More than the Human Appendix: Fed Capital and Central Bank Financial Independence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ricardo Reis, 2017.
"QE in the Future: The Central Bank’s Balance Sheet in a Fiscal Crisis,"
IMF Economic Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 65(1), pages 71-112, April.
- Reis, Ricardo, 2016. "QE in the future: the central bank's balancesheet in a fiscal crisis," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67210, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ricardo Reis, 2016. "QE in the future: the central bank’s balance sheet in a fiscal crisis," NBER Working Papers 22415, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reis, Ricardo, 2016. "QE in the future: the central bank's balance sheet in a fiscal crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 11381, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Reis, Ricardo, 2017. "QE in the future: the central bank’s balance sheet in a fiscal crisis," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 74329, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Benigno, Pierpaolo, 2016. "Designing Central Banks for Inflation Stability," CEPR Discussion Papers 11402, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dieter Gerdesmeier & Francesco Paolo Mongelli & Barbara Roffia, 2007.
"The Eurosystem, the U.S. Federal Reserve, and the Bank of Japan: Similarities and Differences,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 39(7), pages 1785-1819, October.
- Gerdesmeier, Dieter & Mongelli, Francesco Paolo & Roffia, Barbara, 2007. "The Eurosystem, the US Federal Reserve and the Bank of Japan: similarities and differences," Working Paper Series 742, European Central Bank.
- Masciandaro, Donato & Romelli, Davide, 2015.
"Ups and downs of central bank independence from the Great Inflation to the Great Recession: theory, institutions and empirics,"
Financial History Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(03), pages 259-289, December.
- Donato Masciandaro & Davide Romelli, 2015. "Ups and Downs. Central Bank Independence from the Great Inflation to the Great Recession: Theory, Institutions and Empirics," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1503, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Aleksandra A. Maslowska, 2011. "Quest for the Best: How to Measure Central Bank Independence and Show its Relationship with Inflation," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 5(2), pages 132-161, August.
- Peter Stella, 2009. "The Federal Reserve System Balance Sheet; What Happened and Why it Matters," IMF Working Papers 09/120, International Monetary Fund.
- Seth Carpenter & Jane Ihrig & Elizabeth Klee & Daniel Quinn & Alexander Boote, 2015.
"The Federal Reserve's Balance Sheet and Earnings: A Primer and Projections,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 11(2), pages 237-283, March.
- Seth B. Carpenter & Jane E. Ihrig & Elizabeth C. Klee & Daniel W. Quinn & Alexander H. Boote, 2013. "The Federal Reserve's balance sheet and earnings: a primer and projections," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2013-01, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Ricardo Reis, 2016. "QE in the future: the central bank's balance sheet in a financial crisis," Discussion Papers 1620, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- Studener, Werner & Merriman, Niall & Karakitsos, Polychronis & Bunea, Daniela, 2016. "Profit distribution and loss coverage rules for central banks," Occasional Paper Series 169, European Central Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsFederal Reserve System; Central Bank Independence; Central Bank Capital; Global Crisis;
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2017-01-08 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2017-01-08 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2017-01-08 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:baf:cbafwp:cbafwp1635. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Erika Somma). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cbbocit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.