A Framework for Analyzing Efficiency, Risks, Costs, and Innovations in the Payments System
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Allen N. Berger & Diana Hancock & Jeffrey C. Marquardt, 1996. "A framework for analyzing efficiency, risks, costs and innovations in the payments system," Proceedings, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), pages 696-732.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- R. Alton Gilbert, 1998. "Did the Fed's founding improve the efficiency of the U.S. payments system?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 121-142.
- De Bandt, Olivier & Hartmann, Philipp, 2000. "Systemic risk: A survey," Working Paper Series 0035, European Central Bank.
- William R. Emmons, 1997. "Recent developments in wholesale payments systems," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 23-43.
- Iftekhar Hasan & Heiko Schmiedel & Liang Song, 2012. "Returns to Retail Banking and Payments," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 163-195, June.
- Edgardo Barandiarán, 2000. "Chile Después del Peso: Viviendo con el Dólar," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 37(110), pages 241-267.
- Adams, Robert M & Bauer, Paul W & Sickles, Robin C, 2004.
"Scale Economies, Scope Economies, and Technical Change in Federal Reserve Payment Processing,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(5), pages 943-958, October.
- Robert M. Adams & Paul W. Bauer & Robin C. Sickles, 2002. "Scale economies, scope economies, and technical change in Federal Reserve payment processing," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-57, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lester Benjamin, 2009. "Settlement Systems," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-35, May.
- Pu Shen, 1997. "Settlement risk in large-value payments systems," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 45-62.
- Docherty, Peter & Wang, Gehong, 2010.
"Using synthetic data to evaluate the impact of RTGS on systemic risk in the Australian payments system,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 103-117, June.
- Peter Docherty & G Wang, 2006. "Using Synthetic Data to Measure the Impact of RTGS on Systemic Risk in the Australian Payments System," Working Paper Series 149, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Holthausen, Cornelia & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 2006.
"Efficient Pricing of Large Value Interbank Payment Systems,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(7), pages 1797-1818, October.
- Holthausen, Cornelia & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 2002. "Efficient pricing of large value interbank payment systems," Working Paper Series 0184, European Central Bank.
- Holthausen, Cornelia & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 2003. "Efficient Pricing of Large Value Interbank Payment Systems," CEPR Discussion Papers 3943, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Holthausen, Cornelia & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 2003. "Efficient Pricing of Large Value Interbank Payment Systems," IDEI Working Papers 185, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Xavier Freixas & Anthony M. Santomero, 2002. "An overall perspective on banking regulation," Working Papers 02-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Berger, Allen N, 2003.
" The Economic Effects of Technological Progress: Evidence from the Banking Industry,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(2), pages 141-176, April.
- Allen N. Berger, 2002. "The economic effects of technological progress: evidence from the banking industry," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-50, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Estrella, Arturo, 2001. "Mixing and matching: Prospective financial sector mergers and market valuation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 2367-2392, December.
- Tara Rice, 2003. "The importance of payments-driven revenues to franchise value and in estimating bank performance," Emerging Issues, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Callado-Muñoz, Francisco José, 2009. "Risk control measures in payment systems," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Benjamin Lester, 2006. "A Model of Interbank Settlement," 2006 Meeting Papers 282, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Berger, Allen N. & Demsetz, Rebecca S. & Strahan, Philip E., 1999.
"The consolidation of the financial services industry: Causes, consequences, and implications for the future,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 135-194, February.
- Allen N. Berger & Rebecca Demsetz & Philip E. Strahan, 1998. "The consolidation of the financial services industry: causes, consequences, and implications for the future," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-46, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lawrence J. Radecki, 1999. "Banks' payments-driven revenues," Staff Reports 62, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Tore Nilssen, 2011. "Risk externalities in a payments oligopoly," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 10(3), pages 211-234, December.
- Angelini, Paolo, 1998. "An analysis of competitive externalities in gross settlement systems," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Héctor Pérez Saiz & Gabriel Xerri, 2016. "Credit Risk and Collateral Demand in a Retail Payment System," Discussion Papers 16-16, Bank of Canada.
- Massoud, Nadia, 2005. "How should Central Banks determine and control their bank note inventory?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 3099-3119, December.
- Koeppl, Thorsten & Monnet, Cyril & Temzelides, Ted, 2012.
"Optimal clearing arrangements for financial trades,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 189-203.
- Thorsten Koeppl & Cyril Monnet & Ted Temzelides, 2009. "Optimal Clearing Arrangements for Financial Trades," Working Papers 1222, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcb:jmoncb:v:28:y:1996:i:4:p:696-732. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.