Cooperation makes it happen? Groundwater management in Aguascalientes, Mexico: An experimental approach
This research develops economic framed field experiments in order to analyze the attitude and behavior of farm groundwater users in several fictional situations, including adoption of efficient irrigation technology and compliance of group arrangements. A groundwater game was played by 256 farmers selected from different regions of the state of Aguascalientes, Mexico.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aggarwal, Rimjhim M. & Narayan, Tulika A., 2004. "Does inequality lead to greater efficiency in the use of local commons? The role of strategic investments in capacity," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 163-182, January.
- Koundouri, Phoebe, 2004.
"Current issues in the economics of groundwater resource management,"
38425, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Phoebe Koundouri, 2004. "Current Issues in the Economics of Groundwater Resource Management," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(5), pages 703-740, December.
- Phoebe Koundouri, . "Current issues in the economics of groundwater resource management," DEOS Working Papers 0402, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Cesare Dosi & Michele Moretto, .
"Environmental Innovation, War of Attrition and Investment Grants,"
ubs0406, University of Brescia, Department of Economics.
- Cesare Dosi & Michele Moretto, 2010. "Environmental Innovation, War Of Attrition And Investment Grants," International Game Theory Review (IGTR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(01), pages 37-59.
- Cesare Dosi & Michele Moretto, 2007. "Environmental Innovation, War of Attrition and Investment Grants," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0045, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Michele Moretto & Cesare Dosi, 2004. "Environmental Innovation, War of Attrition and Investment Grants," Working Papers 2004.156, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Peter Arcidiacono & Holger Sieg & Frank Sloan, .
"Living Rationally Under the Volcano? An Empirical Analysis of Heavy Drinking and Smoking,"
GSIA Working Papers
2003-02, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Peter Arcidiacono & Holger Sieg & Frank Sloan, 2007. "Living Rationally Under The Volcano? An Empirical Analysis Of Heavy Drinking And Smoking," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 48(1), pages 37-65, 02.
- Peter Arcidiacono & Holger Sieg & Frank Sloan, 2001. "Living Rationally Under the Volcano? An Empirical Analysis of Heavy Drinking and Smoking," NBER Working Papers 8602, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arcidiacono, Peter & Sieg, Holger & Sloan, Frank, 2002. "Living Rationally Under the Volcano? An Empirical Analysis of Heavy Drinking and Smoking," Working Papers 02-30, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Worthington, Virginia E. & Burt, Oscar R. & Brustkern, Richard L., 1985. "Optimal management of a confined groundwater system," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 229-245, September.
- Moretto, Michele, 2000. "Irreversible investment with uncertainty and strategic behavior," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 589-617, December.
- Gastón A. Giordana, 2008. "Wealthy people do better? Experimental Evidence on Endogenous Time Preference Heterogeneity and the Effect of Wealth in Renewable Common-Pool Resources Exploitation," Working Papers 08-10, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Jul 2008.
- Elinor Ostrom & Roy Gardner, 1993. "Coping with Asymmetries in the Commons: Self-Governing Irrigation Systems Can Work," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 93-112, Fall.
- Janssen, Marco A. & Anderies, John M. & Cardenas, Juan-Camilo, 2011. "Head-enders as stationary bandits in asymmetric commons: Comparing irrigation experiments in the laboratory and the field," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(9), pages 1590-1598, July.
- del Pilar Moreno-Sánchez, Rocío & Maldonado, Jorge Higinio, 2010. "Evaluating the role of co-management in improving governance of marine protected areas: An experimental approach in the Colombian Caribbean," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 2557-2567, October.
- Santiago Rubio & Begoña Casino, 2003. "Strategic Behavior and Efficiency in the Common Property Extraction of Groundwater," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 26(1), pages 73-87, September.
- Hackett Steven & Schlager Edella & Walker James, 1994. "The Role of Communication in Resolving Commons Dilemmas: Experimental Evidence with Heterogeneous Appropriators," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 99-126, September.
- Provencher Bill & Burt Oscar, 1993. "The Externalities Associated with the Common Property Exploitation of Groundwater," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 139-158, March.
- Wang, Chenggang & Segarra, Eduardo, 2011. "The Economics of Commonly Owned Groundwater When User Demand Is Perfectly Inelastic," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 36(1), April.
- Janis M. Carey & David Zilberman, 2002. "A Model of Investment under Uncertainty: Modern Irrigation Technology and Emerging Markets in Water," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(1), pages 171-183.
- Madani, Kaveh & Dinar, Ariel, 2012. "Non-cooperative institutions for sustainable common pool resource management: Application to groundwater," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 34-45.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea13:151139. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.