Estimating coastal and marine habitat values by combining multi-criteria methods with choice experiments
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Benjamin Scheibehenne & Rainer Greifeneder & Peter M. Todd, 2010. "Can There Ever Be Too Many Options? A Meta-Analytic Review of Choice Overload," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 409-425, October.
- Moran, Dominic & McVittie, Alistair & Allcroft, David J. & Elston, David A., 2007. "Quantifying public preferences for agri-environmental policy in Scotland: A comparison of methods," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 42-53, June.
- Blackwell, Boyd, 2007. "The Value of a Recreational Beach Visit: An Application to Mooloolaba Beach and Comparisons with other Outdoor Recreation Sites," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 77-98, March.
- Pascoe, Sean & Proctor, Wendy & Wilcox, Chris & Innes, James & Rochester, Wayne & Dowling, Natalie, 2009. "Stakeholder objective preferences in Australian Commonwealth managed fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 750-758, September.
- Rolfe, John & Gregg, Daniel, 2012. "Valuing Beach Recreation Across a Regional Area: The Great Barrier Reef in Australia," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Fremantle, Australia 124433, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Nick Hanley & Robert Wright & Vic Adamowicz, 1998. "Using Choice Experiments to Value the Environment," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 11(3), pages 413-428, April.
- Christie, Michael & Remoundou, Kyriaki & Siwicka, Ewa & Wainwright, Warwick, 2015. "Valuing marine and coastal ecosystem service benefits: Case study of St Vincent and the Grenadinesâ€™ proposed marine protected areas," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 11(C), pages 115-127.
- Burton, Michael & Jennings, Sarah & Fragnol, Ludovic & Marre, Jean-Baptiste & Paredes, Samantha & Pascoe, Sean & Rogers, Abbie & Yamazaki, Satoshi, 2016. "Measuring public values for marine reserve networks and the effect of how information is delivered," 2016 Conference (60th), February 2-5, 2016, Canberra, Australia 235814, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Bateman, Ian J. & Day, Brett H. & Georgiou, Stavros & Lake, Iain, 2006. "The aggregation of environmental benefit values: Welfare measures, distance decay and total WTP," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 450-460, December.
- Park, Jeong-Yeol & Jang, SooCheong (Shawn), 2013. "Confused by too many choices? Choice overload in tourism," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 1-12.
- Pascoe, Sean & Doshi, Amar & Dell, Quentin & Tonks, Mark & Kenyon, Rob, 2014. "Economic value of recreational fishing in Moreton Bay and the potential impact of the marine park rezoning," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 53-63.
- Thomas L. Saaty, 1986. "Axiomatic Foundation of the Analytic Hierarchy Process," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(7), pages 841-855, July.
- Prayaga, Prabha & Rolfe, John & Stoeckl, Natalie, 2010. "The value of recreational fishing in the Great Barrier Reef, Australia: A pooled revealed preference and contingent behaviour model," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 244-251, March.
- Börger, Tobias & Beaumont, Nicola J. & Pendleton, Linwood & Boyle, Kevin J. & Cooper, Philip & Fletcher, Stephen & Haab, Tim & Hanemann, Michael & Hooper, Tara L. & Hussain, S. Salman & Portela, Rosim, 2014. "Incorporating ecosystem services in marine planning: The role of valuation," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 161-170.
- Edward B. Barbier, 2007. "Valuing ecosystem services as productive inputs," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 22, pages 177-229, January.
- CastaÃ±o-Isaza, Juliana & Newball, Rixcie & Roach, Brian & Lau, Winnie W.Y., 2015. "Valuing beaches to develop payment for ecosystem services schemes in Colombiaâ€™s Seaflower marine protected area," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 11(C), pages 22-31.
- Weitzman Martin L., 1994.
"On the Environmental Discount Rate,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 200-209, March.
- Weitzman, M.L., 1993. "On the 'Environmental' Discount Rate," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1625, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Milon, J. Walter & Scrogin, David, 2006. "Latent preferences and valuation of wetland ecosystem restoration," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 162-175, February.
- J.K. Horowitz, 2002. "Preferences in the Future," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 21(3), pages 241-258, March.
- Pascoe, Sean, 2019. "Recreational beach use values with multiple activities," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 160(C), pages 137-144.
