Price Disclosure by Two-sided Platforms
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Schultz, Christian, 2004. "Market transparency and product differentiation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 173-178, May.
- Griva, Krina & Vettas, Nikolaos, 2011.
"Price competition in a differentiated products duopoly under network effects,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 85-97, March.
- Griva, Krina & Vettas, Nikolaos, 2004. "Price Competition in a Differentiated Products Duopoly Under Network Effects," CEPR Discussion Papers 4574, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gene M. Grossman & Carl Shapiro, 1984. "Informative Advertising with Differentiated Products," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(1), pages 63-81.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2014.
"Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets,"
Competition Policy International, vol. 10.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Triole, Jean, 2002. "Platform competition in two sided markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24929, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Triole, 2002. "Platform Competition in Two Sided Markets," FMG Discussion Papers dp409, Financial Markets Group.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Tirole, Jean, 2003. "Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets," IDEI Working Papers 152, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Oliver Hart & Jean Tirole, 1990. "Vertical Integration and Market Foreclosure," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 21(1990 Micr), pages 205-286.
- Belleflamme, Paul & Peitz, Martin, 2019.
"Platform competition: Who benefits from multihoming?,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 1-26.
- Belleflamme, Paul & Peitz, Martin, 2017. "Platform competition : who benefits from multihoming?," Working Papers 17-05, University of Mannheim, Department of Economics.
- Paul Belleflamme & Martin Peitz, 2018. "Platform Competition: Who Benefits from Multihoming?," CRC TR 224 Discussion Paper Series crctr224_2018_001, University of Bonn and University of Mannheim, Germany.
- Belleflamme, Paul & Peitz, Martin, 2017. "Platform Competition: Who Benefits from Multihoming?," CEPR Discussion Papers 12452, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Martin Peitz & Paul Belleflamme, 2019. "Platform competition: Who benefits from multihoming?," Post-Print hal-02137757, HAL.
- Catherine Tucker & Juanjuan Zhang, 2010. "Growing Two-Sided Networks by Advertising the User Base: A Field Experiment," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(5), pages 805-814, 09-10.
- Schultz, Christian, 2009. "Transparency and product variety," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 102(3), pages 165-168, March.
- Hagiu, Andrei & Hałaburda, Hanna, 2014. "Information and two-sided platform profits," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 25-35.
- Belleflamme, Paul & Peitz, Martin, 2010.
"Platform competition and seller investment incentives,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 54(8), pages 1059-1076, November.
- BELLEFLAME, Paul & PEITZ, Martin, 2010. "Platform competition and seller investment incentives," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2339, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Luís Cabral, 2019. "Towards a theory of platform dynamics," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 60-72, January.
- Mark Armstrong & Julian Wright, 2007. "Two-sided Markets, Competitive Bottlenecks and Exclusive Contracts," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 32(2), pages 353-380, August.
- Gerard R. Butters, 1977. "Equilibrium Distributions of Sales and Advertising Prices," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 465-491.
- Bruno Jullien & Alessandro Pavan, 2019. "Information Management and Pricing in Platform Markets," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 86(4), pages 1666-1703.
- Sjaak Hurkens & Ángel L. López, 2014. "Mobile Termination, Network Externalities and Consumer Expectations," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 124(579), pages 1005-1039, September.
- Gabszewicz, Jean J. & Wauthy, Xavier Y., 2014. "Vertical product differentiation and two-sided markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 58-61.
More about this item
Keywordsprice transparency; two-sided markets; competitive bottleneck; platform competition; price information; strategic disclosure;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2019-06-17 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-GTH-2019-06-17 (Game Theory)
- NEP-IND-2019-06-17 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2019-06-17 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-PAY-2019-06-17 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
- NEP-REG-2019-06-17 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bon:boncrc:crctr224_2019_099. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CRC Office). General contact details of provider: https://www.crctr224.de/en .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.