Should governments subsidize tuition at public universities? Assessing the benefits of tuition subsidies provided by the University of Minnesota and the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system
Chapter titles: Introduction; Higher education in Minnesota; Private benefits from a university education; Public benefits of university education-conceptual and practical issues; Distribution of private and public benefits; An assessment of the private and public benefits of subsidies of higher education in Minnesota; Conclusions and suggestions for further research; References.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (612) 625-1222
Fax: (612) 625-6245
Web page: http://www.instepp.umn.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pardey, Philip G. & Dehmer, Steven & Beddow, Jason M., 2007. "Long Gone Lake Wobegon? The State of Investments in University of Minnesota Research," Reports 44083, University of Minnesota, International Science and Technology Practice and Policy.
- Orley Ashenfelter & John C. Ham, 1979.
"Education, Unemployment and Earnings,"
501, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Enrico Moretti, 2002.
"Estimating the Social Return to Higher Education: Evidence From Longitudinal and Repeated Cross-Sectional Data,"
NBER Working Papers
9108, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Moretti, Enrico, 2004. "Estimating the social return to higher education: evidence from longitudinal and repeated cross-sectional data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 175-212.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1.
- John Bound & Jeffrey Groen & Gabor Kezdi & Sarah Turner, 2001. "Trade in University Training: Cross-State Variation in the Production and Use of College-Educated Labor," NBER Working Papers 8555, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dee, Thomas S., 2004.
"Are there civic returns to education?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 1697-1720, August.
- Groen, J.A.Jeffrey A., 2004. "The effect of college location on migration of college-educated labor," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 125-142.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:umisre:44204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.