Equity, debt and moral hazard: the optimal structure of banks’ loss absorbing capacity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mailath George J. & Mester Loretta J., 1994. "A Positive Analysis of Bank Closure," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 272-299, June.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Martynova, Natalya & Perotti, Enrico, 2018.
"Convertible bonds and bank risk-taking,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 35(PB), pages 61-80.
- Natalya Martynova & Enrico Perotti, 2012. "Convertible Bonds and Bank Risk-Taking," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-106/IV/DSF41, Tinbergen Institute, revised 10 Oct 2016.
- Martynova, Natalya & Perotti, Enrico C., 2018. "Convertible bonds and bank risk-taking," Discussion Papers 24/2018, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Natalya Martynova & Enrico Perotti, 2015. "Convertible bonds and bank risk-taking," DNB Working Papers 480, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
More about this item
KeywordsBank capital; bank capital regulation; total loss absorbing capacity; bank resolution;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2018-08-27 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2018-08-27 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CFN-2018-08-27 (Corporate Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boe:boeewp:0745. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Media Team). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/boegvuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.