia Monsia, 2016. "Macroeconomic imbalances, financial stress and fiscal vulnerability in the euro area before the debt crises: A market view," Post-Print hal-01440301, HAL.
- Leandro Medina, 2018.
"Assessing Fiscal Risks in Bangladesh,"
Asian Development Review, MIT Press, vol. 35(1), pages 196-222, March.
- Leandro Medina, 2015. "Assessing Fiscal Risks in Bangladesh," IMF Working Papers 2015/110, International Monetary Fund.
- Ata Özkaya, 2014. "Hidden Overhang of Domestic Debt and Its Role in the This-Time-Is-Different Syndrome: An Empirical Contingent Liabilities Model," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(4), pages 73-94.
- Stoian, Andreea & Obreja Brasoveanu, Laura & Dumitrescu, Bogdan & Brasoveanu, Iulian, 2015. "Empirical study on the determinants of fiscal vulnerability: evidence for the European Union," MPRA Paper 65063, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stoian, Andreea & Obreja Brasoveanu, Laura & Dumitrescu, Bogdan & Brasoveanu, Iulian, 2015. "A new framework for detecting the short term fiscal vulnerability for the European Union countries," MPRA Paper 63537, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jakob Korbinian Eberl, 2016. "The Collateral Framework of the Eurosystem and Its Fiscal Implications," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 69.
- Douglas Sutherland & Peter Hoeller & Rossana Merola, 2012. "Fiscal Consolidation: Part 1. How Much is Needed and How to Reduce Debt to a Prudent Level?," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 932, OECD Publishing.
- Tagkalakis, Athanasios O., 2014.
"Financial stability indicators and public debt developments,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 158-179.
- Athanasios O. Tagkalakis, 2014. "Financial stability indicators and public debt developments," Working Papers 179, Bank of Greece.
- Tóth G., Csaba, 2017. "A nemzeti költségvetési szabályok elterjedése és hatása Európában [The spread of national fiscal rules and their effect in Europe]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(11), pages 1119-1147.
More about this item
Keywordsfiscal risk; contingent liabilities; fiscal limit;
All these keywords.
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H6 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbe:dpaper:201401. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/rrzbrsk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/rrzbrsk.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.