Collective Action forWatershed Management: Field Experiments in Colombia and Kenya
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Cardenas, Juan Camilo & Rodriguez, Luz Angela & Johnson, Nancy, 2011. "Collective action for watershed management: field experiments in Colombia and Kenya," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(03), pages 275-303, June.
- Cardenas, Juan-Camilo & Rodriguez, Luz Angela & Johnson, Nancy L., 2009. "Collective Action for Watershed Management: Field Experiments in Colombia and Kenya," Documentos CEDE Series 91169, Universidad de Los Andes, Economics Department.
References listed on IDEAS
- Glenn W. Harrison & John A. List, 2004. "Field Experiments," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(4), pages 1009-1055, December.
- repec:feb:artefa:00031 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cardenas, Juan-Camilo & Ostrom, Elinor, 2004.
"What do people bring into the game? Experiments in the field about cooperation in the commons,"
Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 307-326, December.
- Juan-Camilo Cardenas & Elinor Ostrom, 2004. "What do people bring into the game? Experiments in the field about cooperation in the commons," Artefactual Field Experiments 00027, The Field Experiments Website.
- Cárdenas, Juan-Camilo & Ostrom, Elinor, 2004. "What do people bring into the game: experiments in the field about cooperation in the commons," CAPRi working papers 32, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Elinor Ostrom & Roy Gardner, 1993. "Coping with Asymmetries in the Commons: Self-Governing Irrigation Systems Can Work," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 93-112, Fall.
- Ostrom, Elinor, 2006. "The value-added of laboratory experiments for the study of institutions and common-pool resources," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 149-163, October.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Los retornos sociales de la educación: A pesar de que la sociedad gana, algunos pueden perder
by David Bardey in Foco Económico on 2015-04-15 02:18:14
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Esther Blanco & Maria Claudia Lopez & James M. Walker, 2016. "The Opportunity Costs of Conservation with Deterministic and Probabilistic Degradation Externalities," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 64(2), pages 255-273, June.
- repec:eee:resene:v:50:y:2017:i:c:p:91-104 is not listed on IDEAS
- Midler, Estelle & Pascual, Unai & Drucker, Adam G. & Narloch, Ulf & Soto, José Luis, 2015. "Unraveling the effects of payments for ecosystem services on motivations for collective action," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 394-405.
- repec:col:000411:016071 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kenrick W. Williams & Hsing-Sheng Tai, 2016. "A Multi-Tier Social-Ecological System Analysis of Protected Areas Co-Management in Belize," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-23, January.
- Juan Camilo Cárdenas & Juan Felipe Ortiz-Riomalo, 2018. "Acción colectiva para abordar conflictos socio-ambientales. El caso de Santurbán," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 016377, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Narloch, Ulf & Pascual, Unai & Drucker, Adam G., 2012. "Collective Action Dynamics under External Rewards: Experimental Insights from Andean Farming Communities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 2096-2107.
- Juan Camilo Cardenas & Luz Angela Rodríguez & Nancy Johnson, 2014.
"Vertical Collective Action: Addressing Vertical Asymmetries in Watershed Management,"
012608, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Cárdenas, Juan-Camilo & Rodriguez, Luz Angela & Johnson, Nancy L., 2015. "Vertical Collective Action: Addressing Vertical Asymmetries in Watershed Management," Documentos CEDE Series 209363, Universidad de Los Andes, Economics Department.
- Willy, Daniel Kyalo & Kuhn, Arnim & Müller, Karin Holm, 2016. "Analysis of participation in collective action initiatives for addressing unilateral agri-environmental externalities," 2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 249268, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Aida, Takeshi, 2011. "Social Capital as an Instrument for Common Pool Resource Management:A Case Study of Irrigation Management in Sri Lanka," Working Papers 33, JICA Research Institute.
- Blanco, Esther & Lopez, Maria Claudia & Villamayor-Tomas, Sergio, 2015. "Exogenous degradation in the commons: Field experimental evidence," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 430-439.
- Pfaff, Alexander & Vélez, Maria Alejandra & Ramos, Pablo Andres & Molina, Adriana, 2015. "Framed field experiment on resource scarcity & extraction: Path-dependent generosity within sequential water appropriation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 416-429.
- D’Exelle, Ben & Lecoutere, Els & Van Campenhout, Bjorn, 2012. "Equity-Efficiency Trade-Offs in Irrigation Water Sharing: Evidence from a Field Lab in Rural Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(12), pages 2537-2551.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:2:p:104:d:62745 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCollective Action; Watersheds; Field Experiments; Colombia; Kenya;
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- C9 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments
- H3 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-02-13 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2010-02-13 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2010-02-13 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-LAM-2010-02-13 (Central & South America)
- NEP-PBE-2010-02-13 (Public Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2010-02-13 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000089:006649. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Universidad De Los Andes-Cede). General contact details of provider: .