Analyzing Default Risk and Liquidity Demand during a Financial Crisis: The Case of Canada
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gara Afonso & Anna Kovner & Antoinette Schoar, 2011.
"Stressed, Not Frozen: The Federal Funds Market in the Financial Crisis,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 66(4), pages 1109-1139, August.
- Gara M. Afonso & Anna Kovner & Antoinette Schoar, 2010. "Stressed, not frozen: the Federal Funds market in the financial crisis," Staff Reports 437, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Nuno Cassola & Ali Hortaçsu & Jakub Kastl, 2013.
"The 2007 Subprime Market Crisis Through the Lens of European Central Bank Auctions for Short‐Term Funds,"
Econometric Society, vol. 81(4), pages 1309-1345, July.
- Nuno Cassola & Ali Hortacsu & Jakub Kastl, 2009. "The 2007 Subprime Market Crisis Through the Lens of European Central Bank Auctions for Short-Term Funds," Discussion Papers 08-039, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Cassola, Nuno & Hortacsu, Ali & Kastl, Jakub, 2011. "The 2007 subprime market crisis through the lens of European Central Bank auctions for short-term funds," Working Paper Series 1374, European Central Bank.
- Nuno Cassola & Ali Hortacsu & Jakub Kastl, 2009. "The 2007 Subprime Market Crisis Through the Lens of European Central Bank Auctions for Short-Term Funds," NBER Working Papers 15158, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paolo Angelini & Andrea Nobili & Cristina Picillo, 2011.
"The Interbank Market after August 2007: What Has Changed, and Why?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 43(5), pages 923-958, August.
- Paolo Angelini & Andrea Nobili & Maria Cristina Picillo, 2009. "The interbank market after August 2007: what has changed, and why?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 731, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Ali Hortacsu & Jakub Kastl, 2010. "Informational Advantage and Information Structure: An Analysis of Canadian Treasury Auctions," Discussion Papers 09-031, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Johannes C. Stroebel & John B. Taylor, 2009. "Estimated Impact of the Fed's Mortgage-Backed Securities Purchase Program," NBER Working Papers 15626, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John B. Taylor & John C. Williams, 2009.
"A black swan in the money market,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Jan.
- Stéphane Lavoie & Alex Sebastian & Virginie Traclet, 2011. "Lessons from the Use of Extraordinary Central Bank Liquidity Facilities," Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 2011(Spring), pages 27-36.
- Acharya, Viral V. & Schnabl, Philipp & Suarez, Gustavo, 2013.
"Securitization without risk transfer,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 107(3), pages 515-536.
- Viral V. Acharya & Philipp Schnabl & Gustavo Suarez, 2010. "Securitization without risk transfer," NBER Working Papers 15730, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acharya, Viral V & Schnabl, Philipp & Suarez, Gustavo, 2012. "Securitization Without Risk Transfer," CEPR Discussion Papers 8769, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Arora, Navneet & Gandhi, Priyank & Longstaff, Francis A., 2012. "Counterparty credit risk and the credit default swap market," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 280-293.
- Gara Afonso & Anna Kovner & Antoinette Schoar, 2010. "Stressed not Frozen: The Fed Funds Market in the Financial Crisis," NBER Working Papers 15806, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Chapman & Jonathan Chiu & Miguel Molico, 2013. "A Model of Tiered Settlement Networks," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(2-3), pages 327-347, March.
- Viral V. Acharya & Ouarda Merrouche, 2013.
"Precautionary Hoarding of Liquidity and Interbank Markets: Evidence from the Subprime Crisis,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 17(1), pages 107-160.
- Viral V. Acharya & Ouarda Merrouche, 2010. "Precautionary Hoarding of Liquidity and Inter-Bank Markets: Evidence from the Sub-prime Crisis," NBER Working Papers 16395, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acharya, Viral V & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2012. "Precautionary hoarding of liquidity and inter-bank markets: Evidence from the sub-prime crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 8859, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eisenschmidt, Jens & Hirsch, Astrid & Linzert, Tobias, 2009. "Bidding behaviour in the ECB's main refinancing operations during the financial crisis," Working Paper Series 1052, European Central Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Miguel Sarmiento & Jorge Cely & Carlos León, 2015. "Monitoring the Unsecured Interbank Funds Market," Borradores de Economia 917, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Xavier Vives, 2014.
"On The Possibility Of Informationally Efficient Markets,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 12(5), pages 1200-1239, October.
- Vives, Xavier, 2014. "On the Possibility of Informationally Efficient Markets," IESE Research Papers D/1104, IESE Business School.
- Héctor Pérez Saiz & Gabriel Xerri, 2016. "Credit Risk and Collateral Demand in a Retail Payment System," Discussion Papers 16-16, Bank of Canada.
- Anna Kovner & David R. Skeie, 2013. "Evaluating the quality of fed funds lending estimates produced from Fedwire payments data," Staff Reports 629, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Olivier Armantier & Adam Copeland, 2012. "Assessing the quality of “Furfine-based” algorithms," Staff Reports 575, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Céline Gauthier & Moez Souissi & Xuezhi Liu, 2014. "Introducing Funding Liquidity Risk in a Macro Stress-Testing Framework," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 10(4), pages 105-142, December.
- Mark Rempel, 2016.
"Improving Overnight Loan Identification in Payments Systems,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 48(2-3), pages 549-564, March.
- Mark Rempel, 2014. "Improving Overnight Loan Identification in Payments Systems," Staff Working Papers 14-25, Bank of Canada.
- Sarmiento, Miguel & Cely, Jorge & León, Carlos, 2017. "An early warning indicator system to monitor the unsecured interbank funds market," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 114-128.
- Georges Dionne & Olfa Maalaoui Chun, 2013.
"Default and liquidity regimes in the bond market during the 2002-2012 period,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1160-1195, November.
- Georges Dionne & Olfa Maalaoui Chun, 2013. "Default and Liquidity Regimes in the Bond Market during the 2002-2012 Period," Cahiers de recherche 1322, CIRPEE.
- Fuchun Li & Héctor Pérez Saiz, 2016. "Measuring Systemic Risk Across Financial Market Infrastructures," Staff Working Papers 16-10, Bank of Canada.
- James Chapman & H. Evren Damar, 2015. "Shock Transmission Through International Banks: Canada," Technical Reports 105, Bank of Canada.
- Armantier, Olivier & Copeland, Adam, 2015. "Challenges in identifying interbank loans," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue 21-1, pages 1-17.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial Institutions; Financial markets; Payment; clearing; and settlement systems;
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2011-10-15 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2011-10-15 (Central Banking)
- NEP-RMG-2011-10-15 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bca:bocawp:11-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.bank-banque-canada.ca/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.