Out of sight, not out of mind: developments in economic models of groundwater management
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Koundouri, Phoebe & Roseta-Palma, Catarina & Englezos, Nikolaos, 2017. "Out of Sight, Not Out of Mind: Developments in Economic Models of Groundwater Management," International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics, now publishers, vol. 11(1), pages 55-96, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brozovic, Nicholas & Schlenker, Wolfram, 2011. "Optimal management of an ecosystem with an unknown threshold," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(4), pages 627-640, February.
- Roy Brouwer & Julia Martin-Ortega & RJulio Berbel, 2010. "Spatial Preference Heterogeneity: A Choice Experiment," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(3).
- Brozovic, Nicholas & Islam, Shahnila, 2010. "Estimating the Value of Groundwater in Irrigation," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61337, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Arrow, K. & Cropper, M. & Gollier, C. & Groom, B. & Heal, G. & Newell, R. & Nordhaus, W. & Pindyck, R. & Pizer, W. & Portney, P. & Sterner, T. & Tol, R. S. J. & Weitzman, Martin L., 2013. "Determining Benefits and Costs for Future Generations," Scholarly Articles 12841963, Harvard University Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Encarna Esteban & Elena Calvo & Jose Albiac, 2021. "Ecosystem Shifts: Implications for Groundwater Management," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 79(3), pages 483-510, July.
- Eric C. Edwards & Todd Guilfoos, 2021. "The Economics of Groundwater Governance Institutions across the Globe," Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 43(4), pages 1571-1594, December.
- Pereau, Jean-Christophe & Pryet, Alexandre & Rambonilaza, Tina, 2019.
"Optimality Versus Viability in Groundwater Management with Environmental Flows,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 109-120.
- Jean-Christophe Pereau & Alexandre Pryet & T. Rambonilaza, 2019. "Optimality Versus Viability in Groundwater Management with Environmental Flows," Post-Print hal-02485123, HAL.
- Ayres, Andrew B. & Edwards, Eric C. & Libecap, Gary D., 2018. "How transaction costs obstruct collective action: The case of California's groundwater," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 46-65.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Ebun Akinsete & Nikolaos Englezos & Xanthi Kartala & Ioannis Souliotis & Josef Adler, 2017. "Economic instruments, behaviour and incentives in groundwater management," DEOS Working Papers 1711, Athens University of Economics and Business.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- van den Bergh, J.C.J.M. & Botzen, W.J.W., 2015. "Monetary valuation of the social cost of CO2 emissions: A critical survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 33-46.
- Stern, Nicholas, 2018. "Public economics as if time matters: Climate change and the dynamics of policy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 4-17.
- Gluzberg, Victor E. & Katz, Yuri A., 2019. "Planetary boundaries of consumption growth: Declining social discount rates," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 521(C), pages 362-374.
- Chaikaew, Pasicha & Hodges, Alan W. & Grunwald, Sabine, 2017. "Estimating the value of ecosystem services in a mixed-use watershed: A choice experiment approach," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 228-237.
- Freeman, Mark C. & Wagner, Gernot & Zeckhauser, Richard J., 2015.
"Climate Sensitivity Uncertainty: When Is Good News Bad?,"
Working Paper Series
rwp15-002, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Mark C. Freeman & Gernot Wagner & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 2015. "Climate Sensitivity Uncertainty: When is Good News Bad?," NBER Working Papers 20900, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tas Thamo & David J. Pannell & Marit E. Kragt & Michael J. Robertson & Maksym Polyakov, 2017. "Dynamics and the economics of carbon sequestration: common oversights and their implications," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 22(7), pages 1095-1111, October.
- Maria Arvaniti & Chandra K. Krishnamurthy & Anne-Sophie Crépin, 2019. "Time-consistent resource management with regime shifts," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 19/329, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Ladenburg, Jacob, 2014. "Dynamic properties of the preferences for renewable energy sources – A wind power experience-based approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 542-551.
- Frederick Ploeg & Armon Rezai, 2019.
"Simple Rules for Climate Policy and Integrated Assessment,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 72(1), pages 77-108, January.
- van der Ploeg, Frederick & Rezai, Armon, 2018. "Simple rules for climate policy and integrated assessment," Ecological Economic Papers 19, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Rick van der Ploeg & Armon Rezai, 2018. "Simple Rules for Climate Policy and Integrated Assessment," CESifo Working Paper Series 7207, CESifo.
- Rick Van der Ploeg & Armon Rezai, 2018. "Simple Rules For Climate Policy And Integrated Assessment," OxCarre Working Papers 213, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- de Zeeuw, Aart & Zemel, Amos, 2012.
"Regime shifts and uncertainty in pollution control,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 939-950.
- Aart de Zeeuw & Amos Zemel, 2012. "Regime Shifts and Uncertainty in Pollution Control," CESifo Working Paper Series 3697, CESifo.
- Gollier, Christian, 2016.
"Gamma discounters are short-termist,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 83-90.
- Gollier, Christian, 2014. "Gamma discounters are short-termist," TSE Working Papers 14-499, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Oct 2014.
- Gollier, Christian, 2014. "Gamma discounters are short-termist," IDEI Working Papers 828, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Oct 2014.
- Zhenshan Chen & Stephen K. Swallow & Ian T. Yue, 2020. "Non-participation and Heterogeneity in Stated: A Double Hurdle Latent Class Approach for Climate Change Adaptation Plans and Ecosystem Services," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 77(1), pages 35-67, September.
- Hänsel, Martin C. & Quaas, Martin F., 2018.
"Intertemporal Distribution, Sufficiency, and the Social Cost of Carbon,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 520-535.
- Hänsel, Martin C. & Quaas, Martin F., 2018. "Intertemporal Distribution, Suffciency, and the Social Cost of Carbon," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 233103, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Jérémy Laurent-Lucchetti & Justin Leroux & Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, 2011. "Splitting an Uncertain (Natural) Capital," Cahiers de recherche 11-01, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- Weyant John, 2014. "Integrated assessment of climate change: state of the literature," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, De Gruyter, vol. 5(3), pages 377-409, December.
- Lemoine, Derek M. & Traeger, Christian P., 2010.
"Tipping Points and Ambiguity in the Economics of Climate Change,"
CUDARE Working Papers
98127, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Derek M. Lemoine & Christian P. Traeger, 2012. "Tipping Points and Ambiguity in the Economics of Climate Change," NBER Working Papers 18230, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lemoine, Derek M. & Traeger, Christian P., 2011. "Tipping points and ambiguity in the economics of climate change," CUDARE Working Papers 120349, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Lemoine, Derek M. & Traeger, Christian P., 2011. "Tipping points and ambiguity in the economics of climate change," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt9nd591ww, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Meyerhoff, Jürgen & Glenk, Klaus, 2015. "Learning how to choose—effects of instructional choice sets in discrete choice experiments," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 122-142.
- Luo, Lanlan & Zou, Ziran & Chen, Shou, 2021. "Discounting for public-private partnership projects in China," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 218-226.
- García, Jorge H. & Torvanger, Asbjørn, 2019. "Carbon leakage from geological storage sites: Implications for carbon trading," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 320-329.
- Thomas G Poder & Jérôme Dupras & Franck Fetue Ndefo & Jie He, 2016. "The Economic Value of the Greater Montreal Blue Network (Quebec, Canada): A Contingent Choice Study Using Real Projects to Estimate Non-Market Aquatic Ecosystem Services Benefits," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(8), pages 1-16, August.
More about this item
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- Q51 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Valuation of Environmental Effects
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2017-08-27 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aue:wpaper:1704. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/diauegr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Ekaterini Glynou (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/diauegr.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.