Italy’s Price Competitiveness: An Empirical Assessment Through Export Elasticities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Olivier Blanchard, 2007.
"Current Account Deficits in Rich Countries,"
IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 54(2), pages 191-219, June.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Belke, Ansgar & Dreger, Christian, 2011.
"Current account imbalances in the euro area: Catching up or competitiveness?,"
297, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Belke, Ansgar & Dreger, Christian, 2011. "Current account imbalances in the euro area: Catching up or competitiveness?," VfS Annual Conference 2011 (Frankfurt, Main): The Order of the World Economy - Lessons from the Crisis 48711, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Ansgar Belke & Christian Dreger, 2011. "Current Account Imbalances in the Euro Area: Catching up or Competitiveness?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1106, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Belke, Ansgar & Dreger, Christian, 2011. "Current Account Imbalances in the Euro Area: Catching up or Competitiveness?," Ruhr Economic Papers 241, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Alberto Bagnai & Christian Alexander Mongeau Ospina, 2014. "The a/simmetrie annual macroeconometric model of the Italian economy: structure and properties," a/ Working Papers Series 1405, Italian Association for the Study of Economic Asymmetries, Rome (Italy).
- Matteo Deleidi & Walter Paternesi Meloni, "undated". "Italian economic trends and labor market reforms: a 50-years overview," Working Papers 0012, ASTRIL - Associazione Studi e Ricerche Interdisciplinari sul Lavoro.
- Walter Paternesi Meloni, 2017. "Austerity & Competitiveness in the Eurozone: a misleading linkage," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0223, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Tkačevs, Olegs & Christodoulopoulou, Styliani & Bobeica, Elena, 2016.
"The role of price and cost competitiveness for intra- and extra-euro area trade of euro area countries,"
Working Paper Series
1941, European Central Bank.
- Elena Bobeica & Olegs Tkacevs & Styliani Christodoulopoulou, 2016. "The role of price and cost competitiveness for intra- and extra-euro area trade of euro area countries," Working Papers 2016/04, Latvijas Banka.
- Annamaria Simonazzi & Andrea Ginzburg & Gianluigi Nocella, 2013. "Economic relations between Germany and southern Europe," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 653-675.
- International Monetary Fund, 2005. "France, Germany, Italy, and Spain; Explaining Differences in External Sector Performance Among Large Euro Area Countries," IMF Staff Country Reports 05/401, International Monetary Fund.
- Bernardina Algieri, 2015. "Price and non-price competitiveness in export demand: empirical evidence from Italy," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 42(1), pages 157-183, February.
- Paolo Guerrieri & Piero Esposito, 2013. "Intra-European imbalances, adjustment, and growth in the eurozone," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(3), pages 532-550, AUTUMN.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1988. "Some recent development in a concept of causality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 199-211.
- Claire Giordano & Francesco Zollino, 2016.
"Shedding Light on Price- and Non-price-competitiveness Determinants of Foreign Trade in the Four Largest Euro-area Countries,"
Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 604-634, August.
- Claire Giordano & Francesco Zollino, 2014. "Exploring price and non-price determinants of trade flows in the largest euro-area countries," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 233, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Giordano, Claire & Zollino, Francesco, 2015. "Exploring price and non-price determinants of trade flows in the largest euro-area countries," Working Paper Series 1789, European Central Bank.
- Emiliano Brancaccio, 2008. "Deficit commerciale, crisi di bilancio e politica deflazionista," STUDI ECONOMICI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2008(96), pages 109-128.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Guido Bulligan & Fabio Busetti & Michele Caivano & Pietro Cova & Davide Fantino & Alberto Locarno & Lisa Rodano, 2017. "The Bank of Italy econometric model: an update of the main equations and model elasticities," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1130, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Mariarosaria Comunale & Jeroen Hessel, 2014. "Current account imbalances in the Euro area: Competitiveness or financial cycle?," DNB Working Papers 443, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Rober Stehrer & Roman Stöllinger, 2015. "The Central European Manufacturin Core: What is Driving Regional Production Sharing?," FIW Research Reports series VI-002, FIW.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sara Labrar & Adil El Marhoum, 2020. "Moroccoâ€™s External Performance: An Empirical Assessment Of Export Competitiveness Determinants," International Journal of Business and Social Research, LAR Center Press, vol. 10(4), pages 22-35, April.
- Baccaro, Lucio & D'Antoni, Massimo, 2020. "Has the "external constraint" contributed to Italy's stagnation? A critical event analysis," MPIfG Discussion Paper 20/9, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Walter Paternesi Meloni, 2021. "The price vs. non-price competitiveness conundrum: a post-Keynesian comparative political economy analysis," Working Papers PKWP2109, Post Keynesian Economics Society (PKES).
- Sascha Keil, 2021. "The Challenging Estimation Of Trade Elasticities:Tackling The Inconclusive Eurozone Evidence," Chemnitz Economic Papers 042, Department of Economics, Chemnitz University of Technology, revised May 2021.
- Sergio Cesaratto & Gennaro Zezza, 2018.
