Why is it so Difficult and Complex to Solve the Euro Problem?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- S. Devrim Yilmaz & Burak Saltoglu, 2013. "Why is it so Difficult and Complex to Solve the Euro Problem?," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 180, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 2012. "The European Balance of Payments Crisis: An Introduction," CESifo Forum, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 13(SPECIALIS), pages 03-10, February.
- Özlem Onaran, 2010.
"Fiscal Crisis in Europe or a Crisis of Distribution?,"
wp226, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Ozlem Onaran, 2010. "Fiscal Crisis in Europe or a Crisis of Distribution?," Discussion Papers 18, Research on Money and Finance.
- Olivier Blanchard, 2007.
"Current Account Deficits in Rich Countries,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 54(2), pages 191-219, June.
- Cesar A. Hidalgo & Ricardo Hausmann, 2009. "The Building Blocks of Economic Complexity," Papers 0909.3890, arXiv.org.
- Alberto Bagnai, 2006. "Structural breaks and the twin deficits hypothesis," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 137-155, November.
- Holger Zemanek & Ansgar Belke & Gunther Schnabl, 2010.
"Current account balances and structural adjustment in the euro area,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 83-127, May.
- Zemanek, Holger & Belke, Ansgar & Schnabl, Gunther, 2010. "Current Account Balances and Structural Adjustment in the Euro Area," Ruhr Economic Papers 176, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Sergio Cesaratto & Antonella Stirati, 2010. "Germany and the European and Global Crises," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 56-86.
- Silvia Merler & Jean Pisani-Ferry, 2012. "Sudden Stops in the Euro Area," Review of Economics and Institutions, Università di Perugia, vol. 3(3).
- Alberto Bagnai, 2013. "Unhappy families are all alike: Minskyan cycles, Kaldorian growth, and the Eurozone peripheral crises," a/ Working Papers Series 1301, Italian Association for the Study of Economic Asymmetries, Rome (Italy).
- Sergio Cesaratto, 2012. "Controversial and novel features of the Eurozone crisis as a balance of payment crisis," Department of Economics University of Siena 640, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Bénétrix, Agustín S. & Lane, Philip R., 2013.
"Fiscal cyclicality and EMU,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 164-176.
- Agustín S. Bénétrix & Philip R. Lane, 2012. "Fiscal Cyclicality and EMU," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp403, IIIS.
- Alberto Botta, 2012.
"Conflicting Claims in the Eurozone? Austerity’s Myopic Logic and the Need for a European Federal Union in a post-Keynesian Eurozone Center-Periphery Model,"
DEM Working Papers Series
011, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Alberto Botta, 2012. "Conflicting Claims in the Eurozone? Austerity’s Myopic Logic and the need of a European federal union in a post-Keynesian Eurozone CenterPeriphery Model," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf1203, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Alberto Botta, 2012. "Conflicting Claims in the Eurozone? Austerity's Myopic Logic and the Need for a European Federal Union in a Post-Keynesian Eurozone Center-Periphery Model," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_740, Levy Economics Institute.
- Botta, Alberto, 2012. "Conflicting Claims in Eurozone? Austerity’s Myopic Logic and the Need of a European federal union in a post-Keynesian Eurozone Center-Periphery Model," MPRA Paper 41700, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jesus Felipe & Utsav Kumar, 2014.
"Unit labor costs in the eurozone: the competitiveness debate again,"
Review of Keynesian Economics,
Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 2(4), pages 490-507, October.
- Jesus Felipe & Utsav Kumar, 2011. "Unit Labor Costs in the Eurozone: The Competitiveness Debate Again," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_651, Levy Economics Institute.
- Fernanda Nechio, 2011. "Monetary policy when one size does not fit all," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue june13.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 2011. "Introduction," Munich Reprints in Economics 19628, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Roberto Frenkel & Martin Rapetti, 2009. "A developing country view of the current global crisis: what should not be forgotten and what should be done," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 685-702, July.
- Borio, Claudio, 2014.
"The financial cycle and macroeconomics: What have we learnt?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 182-198.
- Claudio Borio, 2012. "The financial cycle and macroeconomics: What have we learnt?," BIS Working Papers 395, Bank for International Settlements.
- Raphaël Chiappini, 2011.
"Offshoring and export performance in the european automotive industry,"
- Raphaël Chiappini, 2012. "Offshoring and export performance in the European automotive industry," Post-Print halshs-00853444, HAL.
- Raphaël Chiappini, 2011. "Offshoring and export performance in the european automotive industry," Larefi Working Papers 1104, Larefi, Université Bordeaux 4.
- N/A, 2011. "Balance of Payments," Foreign Trade Review, , vol. 45(4), pages 73-104, January.
- Thomas Mayer & Jochen Möbert & Christian Weistroffer, 2012. "Macroeconomic Imbalances in EMU and the Eurosystem," CESifo Forum, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 13(SPECIALIS), pages 35-42, February.
- Diaz-Alejandro, Carlos, 1985. "Good-bye financial repression, hello financial crash," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 1-24.
- Hutchison, Michael M. & Noy, Ilan & Wang, Lidan, 2010.
"Fiscal and monetary policies and the cost of sudden stops,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 973-987, October.
- Michael M. Hutchison & Ilan Noy & Lidan Wang, 2007. "Fiscal and Monetary Policies and the Cost of Sudden Stops," Working Papers 200724, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Onaran, Özlem, 2009. "A crisis of distribution," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 16224, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Felipe, Jesus & Kumar, Utsav & Abdon, Arnelyn & Bacate, Marife, 2012. "Product complexity and economic development," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 36-68.
- Olivier Blanchard & Francesco Giavazzi, 2002. "Current Account Deficits in the Euro Area: The End of the Feldstein Horioka Puzzle?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 33(2), pages 147-210.
- Philip R. Lane, 2012. "The European Sovereign Debt Crisis," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 49-68, Summer.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2011. "Monetary Union Stability: The Need for a Government Banker and the Case for a European Public Finance Authority," IMK Working Paper 2-2011, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bou:wpaper:2013/02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lutfu Gozgucu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deboutr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.