Italy’s Price Competitiveness: An Empirical Assessment Through Export Elasticities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Olivier Blanchard, 2007.
"Current Account Deficits in Rich Countries,"
IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 54(2), pages 191-219, June.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Ansgar Belke & Christian Dreger, 2011.
"Current Account Imbalances in the Euro Area: Catching up or Competitiveness?,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1106, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Belke, Ansgar & Dreger, Christian, 2011. "Current account imbalances in the euro area: Catching up or competitiveness?," Annual Conference 2011 (Frankfurt, Main): The Order of the World Economy - Lessons from the Crisis 48711, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Belke, Ansgar & Dreger, Christian, 2011. "Current Account Imbalances in the Euro Area: Catching up or Competitiveness?," Ruhr Economic Papers 241, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Belke, Ansgar & Dreger, Christian, 2011. "Current account imbalances in the euro area: Catching up or competitiveness?," Discussion Papers 297, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Alberto Bagnai & Christian Alexander Mongeau Ospina, 2014. "The a/simmetrie annual macroeconometric model of the Italian economy: structure and properties," a/ Working Papers Series 1405, Italian Association for the Study of Economic Asymmetries, Rome (Italy).
- Matteo Deleidi & Walter Paternesi Meloni, "undated". "Italian economic trends and labor market reforms: a 50-years overview," Working Papers 0012, ASTRIL - Associazione Studi e Ricerche Interdisciplinari sul Lavoro.
- Walter Paternesi Meloni, 2017. "Austerity & Competitiveness in the Eurozone: a misleading linkage," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0223, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Tkačevs, Olegs & Christodoulopoulou, Styliani & Bobeica, Elena, 2016.
"The role of price and cost competitiveness for intra- and extra-euro area trade of euro area countries,"
Working Paper Series
1941, European Central Bank.
- Elena Bobeica & Olegs Tkacevs & Styliani Christodoulopoulou, 2016. "The role of price and cost competitiveness for intra- and extra-euro area trade of euro area countries," Working Papers 2016/04, Latvijas Banka.
- Annamaria Simonazzi & Andrea Ginzburg & Gianluigi Nocella, 2013. "Economic relations between Germany and southern Europe," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 653-675.
- International Monetary Fund, 2005. "France, Germany, Italy, and Spain; Explaining Differences in External Sector Performance Among Large Euro Area Countries," IMF Staff Country Reports 05/401, International Monetary Fund.
- Bernardina Algieri, 2015. "Price and non-price competitiveness in export demand: empirical evidence from Italy," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 42(1), pages 157-183, February.
- Paolo Guerrieri & Piero Esposito, 2013. "Intra-European imbalances, adjustment, and growth in the eurozone," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(3), pages 532-550, AUTUMN.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1988. "Some recent development in a concept of causality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 199-211.
- Claire Giordano & Francesco Zollino, 2016.
"Shedding Light on Price- and Non-price-competitiveness Determinants of Foreign Trade in the Four Largest Euro-area Countries,"
Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 604-634, August.
- Claire Giordano & Francesco Zollino, 2014. "Exploring price and non-price determinants of trade flows in the largest euro-area countries," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 233, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Giordano, Claire & Zollino, Francesco, 2015. "Exploring price and non-price determinants of trade flows in the largest euro-area countries," Working Paper Series 1789, European Central Bank.
- Emiliano Brancaccio, 2008. "Deficit commerciale, crisi di bilancio e politica deflazionista," STUDI ECONOMICI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2008(96), pages 109-128.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Guido Bulligan & Fabio Busetti & Michele Caivano & Pietro Cova & Davide Fantino & Alberto Locarno & Lisa Rodano, 2017. "The Bank of Italy econometric model: an update of the main equations and model elasticities," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1130, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Mariarosaria Comunale & Jeroen Hessel, 2014. "Current account imbalances in the Euro area: Competitiveness or financial cycle?," DNB Working Papers 443, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Rober Stehrer & Roman Stöllinger, 2015. "The Central European Manufacturin Core: What is Driving Regional Production Sharing?," FIW Research Reports series VI-002, FIW.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sergio Cesaratto & Gennaro Zezza, 2018.
"What went wrong with Italy, and what the country should now fight for in Europe,"
FMM Working Paper
37-2018, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Sergio Cesaratto & Gennaro Zezza, 2018. "What went wrong with Italy, and what the country should now fight for in Europe," Department of Economics University of Siena 786, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
More about this item
KeywordsPrice competitiveness; Cointegration; Italy’s exports; REER; Trade elasticities; Eurozone imbalances;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:italej:v:4:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s40797-018-0075-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.