"What went wrong with Italy, and what the country should now fight for in Europe,"
FMM Working Paper
37-2018, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Sergio Cesaratto & Gennaro Zezza, 2018. "What went wrong with Italy, and what the country should now fight for in Europe," Department of Economics University of Siena 786, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Paternesi Meloni, Walter, 2016. "Austerity and competitiveness in the Eurozone: a misleading linkage," MPRA Paper 75962, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eugene Kouassi & Bernard Decaluwe & Crispin Kapombe & Dale Colyer, 1999. "Temporal causality and the dynamic interactions between terms of trade and current account deficits in co-integrated VAR processes: further evidence from Ivorian time series," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(1), pages 89-96.
- Mehdi Abid & Rafaa Mraihi, 2015. "Energy Consumption and Industrial Production: Evidence from Tunisia at Both Aggregated and Disaggregated Levels," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 6(4), pages 1123-1137, December.
- Isabel CortÃ©s-JimÃ©nez & Manuel ArtÃs, 2005.
"The role of the tourism sector in economic development - Lessons from the Spanish experience,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa05p488, European Regional Science Association.
- Isabel Cortes Jimenez & Manuel Artis Ortuno, 2006. "The role of the tourism sector in economic development. Lessons from the Spanish experience," Working Papers in Economics 158, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Mehdi Abid, 2016. "Energy Consumption-Informal Economic Growth Analysis: What Policy Options Do We Have?," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 7(1), pages 207-218, March.
- Banu Demirhan, 2016. "Financial Development and Investment Amount Nexus: A Case Study of Turkey," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 6(3), pages 127-134, March.
- Bashiri Behmiri, Niaz & Pires Manso, José R., 2012. "Does Portuguese economy support crude oil conservation hypothesis?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 628-634.
- Dierk Herzer, 2017. "Refugee Immigration and Total Factor Productivity," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 390-414, July.
- Zhang, Yu & Zhang, Sufang, 2018. "The impacts of GDP, trade structure, exchange rate and FDI inflows on China's carbon emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 347-353.
- Akmal, Muhammad Shahbaz & Ahmad, Khalil & Ali, Muhammad, 2009.
"Exports-Led Growth Hypothesis in Pakistan: Further Evidence,"
16043, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz & Pervaz, Azeem & Ahmad, Khalil, 2011. "Exports-led growth hypothesis in Pakistan: further evidence," MPRA Paper 33617, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Sep 2011.
- Muhammad Omer & Omar Farooq Saqib, 2009.
"Monetary Targeting in Pakistan: A Skeptical Note,"
SBP Research Bulletin, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department, vol. 5, pages 53-81.
- Saqib, Omar F & Omer, Muhamad, 2008. "Monetary Targeting in Pakistan: A Skeptical Note," MPRA Paper 14883, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Omer & Omar Farooq Saqib, 2008. "Monetary Targeting in Pakistan: A Skeptical Note," SBP Working Paper Series 25, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
- Chee Loong, Lee & Chun Hao, Laiu & Nur Hidayah, Ramli & Nur Sabrina, Mohd Palel, 2018. "Dynamic Interactions in Macroeconomic Activities," EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 1651-1672.
- Naser, Hanan, 2014. "On the cointegration and causality between Oil market, Nuclear Energy Consumption, and Economic Growth: Evidence from Developed Countries," MPRA Paper 65252, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 25 Mar 2015.
- Alola, Andrew Adewale & Akadiri, Seyi Saint, 2021. "Clean energy development in the United States amidst augmented socioeconomic aspects and country-specific policies," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 221-230.
- Ã–zgÃ¼r Ã–zaydÄ±n* & H. Alper GÃ¼zel, 2019. "Oil Consumption and Economic Growth in Turkey: An ARDL Bounds Test Approach in the Presence of Structural Breaks," Business, Management and Economics Research, Academic Research Publishing Group, vol. 5(6), pages 77-85, 06-2019.
- Kyriakos Emmanouilidis & Christos Karpetis, 2020. "The Defense–Growth Nexus: A Review of Time Series Methods and Empirical Results," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(1), pages 86-104, January.
- Eita, Joel Hinaunye & Mbazima, Daisy, 2008. "The Causal Relationship Between Government Revenue and Expenditure in Namibia," MPRA Paper 9154, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Houssem Eddine Chebbi & Marcelo Olarreaga, 2011. "Agricultural Trade Balance and Exchange Rate Depreciation: The Case of Tunisia," Working Papers 610, Economic Research Forum, revised 08 Jan 2011.
- Chu, Patrick Kuok-Kun, 2011. "Relationship between macroeconomic variables and net asset values (NAV) of equity funds: Cointegration evidence and vector error correction model of the Hong Kong Mandatory Provident Funds (MPFs)," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 792-810.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2008:i:21:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mansor H. Ibrahim, 2006.
"Stock Prices and Bank Loan Dynamics in a Developing Country: The Case of Malaysia,"
Journal of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 71-89, May.
- Mansor H. Ibrahim, 2006. "Stock prices and bank loan dynamics in a developing country: The case of Malaysia," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 9, pages 71-89, May.
More about this item
KeywordsPrice competitiveness; Cointegration; Italy’s exports; REER; Trade elasticities; Eurozone imbalances;
All these keywords.
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:italej:v:4:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s40797-018-0075-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.