The efficient resolution of capital account crises: how to avoid moral hazard
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gregor Irwin & David Vines, 2005. "The efficient resolution of capital account crises: how to avoid moral hazard," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(3), pages 233-250.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew G Haldane & Jorg Scheibe, 2004. "IMF lending and creditor moral hazard," Bank of England working papers 216, Bank of England.
- Geanakoplos, J. D. & Tsomocos, D. P., 2002. "International finance in general equilibrium," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 85-142, June.
- Prasanna Gai & Ashley Taylor, 2004.
"International Financial Rescues and Debtor-Country Moral Hazard,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 391-420, December.
- Ashley Taylor & Prasanna Gai, 2004. "International financial rescues and debtor-country moral hazard," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 561, Econometric Society.
- Prasanna Gai & Ashley Taylor, 2004. "International financial rescues and debtor country moral hazard," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2003 34, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Prasanna Gai & Ashley Taylor, 2004. "International financial rescues and debtor-country moral hazard," Bank of England working papers 217, Bank of England.
- Tsomocos, Dimitrios P., 2003.
"Equilibrium analysis, banking, contagion and financial fragility,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
24826, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Dimitrios P Tsomocos, 2003. "Equilibrium analysis, banking, contagion and financial fragility," Bank of England working papers 175, Bank of England.
- Dimitrios Tsomocos, 2003. "Equilibrium analysis, banking, contagion and financial fragility," FMG Discussion Papers dp450, Financial Markets Group.
- Dimitrios Tsomocos, 2003. "Equilibrium Analysis, Banking, Contagion and Financial Fragility," OFRC Working Papers Series 2003fe03, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Andrew G Haldane & Gregor Irwin & Victoria Saporta, 2004.
"Bail out or work out? theoretical considerations,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(494), pages 130-148, March.
- Saporta, Victoria & Andrew G Haldane & Gregor Irwin, 2003. "Bail-Out or Work-Out? Theoretical Considerations," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 181, Royal Economic Society.
- Andrew G Haldane & Gregor Irwin & Victoria Saporta, 2004. "Bail out or work out? Theoretical considerations," Bank of England working papers 219, Bank of England.
- Stanley Fischer, 1999. "On the Need for an International Lender of Last Resort," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 85-104, Fall.
- Olivier Jeanne & Jeromin Zettelmeyer, 2001.
"International bailouts, moral hazard and conditionality,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 16(33), pages 407-432, October.
- Olivier Jeanne & Jeromin Zettelmeyer, 2001. "International Bailouts, Moral Hazard, and Conditionality," CESifo Working Paper Series 563, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bolton, Patrick & Scharfstein, David S, 1990. "A Theory of Predation Based on Agency Problems in Financial Contracting," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 93-106, March.
- Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Jeronimo Zettelmeyer & Isabel Schnabel, 2002. "Moral Hazard and International Crisis Lending; A Test," IMF Working Papers 02/181, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philipp Maier, 2007. "Do We Need the IMF to Resolve a Crisis? Lessons from Past Episodes of Debt Restructuring," Staff Working Papers 07-10, Bank of Canada.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-IFN-2004-11-07 (International Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boe:boeewp:233. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Media Team). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/boegvuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.