Farmers’ Subjective Valuation of Subsistence Crops: The Case of Traditional Maize in Mexico
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Arslan, Aslihan & Taylor, J.Edward, 2009. "Farmers' Subjective Valuation of Subsistence Crops: The Case of Traditional Maize in Mexico," American Journal of Agricultural Economics APPENDICES, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 1-4, April.
- Arslan, Aslıhan & Taylor, J. Edward, 2008. "Farmers' subjective valuation of subsistence crops: the case of traditional maize in Mexico," Kiel Working Papers 1457, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Arslan, Aslihan & Taylor, J. Edward, 2008. "Farmers' Subjective Valuation of Subsistence Crops: The Case of Traditional Maize in Mexico," Working Papers 44488, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wendy Dobson & Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Hyun Koo Cho, 2001. "World Capital Markets: Challenge to the G-10," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 328.
- Rolf J. Langhammer, 2004. "Halving Poverty by Doubling Aid: Is There Reason for Optimism?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(1), pages 81-98, January.
- Peter H. Lindert & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2003. "Does Globalization Make the World More Unequal?," NBER Chapters,in: Globalization in Historical Perspective, pages 227-276 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dani Rodrik, 2007. "Introductiion to One Economics, Many Recipes: Globalization, Institutions, and Economic Growth," Introductory Chapters,in: One Economics, Many Recipes: Globalization, Institutions, and Economic Growth Princeton University Press.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mateusz J. Filipski & J. Edward Taylor & Karen E. Thome & Benjamin Davis, 2015. "Effects of treatment beyond the treated: a general equilibrium impact evaluation of Lesotho's cash grants program," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 46(2), pages 227-243, March.
- repec:spr:agrhuv:v:34:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10460-016-9720-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Useche, Pilar & Blare, Trent, 2012. "Seeds of Gold: How Environmental Considerations Influence Cacao Production Decisions for Small Landholder Households in Northwestern Ecuador," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124738, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:eee:jpolmo:v:39:y:2017:i:5:p:741-761 is not listed on IDEAS
- Manning, Dale T. & Taylor, J. Edward, 2015. "Agricultural Efficiency and Labor Supply to Common Property Resource Collection: Lessons from Rural Mexico," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-22, September.
- Arslan, Aslihan & McCarthy, Nancy & Lipper, Leslie & Asfaw, Solomon & Cattaneo, Andrea, 2013. "Adoption and Intensity of Adoption of Conservation Farming Practices in Zambia," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 147461, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Useche, Pilar & Blare, Trent, 2013. "Traditional vs. modern production systems: Price and nonmarket considerations of cacao producers in Northern Ecuador," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 1-10.
- repec:spr:jqecon:v:15:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s40953-016-0058-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Krishna, Vijesh V. & Drucker, Adam G. & Pascual, Unai & Raghu, Prabhakaran T. & King, E.D. Israel Oliver, 2013. "Estimating compensation payments for on-farm conservation of agricultural biodiversity in developing countries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 110-123.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:105:y:2018:i:c:p:367-382 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kirsten Appendini & Ma. Guadalupe Quijada, 2016. "Consumption strategies in Mexican rural households: pursuing food security with quality," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 33(2), pages 439-454, June.
- Dyer, George A. & Taylor, J. Edward, 2011. "The Corn Price Surge: Impacts on Rural Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1878-1887.
- Bellon, Mauricio R. & Hellin, Jon, 2011. "Planting Hybrids, Keeping Landraces: Agricultural Modernization and Tradition Among Small-Scale Maize Farmers in Chiapas, Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1434-1443, August.
- Bellon, Mauricio R. & Gotor, Elisabetta & Caracciolo, Francesco, 2015. "Assessing the Effectiveness of Projects Supporting On-Farm Conservation of Native Crops: Evidence From the High Andes of South America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 162-176.
- Hoffmann, Vivian & Gatobu, Ken Mwithirwa, 2014. "Growing their own: Unobservable quality and the value of self-provisioning," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 168-178.
- Parisa Aghajanzadeh-Darzi & Pierre-Alain Jayet & Athanasios Petsakos, 2017.
"Improvement of a Bio-Economic Mathematical Programming Model in the Case of On-Farm Source Inputs and Outputs,"
Journal of Quantitative Economics,
Springer;The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), vol. 15(3), pages 489-508, September.
- Aghajanzadeh-Darzi, Parisa & Jayet, Pierre-Alain & Domingues, M.J.P, 2012. "Improvement of a bio-economic mathematical programming model in the case of on-farm source inputs and outputs," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126768, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Isakson, S. Ryan, 2011. "Market Provisioning and the Conservation of Crop Biodiversity: An Analysis of Peasant Livelihoods and Maize Diversity in the Guatemalan Highlands," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1444-1459, August.
More about this item
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q39 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:91:y:2009:i:4:p:956-972. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.