The effect of college location on migration of college-educated labor
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Glaeser, Edward L. & Scheinkman, JoseA. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1995.
"Economic growth in a cross-section of cities,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 117-143, August.
- Glaeser, E.L. & Scheinkman, J.A., 1993. "Economic Growth in a Cross-Section of Cities," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1645, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1995. "Economic Growth in a Cross-Section of Cities," NBER Working Papers 5013, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dynarski, Susan, 2000. "Hope for Whom? Financial Aid for the Middle Class and Its Impact on College Attendance," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 53(3), pages 629-662, September.
- Moretti, Enrico, 2004.
"Estimating the social return to higher education: evidence from longitudinal and repeated cross-sectional data,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 175-212.
- Enrico Moretti, 2002. "Estimating the Social Return to Higher Education: Evidence From Longitudinal and Repeated Cross-Sectional Data," NBER Working Papers 9108, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:hoo:wpaper:e-95-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Caroline M. Hoxby, 1997. "How the Changing Market Structure of U.S. Higher Education Explains College Tuition," NBER Working Papers 6323, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bound, John & Groen, Jeffrey & Kezdi, G.Gabor & Turner, Sarah, 2004. "Trade in university training: cross-state variation in the production and stock of college-educated labor," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 143-173.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Damon, Amy L. & Glewwe, Paul, 2008. "Should governments subsidize tuition at public universities? Assessing the benefits of tuition subsidies provided by the University of Minnesota and the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities syste," Reports 44204, University of Minnesota, International Science and Technology Practice and Policy.
- Lee, Chulhee, 2008.
"Health, Information, and Migration: Geographic Mobility of Union Army Veterans, 1860–1880,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 68(03), pages 862-899, September.
- Chulhee Lee, 2005. "Health, Information, and Migration: Geographic Mobility of Union Army Veterans, 1860-1880," NBER Working Papers 11207, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Winters, John V., 2011.
"Human capital, higher education institutions, and quality of life,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 446-454, September.
- Winters, John V, 2011. "Human Capital, Higher Education Institutions, and Quality of Life," MPRA Paper 28484, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Winters, 2012.
"Differences in employment outcomes for college town stayers and leavers,"
IZA Journal of Migration,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 1(1), pages 1-17, December.
- Winters, John V., 2012. "Differences in Employment Outcomes for College Town Stayers and Leavers," IZA Discussion Papers 6723, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pedro Carneiro & Sokbae Lee, 2011.
"Trends in Quality-Adjusted Skill Premia in the United States, 1960-2000,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(6), pages 2309-2349, October.
- Pedro Carneiro & Sokbae Lee, 2009. "Trends in quality-adjusted skill premia in the United States, 1960-2000," CeMMAP working papers CWP02/09, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Carneiro, Pedro & Lee, Sokbae, 2010. "Trends in Quality-Adjusted Skill Premia in the United States, 1960-2000," IZA Discussion Papers 5295, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Groen, Jeffrey A. & White, Michelle J., 2004. "In-state versus out-of-state students: the divergence of interest between public universities and state governments," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 1793-1814, August.
- Timothy J. Bartik & George Erickcek, 2007. "Higher Education, the Health Care Industry, and Metropolitan Regional Economic Development: What Can “Eds & Meds” Do for the Economic Fortunes of a Metro Area’s Residents?," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 08-140, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Winters, John V, 2010. "Human Capital and Population Growth in Non-Metropolitan U.S. Counties: The Importance of College Student Migration," MPRA Paper 25592, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frenette, Marc, 2009. "Do universities benefit local youth? Evidence from the creation of new universities," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 318-328, June.
- Siegfried, John J. & Sanderson, Allen R. & McHenry, Peter, 2007.
"The economic impact of colleges and universities,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 546-558, October.
- John J. Siegfried & Allen R. Sanderson & Peter McHenry, 2006. "The Economic Impact of Colleges and Universities," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0612, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Shields, Michael P., 2008. "Why Should State Government Invest in College Education? An Equilibrium Approach for the US in 2000," IZA Discussion Papers 3569, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- John V. Winters, 2011. "Why Are Smart Cities Growing? Who Moves And Who Stays," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 253-270, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:121:y:2004:i:1-2:p:125-142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.