Farmers' Subjective Valuation of Subsistence Crops: The Case of Traditional Maize in Mexico
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Aslihan Arslan & J. Edward Taylor, 2009. "Farmers’ Subjective Valuation of Subsistence Crops: The Case of Traditional Maize in Mexico," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(4), pages 956-972.
- Arslan, Aslihan & Taylor, J.Edward, 2009. "Farmers' Subjective Valuation of Subsistence Crops: The Case of Traditional Maize in Mexico," American Journal of Agricultural Economics Appendices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(4), November.
- Arslan, Aslıhan & Taylor, J. Edward, 2008. "Farmers' subjective valuation of subsistence crops: the case of traditional maize in Mexico," Kiel Working Papers 1457, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
References listed on IDEAS
- Wendy Dobson & Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Hyun Koo Cho, 2001. "World Capital Markets: Challenge to the G-10," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 328.
- Rolf J. Langhammer, 2004. "Halving Poverty by Doubling Aid: Is There Reason for Optimism?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(1), pages 81-98, January.
- Peter H. Lindert & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2003. "Does Globalization Make the World More Unequal?," NBER Chapters,in: Globalization in Historical Perspective, pages 227-276 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dani Rodrik, 2007. "Introductiion to One Economics, Many Recipes: Globalization, Institutions, and Economic Growth," Introductory Chapters,in: One Economics, Many Recipes: Globalization, Institutions, and Economic Growth Princeton University Press.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hoffmann, Vivian & Gatobu, Ken Mwithirwa, 2014. "Growing their own: Unobservable quality and the value of self-provisioning," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 168-178.
- Mateusz J. Filipski & J. Edward Taylor & Karen E. Thome & Benjamin Davis, 2015. "Effects of treatment beyond the treated: a general equilibrium impact evaluation of Lesotho's cash grants program," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 46(2), pages 227-243, March.
- Kirsten Appendini & Ma. Guadalupe Quijada, 2016. "Consumption strategies in Mexican rural households: pursuing food security with quality," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 33(2), pages 439-454, June.
- Dyer, George A. & Taylor, J. Edward, 2011. "The Corn Price Surge: Impacts on Rural Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1878-1887.
- repec:spr:agrhuv:v:34:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10460-016-9720-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Manning, Dale T. & Taylor, J. Edward, 2015. "Agricultural Efficiency and Labor Supply to Common Property Resource Collection: Lessons from Rural Mexico," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 40(3), August.
- Bellon, Mauricio R. & Hellin, Jon, 2011. "Planting Hybrids, Keeping Landraces: Agricultural Modernization and Tradition Among Small-Scale Maize Farmers in Chiapas, Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1434-1443, August.
- Bellon, Mauricio R. & Gotor, Elisabetta & Caracciolo, Francesco, 2015. "Assessing the Effectiveness of Projects Supporting On-Farm Conservation of Native Crops: Evidence From the High Andes of South America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 162-176.
- Parisa Aghajanzadeh-Darzi & Pierre-Alain Jayet & Athanasios Petsakos, 2017.
"Improvement of a Bio-Economic Mathematical Programming Model in the Case of On-Farm Source Inputs and Outputs,"
Journal of Quantitative Economics,
Springer;The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), vol. 15(3), pages 489-508, September.
- Aghajanzadeh-Darzi, Parisa & Jayet, Pierre-Alain & Domingues, M.J.P, 2012. "Improvement of a bio-economic mathematical programming model in the case of on-farm source inputs and outputs," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126768, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Useche, Pilar & Blare, Trent, 2012. "Seeds of Gold: How Environmental Considerations Influence Cacao Production Decisions for Small Landholder Households in Northwestern Ecuador," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124738, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Arslan, Aslihan & McCarthy, Nancy & Lipper, Leslie & Asfaw, Solomon & Cattaneo, Andrea, 2013. "Adoption and Intensity of Adoption of Conservation Farming Practices in Zambia," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 147461, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Useche, Pilar & Blare, Trent, 2013. "Traditional vs. modern production systems: Price and nonmarket considerations of cacao producers in Northern Ecuador," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 1-10.
- Krishna, Vijesh V. & Drucker, Adam G. & Pascual, Unai & Raghu, Prabhakaran T. & King, E.D. Israel Oliver, 2013. "Estimating compensation payments for on-farm conservation of agricultural biodiversity in developing countries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 110-123.
- repec:eee:jpolmo:v:39:y:2017:i:5:p:741-761 is not listed on IDEAS
- Isakson, S. Ryan, 2011. "Market Provisioning and the Conservation of Crop Biodiversity: An Analysis of Peasant Livelihoods and Maize Diversity in the Guatemalan Highlands," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1444-1459, August.
More about this item
KeywordsShadow prices; non-market values; supply response; traditional crops; onfarm conservation; Mexico; Agricultural and Food Policy; Community/Rural/Urban Development; International Development; O12; O13; Q12; Q39;
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q39 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-12-07 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-12-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2008-12-07 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ucdavw:44488. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/daucdus.html .