Commodity Price Fluctuations, Core Inflation and Policy Interest Rates
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- José de Gregorio, 2012. "Commodity Prices, Monetary Policy and Inflation," Working Papers wp359, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- José De Gregorio, 2012. "Commodity Prices, Monetary Policy, and Inflation†," IMF Economic Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 60(4), pages 600-633, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Yinxi Xie, 2018. "The Wedge of the Century: Understanding a Divergence between CPI and PPI Inflation Measures," NBER Working Papers 24319, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erten Bilge & Tuzcuoglu Kerem, 2018. "Output Effects of Global Food Commodity Shocks," Journal of Globalization and Development, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-18, June.
- John Baffes & M. Ayhan Kose & Franziska Ohnsorge & Marc Stocker, 2015.
"The great plunge in oil prices: causes, consequences, and policy responses,"
CAMA Working Papers
2015-23, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- John Baffes & M. Ayhan Kose & Franziska Ohnsorge & Marc Stocker, 2015. "The Great Plunge in Oil Prices: Causes, Consequences, and Policy Responses," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1504, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- John Baffes & M. Ayhan Kose & Franziska Ohnsorge & Marc Stocker, 2015. "The Great Plunge in Oil Prices: Causes, Consequences, and Policy Responses," Policy Research Notes (PRNs) 94725, The World Bank.
- Atsushi Sekine & Takayuki Tsuruga, 2018.
"Effects of commodity price shocks on inflation: a cross-country analysis,"
Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(4), pages 1108-1135.
- Atsushi Sekine & Takayuki Tsuruga, 2014. "Effects of Commodity Price Shocks on Inflation: A Cross Country Analysis," Discussion papers e-13-006, Graduate School of Economics Project Center, Kyoto University.
- SEKINE Atsushi & TSURUGA Takayuki, 2016. "Effects of Commodity Price Shocks on Inflation: A Cross-Country Analysis," ESRI Discussion paper series 331, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Atsushi Sekine & Takayuki Tsuruga, 2017. "Effects of commodity price shocks on inflation: A cross-country analysis," CAMA Working Papers 2017-45, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Atsushi Sekine & Takayuki Tsuruga, 2014. "Effects of Commodity Price Shocks on Inflation:A Cross-Country Analysis," UTokyo Price Project Working Paper Series 038, University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Economics.
- Feldkircher, Martin & Siklos, Pierre L., 2019.
"Global inflation dynamics and inflation expectations,"
International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 217-241.
- Martin Feldkircher & Pierre L. Siklos, 2018. "Global inflation dynamics and inflation expectations," CAMA Working Papers 2018-60, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Drechsel, Thomas & McLeay, Michael & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2019. "Monetary policy for commodity booms and busts," CEPR Discussion Papers 14030, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mariana Papatulicǎ & Petre Prisecaru, 2016. "Will Low Crude Oil Prices Cause a Global Recession?," Global Economic Observer, "Nicolae Titulescu" University of Bucharest, Faculty of Economic Sciences;Institute for World Economy of the Romanian Academy, vol. 4(1), pages 107-116, May.
- Marcel Förster & Peter Tillmann, 2014. "Reconsidering the International Comovement of Inflation," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 25(5), pages 841-863, November.
- Wei, Shang-Jin & Xie, Yinxi, 2020.
"Monetary policy in an era of global supply chains,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 124(C).
- Marcos Stockl & Ricardo Ramalhete Moreira & Ana Carolina Giuberti, 2017. "O impacto das commodities sobre a dinâmica da inflação no Brasil e o papel amortecedor do câmbio: evidências para o CRB Índex e Índice de Commodities Brasil [The impact of commodities on Brazilian inf," Nova Economia, Economics Department, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (Brazil), vol. 27(1), pages 173-207, January-A.
- Luis A V Catão, 2014. "Comments on Andrew Filardo and Marco Lombardi's paper," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Globalisation, inflation and monetary policy in Asia and the Pacific, volume 77, pages 155-158, Bank for International Settlements.
- Jahantigh , Forough & Rahmi Ghasemabadi , Mohammad & Jalali , Omolbanin, 2018. "The Impact of Monetary Policy Shock on the Price of Storable Goods: A Case Study of Food," Journal of Money and Economy, Monetary and Banking Research Institute, Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran, vol. 13(4), pages 471-490, October.
- Christian Dreger & Malte Rieth & David Pothier, 2015. "Is Globalization Reducing the Ability of Central Banks to Control Inflation? In-Depth Analysis," DIW Berlin: Politikberatung kompakt, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, volume 106, number pbk106.
- Grigoli, Francesco & Herman, Alexander & Swiston, Andrew, 2019. "A crude shock: Explaining the short-run impact of the 2014–16 oil price decline across exporters," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 481-493.
- Bentour, El Mostafa, 2015. "On the removal of energy products subsidies in an importing oil country: impacts on prices in Morocco," MPRA Paper 63635, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsCommodity prices; Oil price shocks; Second round effects; Inflation;
All these keywords.
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- E37 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdr:borrec:967. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Clorith Angélica Bahos Olivera). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/brcgvco.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.