The economics of deflation in the euro area: a critique of fiscal austerity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chinn, Menzie D. & Prasad, Eswar S., 2003.
"Medium-term determinants of current accounts in industrial and developing countries: an empirical exploration,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 47-76, January.
- Menzie David Chinn & Eswar S Prasad, 2000. "Medium-Term Determinants of Current Accounts in Industrial and Developing Countries; An Empirical Exploration," IMF Working Papers 00/46, International Monetary Fund.
- Menzie D. Chinn & Eswar S. Prasad, 2000. "Medium-Term Determinants of Current Accounts in Industrial and Developing Countries: An Empirical Exploration," NBER Working Papers 7581, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Herndon & Michael Ash & Robert Pollin, 2014.
"Does high public debt consistently stifle economic growth? A critique of Reinhart and Rogoff,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 38(2), pages 257-279.
- Thomas Herndon & Michael Ash & Robert Pollin, 2013. "Does High Public Debt Consistently Stifle Economic Growth? A Critique of Reinhart and Rogo ff," Working Papers wp322, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Alberto Bagnai, 2006. "Structural breaks and the twin deficits hypothesis," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 137-155, November.
- Alberto Bagnai, 2013. "Unhappy families are all alike: Minskyan cycles, Kaldorian growth, and the Eurozone peripheral crises," a/ Working Papers Series 1301, Italian Association for the Study of Economic Asymmetries, Rome (Italy).
- Lawrence Christiano & Martin Eichenbaum & Sergio Rebelo, 2011.
"When Is the Government Spending Multiplier Large?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 119(1), pages 78-121.
- Lawrence Christiano & Martin Eichenbaum & Sergio Rebelo, 2009. "When is the government spending multiplier large?," NBER Working Papers 15394, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Martin Eichenbaum & Sergio Rebelo, 2010. "When is the government spending multiplier large?," FRB Atlanta CQER Working Paper 2010-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Sergio Rossi, 2013. "Financialisation and monetary union in Europe: the monetary–structural causes of the euro-area crisis," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 6(3), pages 381-400.
- Esteban Perez-Caldentey & Matias Vernengo, 2012. "The Euro Imbalances and Financial Deregulation: A Post-Keynesian Interpretation of the European Debt Crisis," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_702, Levy Economics Institute.
- Jenkins, Stephen P. & Brandolini, Andrea & Micklewright, John & Nolan, Brian (ed.), 2012. "The Great Recession and the Distribution of Household Income," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199671021.
- Sergio Cesaratto & Antonella Stirati, 2010. "Germany and the European and Global Crises," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 56-86.
- Fleming, J Marcus, 1971. "On Exchange Rate Unification," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 81(323), pages 467-488, September.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1990.
"Costs and Benefits of European Monetary Unification,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt2r11b5x1, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Barry Eichengreen., 1990. "Costs and Benefits of European Monetary Unification," Economics Working Papers 90-150, University of California at Berkeley.
- Jekaterina Navicke & Olga Rastrigina & Holly Sutherland, 2014.
"Nowcasting Indicators of Poverty Risk in the European Union: A Microsimulation Approach,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 119(1), pages 101-119, October.
- Navicke, Jekaterina & Rastrigina, Olga & Sutherland, Holly, 2013. "Nowcasting indicators of poverty risk in the European Union: a microsimulation approach," EUROMOD Working Papers EM11/13, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Aldo Barba & Giancarlo De Vivo, 2013. "Flawed Currency Areas and Viable Currency Areas: External Imbalances and Public Finance in the Time of the Euro," Contributions to Political Economy, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(1), pages 73-96.
- Alberto Alesina & Roberto Perotti, 1997. "Fiscal Adjustments in OECD Countries: Composition and Macroeconomic Effects," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 44(2), pages 210-248, June.
- Philip R. Lane, 2012. "The European Sovereign Debt Crisis," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 49-68, Summer.
- Sergio Rossi & Bernard Dafflon, 2012. "Repairing the original sin of the European Monetary Union," International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(2), pages 102-123.
- Terenzio Cozzi, 2013. "La crisi e i moltiplicatori fiscali," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 66(262), pages 129-151.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philipp Heimberger & Jakob Kapeller, 2017.
"The performativity of potential output: pro-cyclicality and path dependency in coordinating European fiscal policies,"
Review of International Political Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(5), pages 904-928, September.
- Jakob Kapeller & Philipp Heimberger, 2016. "The performativity of potential output: Pro-cyclicality and path dependency in coordinating European fiscal policies," ICAE Working Papers 50, Johannes Kepler University, Institute for Comprehensive Analysis of the Economy.
- Philipp Heimberger & Jakob Kapeller, 2016. "The performativity of potential output: Pro-cyclicality and path dependency in coordinating European fiscal policies," Working Papers Series 50, Institute for New Economic Thinking.
- repec:elg:rokejn:v:5:y:2017:i:3:p439-458 is not listed on IDEAS
- Philipp Heimberger, 2017.
"Did fiscal consolidation cause the double-dip recession in the euro area?,"
Review of Keynesian Economics,
Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 5(3), pages 439-458, July.
- Philipp Heimberger, 2015. "Did Fiscal Consolidation Cause the Double Dip Recession in the Euro Area?," ICAE Working Papers 41, Johannes Kepler University, Institute for Comprehensive Analysis of the Economy.
- Philipp Heimberger, 2016. "Did Fiscal Consolidation Cause the Double-Dip Recession in the Euro Area?," wiiw Working Papers 130, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Karl Michael Beyer & Lars Braeutigam, 2016. "Das europaeische Schattenbankensystem: Typologisierung und die Bewertung regulatorischer Initiativen auf europaeischer Ebene," ICAE Working Papers 56, Johannes Kepler University, Institute for Comprehensive Analysis of the Economy.
- Lars Bräutigam & Karl Michael Beyer, 2016. "Das europäische Schattenbankensystem," Working Paper Reihe der AK Wien - Materialien zu Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft 154, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik.
More about this item
Keywordsausterity; deflation; euro area;
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:elg:rokejn:v:3:y:2015:i:3:p336-350. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katie Smith). General contact details of provider: http://www.elgaronline.com/roke .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.