Price stability and inflation persistence during the international gold standard: The Scandinavian case
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Talia, Krim, 2004. "Scandinavian Monetary Integration During the 19th Century: A Study of the Establishment of the Scandinavian Currency Union,1865-1875," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 606, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Andrews, Donald W K & Chen, Hong-Yuan, 1994. "Approximately Median-Unbiased Estimation of Autoregressive Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(2), pages 187-204, April.
- Batini, Nicoletta & Nelson, Edward, 2001.
"The Lag from Monetary Policy Actions to Inflation: Friedman Revisited,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(3), pages 381-400, Winter.
- Nicoletta Batini & Edward Nelson, 2001. "The Lag from Monetary Policy Actions to Inflation: Friedman Revisited," Discussion Papers 06, Monetary Policy Committee Unit, Bank of England.
- Tamim Bayoumi and Barry Eichengreen., 1994.
"The Stability of the Gold Standard and the Evolution of the International Monetary System,"
Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers
C94-040, University of California at Berkeley.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Eichengreen, Barry, 1995. "The Stability of the Gold Standard and the Evolution of the International Monetary System," CEPR Discussion Papers 1248, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Eichengreen, Barry, 1994. "The Stability of the Gold Standard and the Evolution of the International Monetary System," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers 233389, University of California-Berkeley, Department of Economics.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Barry J. Eichengreen, 1995. "The Stability of the Gold Standard and the Evolution of the International Monetary System," IMF Working Papers 95/89, International Monetary Fund.
- Benati, Luca, 2008. "Investigating inflation persistence across monetary regimes," Working Paper Series 851, European Central Bank.
- Klovland, Jan T., 1998. "Monetary policy and business cycles in the interwar years: The Scandinavian experience," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(03), pages 309-344, December.
- Luca Benati, 2008. "Investigating Inflation Persistence Across Monetary Regimes," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 123(3), pages 1005-1060.
More about this item
KeywordsCurrency union; Gold Standard; Inflation persistence; Price stability; Scandinavia;
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- N13 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: Pre-1913
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-12-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2009-12-05 (Central Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2009-12-05 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MAC-2009-12-05 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2009-12-05 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bno:worpap:2009_20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nbgovno.html .