Progressive Tax Changes to Private Pensions in a Life-Cycle Framework
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kulish Mariano & Kent Christopher & Smith Kathryn, 2010.
"Aging, Retirement, and Savings: A General Equilibrium Analysis,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-32, July.
- Mariano Kulish & Kathryn Smith & Christopher Kent, 2006. "Ageing, Retirement and Savings: A General Equilibrium Analysis," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2006-06, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Kingston, Geoffrey & Piggott, John, 1993.
"A Ricardian Equivalence Theorem on the taxation of pension funds,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 399-403.
- Kingston, G. & Piggott, J., 1993. "A Ricardian Equivalence Theorem on the Taxation of Pension Funds," Papers 93-4, New South Wales - School of Economics.
- Suzanne Doyle & Geoffrey Kingston & John Piggott, 1999. "Taxing Super," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 32(3), pages 207-218.
- George Kudrna & Alan D. Woodland, 2011. "Implications of the 2009 Age Pension Reform in Australia: A Dynamic General Equilibrium Analysis," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 87(277), pages 183-201, June.
- Nishiyama, Shinichi, 2011. "The budgetary and welfare effects of tax-deferred retirement saving accounts," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(11), pages 1561-1578.
- David Altig, 2001. "Simulating Fundamental Tax Reform in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 574-595, June.
- Hans Fehr & Christian Habermann & Fabian Kindermann, 2008.
"Tax-Favored Retirement Accounts: Are they Efficient in Increasing Savings and Growth?,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 64(2), pages 171-198, June.
- Hans Fehr & Christian Habermann & Fabian Kindermann, 2006. "Tax-Favored Retirement Accounts: Are they Efficient in Increasing Savings and Growth?," Working Papers 012, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Tran, Chung & Woodland, Alan, 2014.
"Trade-offs in means tested pension design,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 72-93.
- Chung Tran & Alan Woodland, 2011. "Trade-Offs in Means Tested Pension Design," Working Papers 201110, ARC Centre of Excellence in Population Ageing Research (CEPAR), Australian School of Business, University of New South Wales.
- Chung Tran & Alan Woodland, 2011. "Trade-Offs in Means Tested Pension Design," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2011-550, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Fehr, Hans, 2000. " Pension Reform during the Demographic Transition," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(3), pages 419-443, June.
- Cho, Sang-Wook (Stanley) & Sane, Renuka, 2013.
"Means-Tested Age Pensions And Homeownership: Is There A Link?,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(06), pages 1281-1310, September.
- Sang-Wook (Stanley) Cho & Renuka Sane, 2011. "Means-Tested Age Pension and Homeownership: Is There a Link?," Discussion Papers 2011-02, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Margaret E. Atkinson & John Creedy & David M. Knox, 1999. "Some implications of changing the tax basis for pension funds," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 20(2), pages 189-203, June.
- E. Paul Durrenberger, 2005. "Labour," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Economic Anthropology, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- John Creedy & Ross Guest, 2008.
"The Labour Supply And Savings Effects Of Superannuation Tax Changes ,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 1-14, March.
- John Creedy & Ross Guest, 2007. "The Labour Supply and Savings Effects of Superannuation Tax Changes," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 988, The University of Melbourne.
- Sinclair Davidson & Ross Guest, 2007. "Superannuation Tax Reform: Fiscal Consequences," Agenda - A Journal of Policy Analysis and Reform, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics, vol. 14(1), pages 5-16.
- Jocelyn Horne, 2002. "Taxation of Superannuation in Australia: An Assessment of Reform Proposals," Research Papers 0212, Macquarie University, Department of Economics.
- Creedy, John & Guest, Ross, 2008. "Changes in the taxation of private pensions: Macroeconomic and welfare effects," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 693-712.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Armstrong, Angus & Davis, Philip & Ebell, Monique, 2015. "An economic analysis of pension tax proposals," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 86276, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Monique Ebell & Angus Armstrong & Philip Davis, 2015. "An economic analysis of the existing taxation of pensions (EET) versus an alternative regime (TEE)," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 455, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Jukka Lassila & Tarmo Valkonen, 2015. "Longevity Risk and Taxation of Public Pensions," CESifo Working Paper Series 5640, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
KeywordsCompulsory saving; pension and tax reforms; dynamic OLG model;
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2012-06-25 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2012-06-25 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-PUB-2012-06-25 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:asb:wpaper:201209. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elena Capatina). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ceparau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.