Do bank-firm relationships influence firm internationalization?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Matteo Bugamelli & Luigi Infante, 2003. "Sunk Costs of Exports," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 469, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Elhanan Helpman & Marc J. Melitz & Stephen R. Yeaple, 2003.
"Export versus FDI,"
NBER Working Papers
9439, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elhanan Helpman & Marc J. Melitz & Stephen R. Yeaple, 2003. "Export versus FDI," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1998, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Helpman, Elhanan & Melitz, Marc J & Yeaple, Stephen R, 2003. "Export versus FDI," CEPR Discussion Papers 3741, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Daniel E. Nolle & Rama Seth, 1996. "Do banks follow their customers abroad?," Research Paper 9620, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Herrera, Ana María & Minetti, Raoul, 2007. "Informed finance and technological change: Evidence from credit relationships," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 223-269, January.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2004.
"Does Local Financial Development Matter?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(3), pages 929-969.
- Guiso, Luigi & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi, 2002. "Does Local Financial Development Matter?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3307, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2002. "Does Local Financial Development Matter?," NBER Working Papers 8923, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1979. "Transaction-Cost Economics: The Governance of Contractural Relations," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(2), pages 233-261, October.
- Sourafel Girma & Richard Kneller & Mauro Pisu, 2005. "Exports versus FDI: An Empirical Test," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 141(2), pages 193-218, July.
- Yamori, Nobuyoshi, 1998. "A note on the location choice of multinational banks: The case of Japanese financial institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 109-120, January.
- Marc Ruhr & Michael Ryan, 2005. "“Following” or “attracting” the customer? Japanese Banking FDI in Europe," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 33(4), pages 405-422, December.
- Beck, Thorsten, 2002.
"Financial development and international trade: Is there a link?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 107-131, June.
- Beck, Thorsten, 2001. "Financial development and international trade : is there a link?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2608, The World Bank.
- Luigi Benfratello & Tiziano Razzolini, 2008. "Firms’ Productivity and Internationalisation Choices: Evidence for a Large Sample of Italian Firms," Development Working Papers 236, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mariarosaria Agostino & Sabrina Ruberto & Francesco Trivieri, 2018. "Lasting lending relationships and technical efficiency. Evidence on European SMEs," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 25-40, October.
- Nakhoda, Aadil, 2012. "The influence of financial leverage of firms on their international trading activities," MPRA Paper 35765, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raffaello Bronzini & Alessio D'Ignazio, 2017.
"Bank Internationalization and Firm Exports: Evidence from Matched Firm–Bank Data,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 476-499, August.
- Raffaello Bronzini & Alessio D'Ignazio, 2016. "Bank internationalization and firm exports: evidence from matched firm-bank data," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1055, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- repec:ctc:serie1:def18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francesca Bartoli & Giovanni Ferri & Pierluigi Murro & Zeno Rotondi, 2014.
"Bank support and export: evidence from small Italian firms,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 245-264, February.
- Francesca Bartoli & Giovanni Ferri & Pierluigi Murro & Zeno Rotondi, 2012. "Bank Support and Export: Evidence from Small Italian Firms," SERIES 0042, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza - Università degli Studi di Bari "Aldo Moro", revised Jan 2012.
- Eleftherios I. Thalassinos & Bozhana Venediktova & Daniela Staneva-Petkova & Vicky Zampeta, 2013. "Way of Banking Development Abroad: Branches or Subsidiaries," International Journal of Economics & Business Administration (IJEBA), International Journal of Economics & Business Administration (IJEBA), vol. 0(3), pages 69-78.
- Serena Frazzoni & Maria Luisa Mancusi & Zeno Rotondi & Maurizio Sobrero & Andrea Vezzulli, 2014.
"Innovation and export in SMEs: the role of relationship banking,"
DISCE - Working Papers del Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza
def018, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Serena Frazzoni & Maria Luisa Mancusi & Zeno Rotondi & Maurizio Sobrero & Andrea Vezzulli, 2014. "Innovation and export in SMEs: the role of relationship banking," Working Papers Department of Economics 2014/18, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Federica Sist, 2014. "Financial Needs of Internationalized Firms," International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 5(4), pages 171-179, October.
More about this item
Keywordsbank-firm relationships; export; external finance; foreign direct investments; internationalization; off-shoring;
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2010-05-08 (Banking)
- NEP-BEC-2010-05-08 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2010-05-08 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2010-05-08 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-IFN-2010-05-08 (International Finance)
- NEP-INT-2010-05-08 (International Trade)
- NEP-SBM-2010-05-08 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:anc:wmofir:37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maurizio Mariotti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mfancit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.