Credit Risk and Collateral Demand in a Retail Payment System
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sidanius, Che & Zikes, Filip, 2012. "Financial Stability Paper No 18: OTC derivatives reform and collateral demand impact," Bank of England Financial Stability Papers 18, Bank of England.
- James Chapman & Lana Embree & Tom Roberts & Nellie Zhang, 2011. "Payment Networks: A Review of Recent Research," Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 2010(Winter), pages 21-27.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Lasse Heje Pedersen, 2009.
"Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(6), pages 2201-2238, June.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Lasse Heje Pedersen, 2007. "Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity," NBER Working Papers 12939, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lasse Heje Pederson & Markus K Brunnermeier, 2007. "Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity," FMG Discussion Papers dp580, Financial Markets Group.
- Brunnermeier, Markus K & Pedersen, Lasse Heje, 2007. "Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity," CEPR Discussion Papers 6179, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Brunnermeier, Markus K. & Pedersen, Lasse Heje, 2007. "Market liquidity and funding liquidity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24478, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- James Chapman & Jonathan Chiu & Sajjad Jafri & Héctor Pérez Saiz, 2015. "Public Policy Objectives and the Next Generation of CPA Systems: An Analytical Framework," Discussion Papers 15-6, Bank of Canada.
- Jason Allen & Ali Hortaçsu & Jakub Kastl, 2011. "Analyzing Default Risk and Liquidity Demand during a Financial Crisis: The Case of Canada," Staff Working Papers 11-17, Bank of Canada.
- Kim McPhail & Anastasia Vakos, 2003. "Excess Collateral in the LVTS: How Much is Too Much?," Staff Working Papers 03-36, Bank of Canada.
- Bech, Morten L. & Chapman, James T.E. & Garratt, Rodney J., 2010. "Which bank is the "central" bank?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 352-363, April.
- Radoslav Raykov, 2014. "Optimal Margining and Margin Relief in Centrally Cleared Derivatives Markets," Staff Working Papers 14-29, Bank of Canada.
- Daniel Heller & Nicholas Vause, 2012. "Collateral requirements for mandatory central clearing of over-the-counter derivatives," BIS Working Papers 373, Bank for International Settlements.
- Berger, Allen N & Hancock, Diana & Marquardt, Jeffrey C, 1996.
"A Framework for Analyzing Efficiency, Risks, Costs, and Innovations in the Payments System,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 696-732, November.
- Allen N. Berger & Diana Hancock & Jeffrey C. Marquardt, 1996. "A framework for analyzing efficiency, risks, costs and innovations in the payments system," Proceedings, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), pages 696-732.
- Duffie, Darrell & Scheicher, Martin & Vuillemey, Guillaume, 2015.
"Central clearing and collateral demand,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 237-256.
- Darrell Duffie & Martin Scheicher & Guillaume Vuillemey, 2014. "Central Clearing and Collateral Demand," NBER Working Papers 19890, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Darrell Duffie & Martin Schneicher & Guillaume Vuillemey, 2014. "Central Clearing and Collateral Demand," Economics Working Papers 14104, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Scheicher, Martin & Vuillemey, Guillaume & Duffie, Darrell, 2014. "Central clearing and collateral demand," Working Paper Series 1638, European Central Bank.
- Carlos Arango & Kim Huynh & Ben Fung & Gerald Stuber, 2012. "The Changing Landscape for Retail Payments in Canada and the Implications for the Demand for Cash," Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 2012(Autumn), pages 31-40.
- Manmohan Singh, 2011. "Velocity of Pledged Collateral; Analysis and Implications," IMF Working Papers 2011/256, International Monetary Fund.
- Lana Embree & Tom Roberts, 2009. "Network Analysis and Canada's Large Value Transfer System," Discussion Papers 09-13, Bank of Canada.
- Jeannette Capel & Anouk Levels, 2014. "Collateral optimisation, re-use and transformation," DNB Occasional Studies 1205, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Héctor Pérez Saiz & Siddharth Untawala & Gabriel Xerri, 2018. "A Calibrated Model of Intraday Settlement," Discussion Papers 18-3, Bank of Canada.
- Héctor Pérez Saiz & Blair Williams & Gabriel Xerri, 2018. "Tail Risk in a Retail Payment System: An Extreme-Value Approach," Discussion Papers 18-2, Bank of Canada.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Li, Fuchun & Perez-Saiz, Hector, 2018. "Measuring systemic risk across financial market infrastructures," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 1-11.
- Fuchun Li & Héctor Pérez Saiz, 2016. "Measuring Systemic Risk Across Financial Market Infrastructures," Staff Working Papers 16-10, Bank of Canada.
