Agricultural Banking and Early Warning Models for the Bank Failures of the Late 2000s Great Recession
This paper is designed to validate if the agricultural sector can once again be labeled as an instigator of the late-2000s Great Recession using the early warning models technique. The empirical results indicate that exposure to agribusiness operations does not necessarily enhance a banks’ tendency to fail.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rebel A. Cole & Jeffery W. Gunther, 1993.
"Separating the likelihood and timing of bank failure,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
93-20, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Cole, Rebel A. & Gunther, Jeffery W., 1995. "Separating the likelihood and timing of bank failure," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 1073-1089, September.
- Rebel A. Cole & Jeffery W. Gunther, 1993. "Separating the likelihood and timing of bank failure," Financial Industry Studies Working Paper 93-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Coleen C. Pantalone & Marjorie B. Platt, 1987. "Predicting commercial bank failure since deregulation," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jul, pages 37-47.
- Martin, Daniel, 1977. "Early warning of bank failure : A logit regression approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 249-276, November.
- Blasko, Matej & Sinkey, Joseph Jr., 2006. "Bank asset structure, real-estate lending, and risk-taking," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 53-81, February.
- Demyanyk, Yuliya & Hasan, Iftekhar, 2010.
"Financial crises and bank failures: A review of prediction methods,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 315-324, October.
- Demyanyk , Yuliya & Hasan, Iftekhar, 2009. "Financial crises and bank failures: a review of prediction methods," Research Discussion Papers 35/2009, Bank of Finland.
- Yuliya Demyanyk & Iftekhar Hasan, 2009. "Financial crises and bank failures: a review of prediction methods," Working Paper 0904, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 2000.
"Why do Banks Disappear? The Determinants of U.S. Bank Failures and Acquisitions,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 82(1), pages 127-138, February.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 1995. "Why do banks disappear? The determinants of U.S. bank failures and acquisitions," Working Papers 1995-013, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- DeYoung, Robert & Hasan, Iftekhar, 1998. "The performance of de novo commercial banks: A profit efficiency approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 565-587, May.
- Fred C. Graham & James E. Horner, 1988. "Bank failure: an evaluation of the factors contributing to the failure of national banks," Proceedings 210, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Belongia, Michael T. & Gilbert, R. Alton, 1989. "Effects Of Management Decisions On Agricultural Bank Failures," Proceedings: 1989 Regional Committee NC-161, October 2-3, 1989, St.Louis, Missouri 127409, Regional Research Committee NC-1014: Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition.
- Gerald A. Hanweck, 1977. "Predicting bank failure," Research Papers in Banking and Financial Economics 19, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea12:119656. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.