Machine learning at central banks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kursa, Miron B. & Rudnicki, Witold R., 2010. "Feature Selection with the Boruta Package," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 36(i11).
- Isaac Mbiti & David N. Weil, 2015.
"Mobile Banking: The Impact of M-Pesa in Kenya,"
NBER Chapters,in: African Successes, Volume III: Modernization and Development, pages 247-293
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Isaac Mbiti & David N. Weil, 2011. "Mobile Banking: The Impact of M-Pesa in Kenya," Working Papers 2011-13, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Isaac Mbiti & David N. Weil, 2011. "Mobile Banking: The Impact of M-Pesa in Kenya," NBER Working Papers 17129, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vaart Aad W. van der & Dudoit Sandrine & Laan Mark J. van der, 2006. "Oracle inequalities for multi-fold cross validation," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 24(3), pages 1-21, December.
- Alberto Abadie & Kasy, Maximilian, 2017. "The risk of machine learning," Working Paper 383316, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Jon Kleinberg & Jens Ludwig & Sendhil Mullainathan & Ziad Obermeyer, 2015. "Prediction Policy Problems," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 105(5), pages 491-495, May.
- Harding, Matthew & Lovenheim, Michael, 2017.
"The effect of prices on nutrition: Comparing the impact of product- and nutrient-specific taxes,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 53-71.
- Matthew Harding & Michael Lovenheim, 2014. "The Effect of Prices on Nutrition: Comparing the Impact of Product- and Nutrient-Specific Taxes," NBER Working Papers 19781, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matthew Harding & Michael Lovenheim, 2014. "The Effect of Prices on Nutrition: Comparing the Impact of Product- and Nutrient-Specific Taxes," Discussion Papers 13-023, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Njuguna, Christopher & McSharry, Patrick, 2017. "Constructing spatiotemporal poverty indices from big data," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 318-327.
- David Bholat & Stephen Hans & Pedro Santos & Cheryl Schonhardt-Bailey, 2015. "Text mining for central banks," Handbooks, Centre for Central Banking Studies, Bank of England, edition 1, number 33.
- Bracke, Philippe & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2016. "History dependence in the housing market," Bank of England working papers 630, Bank of England.
- Zeileis, Achim & Leisch, Friedrich & Hornik, Kurt & Kleiber, Christian, 2002.
"strucchange: An R Package for Testing for Structural Change in Linear Regression Models,"
Journal of Statistical Software,
Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 7(i02).
- Zeileis, Achim & Leisch, Friedrich & Hornik, Kurt & Kleiber, Christian, 2001. "Strucchange: An R package for testing for structural change in linear regression models," Technical Reports 2001,26, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Hal R. Varian, 2014. "Big Data: New Tricks for Econometrics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 28(2), pages 3-28, Spring.
- Atz, Ulrich & Bholat, David, 2016. "Peer-to-peer lending and financial innovation in the United Kingdom - Ulrich Atz and David Bholat," Bank of England working papers 598, Bank of England.
- Pamela K. Coats & L. Franklin Fant, 1993. "Recognizing Financial Distress Patterns Using a Neural Network Tool," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 22(3), Fall.
- Olga Cielinska & Andreas Joseph & Ujwal Shreyas & John Tanner & Michalis Vasios, 2017.
"Gauging market dynamics using trade repository data: The case of the Swiss franc de-pegging,"
IFC Bulletins chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Statistical implications of the new financial landscape, volume 43
Bank for International Settlements.
- Cielinska, Olga & Joseph, Andreas & Shreyas, Ujwal & Tanner, John & Vasios, Michalis, 2017. "Gauging market dynamics using trade repository data: the case of the Swiss franc de-pegging," Bank of England Financial Stability Papers 41, Bank of England.
- Matthew Harding & Carlos Lamarche, 2016. "Empowering Consumers Through Data and Smart Technology: Experimental Evidence on the Consequences of Time‐of‐Use Electricity Pricing Policies," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 35(4), pages 906-931, September.
- repec:aea:jecper:v:31:y:2017:i:2:p:87-106 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lacher, R. C. & Coats, Pamela K. & Sharma, Shanker C. & Fant, L. Franklin, 1995. "A neural network for classifying the financial health of a firm," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 53-65, August.
- Patrick Bajari & Denis Nekipelov & Stephen P. Ryan & Miaoyu Yang, 2015. "Machine Learning Methods for Demand Estimation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 105(5), pages 481-485, May.
- Justin Sirignano & Apaar Sadhwani & Kay Giesecke, 2016. "Deep Learning for Mortgage Risk," Papers 1607.02470, arXiv.org.
- Daas Piet J.H. & Buelens Bart & Hurk Paul A.M. van den & Puts Marco J., 2015. "Big Data as a Source for Official Statistics," Journal of Official Statistics, De Gruyter Open, vol. 31(2), pages 249-262, June.
- Aikman, David & Galesic, Mirta & Gigerenzer, Gerd & Kapadia, Sujit & Katsikopolous, Konstantinos & Kothiyal, Amit & Murphy, Emma & Neumann, Tobias, 2014. "Taking Uncertainty Seriously: Simplicity versus Complexity in Financial Regulation," MPRA Paper 59908, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bholat, David, 2015. "Big data and central banks," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 55(1), pages 86-93.
- Alan Kirman, 2016. "Complexity and Economic Policy: A Paradigm Shift or a Change in Perspective? A Review Essay on David Colander and Roland Kupers's Complexity and the Art of Public Policy," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 54(2), pages 534-572, June.
- Paul C. Tetlock, 2007. "Giving Content to Investor Sentiment: The Role of Media in the Stock Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(3), pages 1139-1168, June.
- Altman, Edward I. & Marco, Giancarlo & Varetto, Franco, 1994. "Corporate distress diagnosis: Comparisons using linear discriminant analysis and neural networks (the Italian experience)," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 505-529, May.
- Li, Q. & Wang, Suojin, 1998. "A simple consistent bootstrap test for a parametric regression function," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 145-165, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bholat, David & Brookes, James & Cai, Chris & Grundy, Katy & Lund, Jakob, 2017. "Sending firm messages: text mining letters from PRA supervisors to banks and building societies they regulate," Bank of England working papers 688, Bank of England.
More about this item
KeywordsMachine learning; artificial intelligence; big data; econometrics; forecasting; inflation; financial markets; banking supervision; financial technology;
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- A33 - General Economics and Teaching - - Multisubject Collective Works - - - Handbooks
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C38 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Classification Methdos; Cluster Analysis; Principal Components; Factor Analysis
- C44 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
- C45 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Neural Networks and Related Topics
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- C54 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Quantitative Policy Modeling
- C55 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Large Data Sets: Modeling and Analysis
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- C87 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Econometric Software
- E37 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
- Y20 - Miscellaneous Categories - - Introductions and Prefaces - - - Introductions and Prefaces
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-09-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-BIG-2017-09-10 (Big Data)
- NEP-CBA-2017-09-10 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CMP-2017-09-10 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ECM-2017-09-10 (Econometrics)
- NEP-MAC-2017-09-10 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2017-09-10 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boe:boeewp:0674. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Media Team). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/boegvuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.