- Massimiliano Affinito & Matteo Piazza, 2018. "Always look on the bright side? Central counterparties and interbank markets during the financial crisis," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1181, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Ronald W.Anderson & Karin Jõeveer, 2014. "The Economics of Collateral," FMG Discussion Papers dp732, Financial Markets Group.
- Berlinger, Edina & Dömötör, Barbara & Illés, Ferenc, 2019.
"Anti-cyclical versus risk-sensitive margin strategies in central clearing,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 117-131.
- Berlinger, Edina & Dömötör, Barbara & Illés, Ferenc, 2017. "Anti-cyclical versus Risk-sensitive Margin Strategies in Central Clearing," Corvinus Economics Working Papers (CEWP) 2017/03, Corvinus University of Budapest.
- Ghamami, Samim & Glasserman, Paul, 2017. "Does OTC derivatives reform incentivize central clearing?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 76-87.
- Czech, Robert, 2019. "Credit default swaps and corporate bond trading," Bank of England working papers 810, Bank of England.
- Corradin, Stefano & Heider, Florian & Hoerova, Marie, 2017. "On collateral: implications for financial stability and monetary policy," Working Paper Series 2107, European Central Bank.
- Dietrich Domanski & Leonardo Gambacorta & Cristina Picillo, 2015. "Central clearing: trends and current issues," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Heath, Alexandra & Kelly, Gerard & Manning, Mark & Markose, Sheri & Shaghaghi, Ali Rais, 2016. "CCPs and network stability in OTC derivatives markets," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 217-233.
- Andrea Aguiar & Dror Y. Kenett & Richard Bookstaber & Thomas Wipf, 2016. "A Map of Collateral Uses and Flows," Working Papers 16-06, Office of Financial Research, US Department of the Treasury.
- Ron Berndsen & Ronald Heijmans, 2017. "Risk indicators for financial market infrastructure: from high frequency transaction data to a traffic light signal," DNB Working Papers 557, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Augustin, Patrick & Subrahmanyam, Marti G. & Tang, Dragon Yongjun & Wang, Sarah Qian, 2014. "Credit Default Swaps: A Survey," Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 9(1-2), pages 1-196, December.
- Duc Thi Luu & Mauro Napoletano & Paolo Barucca & Stefano Battiston, 2018.
"Collateral Unchained: Rehypothecation Networks, Concentration and Systemic Effects,"
GREDEG Working Papers
2018-05, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), Université Côte d'Azur, France.
- Duc Thi Luu & Mauro Napoletano & Paolo Barucca & Stefano Battiston, 2018. "Collateral Unchained: Rehypothecation networks, concentration and systemic effects," Papers 1802.02127, arXiv.org.
- Duc Thi Luu & Mauro Napoletano & Paolo Barucca & Stafano Battiston, 2018. "Collateral Unchained : Rehypothecation networks, concentration and systemic effects," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2018-07, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Duc Thi Luu & Mauro Napoletano & Paolo Barucca & Stefano Battiston, 2018. "Collateral Unchained : Rehypothecation networkd, concentration and systemic effects," Sciences Po publications 2018-07, Sciences Po.
- Duc Thi Luu & Mauro Napoletano & Paolo Barucca & Stefano Battiston, 2018. "Collateral Unchained: Rehypothecation networks, concentration and systemic effects," LEM Papers Series 2018/05, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Damiano Brigo & Andrea Pallavicini, 2014. "CCP Cleared or Bilateral CSA Trades with Initial/Variation Margins under credit, funding and wrong-way risks: A Unified Valuation Approach," Papers 1401.3994, arXiv.org.
- Samim Ghamami & Paul Glasserman, 2019. "Submodular Risk Allocation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 65(10), pages 4656-4675, October.
- Anne-Marie Rieu-Foucault, 2017. "Point sur la fourniture de liquidiÃ© publique," EconomiX Working Papers 2017-27, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Ghamami, Samim & Glasserman, Paul & Young, Hobart, 2020. "Collateralized networks," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 107496, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Edina Berlinger & Barbara Dömötör & Ferenc Illés & Kata Váradi, 2016. "Stress Indicator for Clearing Houses," Central European Business Review, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2016(4), pages 47-60.
- Vuillemey, G., 2015. "The opportunity cost of collateral pledged: derivatives market reform and bank lending," Financial Stability Review, Banque de France, issue 19, pages 119-125, April.
More about this item
KeywordsEconometric and statistical methods; Financial stability; Payment clearing and settlement systems;
All these keywords.
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2016-08-07 (Banking)
- NEP-CMP-2016-08-07 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2016-08-07 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-PAY-2016-08-07 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
- NEP-RMG-2016-08-07 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bca:bocadp:16-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bocgvca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.