Arts vs Engineering: The Choice among Consumption of and Investment in Education
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jo Blanden & Stephen Machin, 2013.
"Educational Inequality and The Expansion of UK Higher Education,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 60(5), pages 578-596, November.
- Jo Blanden & Stephen Machin, 2004. "Educational Inequality and the Expansion of UK Higher Education," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 51(2), pages 230-249, May.
- Blanden, Jo & Machin, Stephen, 2004. "Educational inequality and the expansion of UK higher education," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 17497, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Benabou, Roland, 1996. "Heterogeneity, Stratification, and Growth: Macroeconomic Implications of Community Structure and School Finance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 584-609, June.
- Shintaro Yamaguchi, 2012. "Tasks and Heterogeneous Human Capital," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(1), pages 1-53.
- McMahon, Walter W, 1976. "Influences on Investment by Blacks in Higher Education," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 320-323, May.
- Carneiro, Pedro & Heckman, James J., 2003. "Human Capital Policy," IZA Discussion Papers 821, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hearn, James C., 1988. "Attendance at higher-cost colleges: Ascribed, socioeconomic, and academic influences on student enrollment patterns," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 65-76, February.
- Carl Sanders & Christopher Taber, 2012. "Life-Cycle Wage Growth and Heterogeneous Human Capital," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 4(1), pages 399-425, July.
- Panzar, John C & Willig, Robert D, 1976. "Vindication of a "Common Mistake" in Welfare Economics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1361-1363, December.
- Stephen V. Cameron & James J. Heckman, 2001. "The Dynamics of Educational Attainment for Black, Hispanic, and White Males," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(3), pages 455-499, June.
- Francesco Vona, 2011. "Does the Expansion of Higher Education Reduce Educational Inequality? Evidence from 12 European Countries," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2011-12, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philippe De Donder & Francisco Martinez-Mora, 2015.
"On the Political Economy of University Admission Standards,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
15/11, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- De Donder, Philippe & Martinez-Mora, Francisco, 2015. "On the Political Economy of University Admission Standards," TSE Working Papers 15-582, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Philippe De Donder & Francisco Martinez-Mora, 2015. "On the Political Economy of University Admission Standards," CESifo Working Paper Series 5382, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-15 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bol:bodewp:wp892. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sebolit.html .