Export Subsidies And Switching Costs In An Imperfectly Competitive International Wheat Market
Switching costs affect importer decisions, hence impacts of subsidies over time. Dynamic, game theoretic simulations of EU-US competition for Moroccan wheat imports suggest firms charge lower prices and governments award higher subsidies with switching costs. Policy under alternative institutional arrangements depends on the extent of switching costs, measured here econometrically.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Johnson, Martin & Mahe, Louis & Roe, Terry, 1993. "Trade compromises between the European community and the United States: An interest group-game theory," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 199-222, April.
- Sapir, Andre & Sekkat, Khalid, 1995.
"Exchange rate regimes and trade prices Does the EMS matter?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(1-2), pages 75-94, February.
- Sapir, André & Sekkat, Khalid, 1993. "Exchange Rate Regimes and Trade Prices: Does the EMS Matter?," CEPR Discussion Papers 810, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- André Sapir & Khalid Sekkat, 1995. "Exchange rate regimes and trade prices: does the EMS matter?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8170, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Philip C. Abbott & Panu K. S. Kallio, 1996. "Implications of Game Theory for International Agricultural Trade," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 738-744.
- Neary, J. Peter, 1994. "Cost asymmetries in international subsidy games: Should governments help winners or losers?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3-4), pages 197-218, November.
- J. Peter Neary, 1990. "Cost asymmetries in international subsidy games : should governments help winners or losers?," Working Papers 199008, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Neary, James Peter, 1991. "Cost asymmetries in international subsidy games: Should governments help winners or losers?," Discussion Papers, Series II 147, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Neary, J Peter, 1991. "Cost Asymmetries in International Subsidy Games: Should Governments Help Winners or Losers?," CEPR Discussion Papers 560, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ballard, Charles L & Shoven, John B & Whalley, John, 1985. "General Equilibrium Computations of the Marginal Welfare Costs of Taxes in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 128-138, March.
- To, Theodore, 1994. "Export subsidies and oligopoly with switching costs," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1-2), pages 97-110, August.
- To, T.C., 1993. "Export subsidies and oligopoly with switching costs," Discussion Paper 1993-40, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- To, T., 1993. "Export Subsidies and Oligopoly with Switching Costs," Papers 9340, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Beggs, Alan W & Klemperer, Paul, 1992. "Multi-period Competition with Switching Costs," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(3), pages 651-666, May.
- Beggs, Alan & Klemperer, Paul, 1990. "Multi-Period Competition with Switching Costs," CEPR Discussion Papers 436, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, July.
- Klemperer, Paul, 1992. "Competition When Consumers Have Switching Costs: An Overview," CEPR Discussion Papers 704, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Klemperer, P., 1992. "Competition when Consumers Have Switching Costs: An Overview," Economics Series Working Papers 99142, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Gehlhar, Mark J. & Vollrath, Thomas L., 1997. "U.S. Export Performance in Agricultural Markets," Technical Bulletins 156793, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea98:20789. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.