Closing The Barn Door: Construction And Endangered Species Restrictions
This paper tests if the endangered species protection process accelerates construction by developers seeking to avoid potential restrictions. The case of the pygmy owl outside of Tucson, Arizona is used as a natural experiment. It is found that the protection process has accelerated development.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://waeaonline.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Riddiough, Timothy J., 1997. "The Economic Consequences of Regulatory Taking Risk on Land Value and Development Activity," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 56-77, January.
- Robert Innes & Stephen Polasky & John Tschirhart, 1998. "Takings, Compensation and Endangered Species Protection on Private Lands," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(3), pages 35-52, Summer.
- Robert Innes, 2000. "The Economics of Takings and Compensation When Land and Its Public Use Value Are in Private Hands," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(2), pages 195-212.
- Nelson, Gerald & Hellerstein, Daniel, 1997.
"Do roads cause deforestation? Using satellite images in econometric analysis of land use,"
25261, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gerald C. Nelson & Daniel Hellerstein, 1997. "Do Roads Cause Deforestation? Using Satellite Images in Econometric Analysis of Land Use," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 80-88.
- Cory, Dennis C & Willis, Mary B, 1985. "Contagion Externalities and the Conversion of Low-Intensity Land Uses on the Urban Fringe," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 77-92, July.
- Lueck, Dean & Michael, Jeffrey A, 2003. "Preemptive Habitat Destruction under the Endangered Species Act," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(1), pages 27-60, April.
- Innes, Robert, 1997. "Takings, Compensation, and Equal Treatment for Owners of Developed and Undeveloped Property," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(2), pages 403-32, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:waealb:36598. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.