Benefits and Costs of Bank Capital
Download full text from publisher
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Bank Capital and Stress Tests: The Foundation of a Thriving Economy
by Steve Cecchetti and Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2018-07-23 11:26:07
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pervin Dadashova & Magnus Jonsson & Hanna Onyshchenko, 2018. "Macroeconomic Effects of Introducing a Capital Conservation Buffer in the Ukrainian Banking Sector," Visnyk of the National Bank of Ukraine, National Bank of Ukraine, issue 243, pages 33-42.
- Georg Junge & Peter Kugler, 2018. "Optimal equity capital requirements for large Swiss banks," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics, Springer;Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics, vol. 154(1), pages 1-21, December.
- Òscar Jordà & Björn Richter & Moritz Schularick & Alan M. Taylor, 2017.
"Bank Capital Redux: Solvency, Liquidity, and Crisis,"
NBER Working Papers
23287, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Moritz Schularick & Bjorn Richter & Alan Taylor & Oscar Jorda, 2017. "Bank Capital Redux: Solvency, Liquidity, and Crisis," 2017 Meeting Papers 843, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jordï¿½, ï¿½scar & Richter, Bjï¿½rn & Schularick, Moritz & Taylor, Alan M., 2017. "Bank Capital Redux: Solvency, Liquidity, and Crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 11934, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Òscar Jordà & Björn Richter & Moritz Schularick & Alan M. Taylor, 2017. "Bank Capital Redux: Solvency, Liquidity, and Crisis," Working Paper Series 2017-6, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, revised 28 Mar 2017.
- William R. Cline, 2016. "Benefits and Costs of Higher Capital Requirements for Banks," Working Paper Series WP16-6, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Svensson, Lars E.O., 2017. "Cost-benefit analysis of leaning against the wind," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 193-213.
- Ambrocio, Gene & Jokivuolle, Esa, 2017. "Should bank capital requirements be less risk-sensitive because of credit constraints?," Research Discussion Papers 10/2017, Bank of Finland.
- Luca, Oana & Tieman, Alexander F., 2019. "Financial sector debt bias," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 1-1.
- Ben Naceur, S. & Marton, Katherin & Roulet, Caroline, 2018.
"Basel III and bank-lending: Evidence from the United States and Europe,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1-27.
- Sami Ben Naceur & Jérémy Pépy & Caroline Roulet, 2017. "Basel III and Bank-Lending: Evidence from the United States and Europe," IMF Working Papers 17/245, International Monetary Fund.
- Ginette Eramo & Roberto Felici & Paolo Finaldi Russo & Federico Signoretti, 2018. "How slow is the recovery of loans to firms in Italy?," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 469, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Michaela Posch & Stefan W. Schmitz & Peter Strobl, 2018. "Strengthening the euro area by addressing flawed incentives in the financial system," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue Q2/18, pages 34-50.
- Cecchetti, Stephen G & Schoenholtz, Kermit, 2017. "Regulatory Reform: A Scorecard," CEPR Discussion Papers 12465, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Frederic Boissay & Carlos Cantú & Stijn Claessens & Alan Villegas, 2019. "Impact of financial regulations: insights from an online repository of studies," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- Al-Shboul, Mohammad & Maghyereh, Aktham & Hassan, Abul & Molyneux, Phillip, 2020. "Political risk and bank stability in the Middle East and North Africa region," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 60(C).
- Valeriya Dinger & Vlad Marincas & Francesco Vallascas, 2018. "Systemic Effects of Bank Equity Issues: Competition, Stabilization and Contagion," Working Papers 111, Institute of Empirical Economic Research, Osnabrueck University.
- Piotr Dybka & Bartosz Olesiński & Piotr Pękała & Andrzej Torój, 2017. "To SVAR or to SVEC? On the transmission of capital buffer shocks to the real economy," Bank i Kredyt, Narodowy Bank Polski, vol. 48(2), pages 119-148.
- Alin-Marius Andries & Florentina Melnic & Simona Nistor, 2018. "Effects of Macroprudential Policy on Systemic Risk and Bank Risk Taking," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 68(3), pages 202-244, July.
- Gambacorta, Leonardo & Shin, Hyun Song, 2018. "Why bank capital matters for monetary policy," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 35(PB), pages 17-29.
- Roulet, Caroline, 2018. "Basel III: Effects of capital and liquidity regulations on European bank lending," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 26-46.
- Fabrizio Perri & Georgios Stefanidis, 2017. "Capital Requirements and Bailouts," Staff Report 554, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Rehbein, Oliver, 2018. "Flooded through the back door: Firm-level effects of banks' lending shifts," IWH Discussion Papers 4/2018, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Valeriya Dinger & Vlad Marincas & Francesco Vallascas, 2018. "Systemic Effects of Bank Equity Issues: Competition, Stabilization and Contagion," IEER Working Papers 111, Institute of Empirical Economic Research, Osnabrueck University.
- Simon Firestone & Amy Lorenc & Benjamin Ranish, 2017. "An Empirical Economic Assessment of the Costs and Benefits of Bank Capital in the US," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-034, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 31 Mar 2017.
More about this item
KeywordsBank capital; Cost of capital; United States; Banking crisis; Capital requirements; Risk management; General equilibrium models; Bank Capital; TLAC; Financial Regulation; bank; capital; banks; capital requirements; General; All Countries;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfsdn:16/04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.