Wealth inequality, unequal opportunities and inefficient credit market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David de Meza & David C. Webb, 1987. "Too Much Investment: A Problem of Asymmetric Information," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(2), pages 281-292.
- Besanko, David & Thakor, Anjan V, 1987. "Collateral and Rationing: Sorting Equilibria in Monopolistic and Competitive Credit Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(3), pages 671-689, October.
- Ghatak, Maitreesh & Morelli, Massimo & Sjostrom, Tomas, 2007. "Entrepreneurial talent, occupational choice, and trickle up policies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 137(1), pages 27-48, November.
- Coco, Giuseppe & Pignataro, Giuseppe, 2010. "Inequality of opportunity in the credit market," DEMQ Working Paper Series 2010/5, University of Catania, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Giuseppe Coco & Giuseppe Pignataro, 2013. "Unfair credit allocations," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 241-251, June.
- Simon C. Parker, 2003. "Asymmetric information, occupational choice and government policy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(490), pages 861-882, October.
- Coco, Giuseppe, 2000. " On the Use of Collateral," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 191-214, April.
- Ogaki, Masao & Zhang, Qiang, 2001.
"Decreasing Relative Risk Aversion and Tests of Risk Sharing,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(2), pages 515-526, March.
- Masao Ogaki & Qiang Zhang, 1998. "Decreasing Relative Risk Aversion and Tests of Risk Sharing," Working Papers 98-02, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Masao Ogaki & Qiang Zhang, 2000. "Decreasing Relative Risk Aversion and Tests of Risk Sharing," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1588, Econometric Society.
- Scheuer, Florian, 2013.
"Adverse selection in credit markets and regressive profit taxation,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 148(4), pages 1333-1360.
- Florian Scheuer, 2012. "Adverse Selection In Credit Markets and Regressive Profit Taxation," NBER Working Papers 18406, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- de Meza, David & Webb, David, 1999. "Wealth, Enterprise and Credit Policy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(455), pages 153-163, April.
- Blake, David, 1996. "Efficiency, Risk Aversion and Portfolio Insurance: An Analysis of Financial Asset Portfolios Held by Investors in the United Kingdom," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(438), pages 1175-1192, September.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1992. "Asymmetric Information in Credit Markets and Its Implications for Macro-economics," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(4), pages 694-724, October.
- Coco, Giuseppe, 1999.
"Collateral, heterogeneity in risk attitude and the credit market equilibrium,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 559-574, March.
- Coco, Guiseppe, 1997. "Collateral, Heterogeneity in Risk Attitude and the Credit Market Equilibrium," Discussion Papers 9702, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Newman, Andrew F., 2007.
"Risk-bearing and entrepreneurship,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 137(1), pages 11-26, November.
- Andrew F. Newman, 2007. "Risk-Bearing and Entrepreneurship," Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series dp-162, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Newman, Andrew, 2007. "Risk-bearing and Entrepreneurship," CEPR Discussion Papers 6021, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Berger, Allen N. & Udell, Gregory F., 1990. "Collateral, loan quality and bank risk," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 21-42, January.
- Sen, Amartya, 1973. "On Economic Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198281931.
- Blanchflower, David G & Oswald, Andrew J, 1998. "What Makes an Entrepreneur?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 26-60, January.
- Cressy, Robert, 2000. "Credit rationing or entrepreneurial risk aversion? An alternative explanation for the Evans and Jovanovic finding," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 235-240, February.
- Giuseppe Pignataro, 2012. "Equality Of Opportunity: Policy And Measurement Paradigms," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(5), pages 800-834, December.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Gruner, Hans Peter, 2003. "Redistribution as a selection device," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 194-216, February.
- Bester, Helmut, 1985. "Screening vs. Rationing in Credit Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 850-855, September.
More about this item
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2012-11-11 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-ENT-2012-11-11 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-PPM-2012-11-11 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bol:bodewp:wp851. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sebolit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.