Effects of Food Safety Standards on Seafood Exports to US, EU and Japan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2003.
"Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 170-192, March.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2000. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 485, Boston College Department of Economics.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2001. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 8079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Otsuki, Tsunehiro & S. Wilson, John, 2003. "Food Safety and Trade: Winners and Losers in a Non-Harmonized World," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 18, pages 266-287.
- Jason H. Grant & Dayton M. Lambert, 2008. "Do Regional Trade Agreements Increase Members' Agricultural Trade?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(3), pages 765-782.
- Bergstrand, Jeffrey H, 1985. "The Gravity Equation in International Trade: Some Microeconomic Foundations and Empirical Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(3), pages 474-481, August.
- Baier, Scott L. & Bergstrand, Jeffrey H., 2007.
"Do free trade agreements actually increase members' international trade?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 72-95, March.
- Scott L. Baier & Jeffrey H. Bergstrand, 2005. "Do free trade agreements actually increase members’ international trade?," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2005-03, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Otsuki, Tsunehiro & Wilson, John S. & Sewadeh, Mirvat, 2001. "Saving two in a billion: : quantifying the trade effect of European food safety standards on African exports," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 495-514, October.
- Henson, Spencer & Loader, Rupert, 2001. "Barriers to Agricultural Exports from Developing Countries: The Role of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Requirements," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 85-102, January.
- Anderson, James E, 1979. "A Theoretical Foundation for the Gravity Equation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 106-116, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li, Xiaoqian & Saghaian, Sayed H., 2012. "How Does Haccp Change U.S. Seafood Exports?-Analysis With Fishes, Mollusca, And Shellfish Other Than Mollusca," 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama 119859, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Agyekum, Michael & Jolly, Curtis M., 2017. "Peanut trade and aflatoxin standards in Europe: Economic effects on trading countries," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 114-128.
- repec:wsi:wschap:9789813144415_0004 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yuan Li & John C. Beghin, 2017.
"A meta-analysis of estimates of the impact of technical barriers to trade,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Nontariff Measures and International Trade, chapter 4, pages 63-77
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Li, Yuan & Beghin, John C., 2012. "A meta-analysis of estimates of the impact of technical barriers to trade," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 497-511.
- Li, Yuan & Beghin, John C., 2010. "A Meta-Analysis of Estimates of the Impact of Technical Barriers to Trade," Staff General Research Papers Archive 31968, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Westra, Sabrina, 2011. "Still a Barrier to Trade? A Review of," SS-AAEA Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordsfood safety; seafood; international trade; gravity model; HACCP; Agricultural and Food Policy; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; International Relations/Trade; C33; F13; Q17; Q18;
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-02-07 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-REG-2009-02-07 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeana:46758. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/saeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.