- Prayaga, Prabha, 2017. "Estimating the value of beach recreation for locals in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, Australia," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 9-18.
- Soma, Katrine, 2003. "How to involve stakeholders in fisheries management--a country case study in Trinidad and Tobago," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 47-58, January.
- Kenneth J. Arrow & Maureen L. Cropper & Christian Gollier & Ben Groom & Geoffrey M. Heal & Richard G. Newell & William D. Nordhaus & Robert S. Pindyck & William A. Pizer & Paul R. Portney & Thomas Ste, 2014. "Editor's Choice Should Governments Use a Declining Discount Rate in Project Analysis?," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 8(2), pages 145-163.
- David Hensher & John Rose & William Greene, 2012. "Inferring attribute non-attendance from stated choice data: implications for willingness to pay estimates and a warning for stated choice experiment design," Transportation, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 235-245, March.
- Curtis, Ian A., 2004. "Valuing ecosystem goods and services: a new approach using a surrogate market and the combination of a multiple criteria analysis and a Delphi panel to assign weights to the attributes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3-4), pages 163-194, October.
- Ekin Birol & Victoria Cox, 2007. "Using choice experiments to design wetland management programmes: The case of Severn Estuary Wetland, UK," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(3), pages 363-380.
- John Rose & Michiel Bliemer, 2013. "Sample size requirements for stated choice experiments," Transportation, Springer, vol. 40(5), pages 1021-1041, September.
- Yoram Wind & Thomas L. Saaty, 1980. "Marketing Applications of the Analytic Hierarchy Process," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(7), pages 641-658, July.
- Jean-Baptiste Marre & Luke Brander & Olivier Thébaud & Jean Boncoeur & Sean Pascoe & Louisa Coglan & Nicolas Pascal, 2015. "Non-market use and non-use values for preserving ecosystem services over time: A choice experiment application to coral reef ecosystems in New Caledonia," Post-Print hal-01198831, HAL.
- Chae, Dong-Ryul & Wattage, Premachandra & Pascoe, Sean, 2012. "Recreational benefits from a marine protected area: A travel cost analysis of Lundy," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 971-977.
- Hynes, Stephen & Ghermandi, Andrea & Norton, Daniel & Williams, Heidi, 2018. "Marine recreational ecosystem service value estimation: A meta-analysis with cultural considerations," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 31(PC), pages 410-419.
- Kevin J. Boyle & Nicolai V. Kuminoff & Christopher F. Parmeter & Jaren C. Pope, 2010. "The Benefit-Transfer Challenges," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 161-182, October.
- Sean Pascoe & Toni Cannard & Natalie A. Dowling & Catherine M. Dichmont & Sian Breen & Tom Roberts & Rachel J. Pears & George M. Leigh, 2019. "Developing Harvest Strategies to Achieve Ecological, Economic and Social Sustainability in Multi-Sector Fisheries," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(3), pages 1-21, January.
- Anthony C. Fisher & John V. Krutilla, 1975. "Resource Conservation, Environmental Preservation, and the Rate of Discount," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 89(3), pages 358-370.
- repec:hrv:faseco:33373349 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schuhmann, Peter W. & Mahon, Robin, 2015. "The valuation of marine ecosystem goods and services in the Caribbean: A literature review and framework for future valuation efforts," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 11(C), pages 56-66.
- David Hensher & William Greene, 2003. "The Mixed Logit model: The state of practice," Transportation, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 133-176, May.
- Stefan Hajkowicz & Kerry Collins, 2007. "A Review of Multiple Criteria Analysis for Water Resource Planning and Management," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 21(9), pages 1553-1566, September.
- McDaniels, Timothy L. & Trousdale, William, 2005. "Resource compensation and negotiation support in an aboriginal context: Using community-based multi-attribute analysis to evaluate non-market losses," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 173-186, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chakraborty, Shamik & Gasparatos, Alexandros & Blasiak, Robert, 2020. "Multiple values for the management and sustainable use of coastal and marine ecosystem services," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 41(C).
More about this item
KeywordsChoice experiment; Analytic Hierarchy Process; Coastal and marine ecosystems; Non-market values; Coastal management;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoser:v:38:y:2019:i:c:14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/ecosystem-services .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.