The Impact of Forward Guidance on Inflation Expectations: Evidence from the ECB
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Hubert & Fabien Labondance, 2018.
"The Effect of ECB Forward Guidance on the Term Structure of Interest Rates,"
International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 14(5), pages 193-222, December.
- Paul Hubert & Fabien Labondance, 2018. "The Effect of ECB Forward Guidance on the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/61ma1iq1299, Sciences Po.
- Breckenfelder, Johannes & De Fiore, Fiorella & Andrade, Philippe & Karadi, Peter & Tristani, Oreste, 2016. "The ECB's asset purchase programme: an early assessment," Working Paper Series 1956, European Central Bank.
- Philippe Andrade & Gaetano Gaballo & Eric Mengus & Benoît Mojon, 2019.
"Forward Guidance and Heterogeneous Beliefs,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 1-29, July.
- P. Andrade & G. Gaballo & E. Mengus & B. Mojon, 2015. "Forward Guidance and Heterogeneous Beliefs," Working papers 573, Banque de France.
- Philippe Andrade & Gaetano Gaballo & Eric Mengus & Benoit Mojon, 2018. "Forward guidance and heterogeneous beliefs," BIS Working Papers 750, Bank for International Settlements.
- Andrade, Philippe & Gaballo, Gaetano & Mengus, Eric & Mojon, Benoît, 2016. "Forward Guidance and Heterogeneous Beliefs," HEC Research Papers Series 1192, HEC Paris.
- Andrade, Philippe & Gaballo, Gaetano & Mengus, Eric & Mojon, Benoit, 2018. "Forward Guidance and Heterogeneous Beliefs," CEPR Discussion Papers 12650, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gaetano Gaballo & Eric Mengus & BenoÃ¯t Mojon & Philippe Andrade, 2016. "Forward guidance and heterogenous beliefs," 2016 Meeting Papers 1182, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- De Santis, Roberto A., 2020.
"Impact of the Asset Purchase Programme on euro area government bond yields using market news,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 192-209.
- De Santis, Roberto A., 2016. "Impact of the asset purchase programme on euro area government bond yields using market news," Working Paper Series 1939, European Central Bank.
- Refet S Gürkaynak & Brian Sack & Eric Swanson, 2005.
"Do Actions Speak Louder Than Words? The Response of Asset Prices to Monetary Policy Actions and Statements,"
International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 1(1), May.
- Refet Gürkaynak & Brian P. Sack & Eric T. Swanson, 2004. "Do actions speak louder than words? the response of asset prices to monetary policy actions and statements," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-66, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Refet Gurkaynak & Brian Sack & Eric Swanson, 2005. "Do Actions Speak Louder than Words? The Response of Asset Prices to Monetary Policy Actions and Statements," Macroeconomics 0504013, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gurkaynak, Refet S & Sack, Brian & Swanson, Eric T, 2005. "Do Actions Speak Louder Than Words? The Response of Asset Prices to Monetary Policy Actions and Statements," MPRA Paper 820, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Refet GÃ¼rkaynak & Brian Sack, 2005. "Do Actions Speak Louder Than Words?The Response of Asset Prices to Monetary Policy Actions and Statements," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 323, Society for Computational Economics.
- Richhild Moessner & David-Jan Jansen & Jakob de Haan, 2017.
"Communication About Future Policy Rates In Theory And Practice: A Survey,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(3), pages 678-711, July.
- Richhild Moessner & David-Jan Jansen & Jakob de Haan, 2015. "Communication about future policy rates in theory and practice: A Survey," DNB Working Papers 475, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Emi Nakamura & Jón Steinsson, 2013. "High Frequency Identification of Monetary Non-Neutrality: The Information Effect," NBER Working Papers 19260, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marius del Giudice Rodriguez & Emre Yoldas, 2016. "Drivers of Inflation Compensation: Evidence from Inflation Swaps in Advanced Economies," IFDP Notes 2016-12-30-2, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joscha Beckmann & Robert L. Czudaj, 2020. "Professional forecasters' expectations, consistency, and international spillovers," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 39(7), pages 1001-1024, November.
More about this item
Keywordsunconventional monetary policies; forward guidance; inflation expectations; empirical macroeconomics;
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E65 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Studies of Particular Policy Episodes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2018-01-08 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2018-01-08 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2018-01-08 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2018-01-08 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bge:wpaper:1010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruno Guallar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bargses.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.