Market concentration and productivity in the United States corn sector: 2002-2009
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christopher J. O'Donnell, 2010.
"Measuring and decomposing agricultural productivity and profitability change ,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 54(4), pages 527-560, October.
- O'Donnell, Christopher J., 2010. "Measuring and decomposing agricultural productivity and profitability change," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 54(4), December.
- O'Donnell, Christopher J., 2009. "Measuring And Decomposing Agricultural Productivity And Profitability Change," 2009 Conference (53rd), February 11-13, 2009, Cairns, Australia 47625, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Kohn, Meir & Scott, John T, 1982. "Scale Economies in Research and Development: The Schumpeterian Hypothesis," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 239-249, March.
- Rausser, Gordon C. & Scotchmer, Suzanne & Simon, Leo K., 1999. "Intellectual Property and Market Structure in Agriculture," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt70j206tr, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Lanjouw, Jean O & Pakes, Ariel & Putnam, Jonathan, 1998. "How to Count Patents and Value Intellectual Property: The Uses of Patent Renewal and Application Data," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 405-432, December.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1996. "Competition and Corporate Performance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(4), pages 724-746, August.
- Guanming Shi & Jean-paul Chavas & Kyle Stiegert, 2010.
"An Analysis of the Pricing of Traits in the U.S. Corn Seed Market,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1324-1338.
- Shi, Guanming & Chavas, Jean-Paul & Steigert, Kyle, 2009. "An Analysis of the Pricing of Traits in the U.S. Corn Seed Market," Staff Paper Series 544, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Kim, Kwansoo & Lauer, Joseph G. & Klemme, Richard M. & Bland, William L., 2001. "An Economic Analysis Of Corn Yield, Corn Profitability, And Risk At The Edge Of The Corn Belt," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(01), July.
- Greg Traxler & Jose Falck-Zepeda & J.I. Ortiz-Monasterio R. & Ken Sayre, 1995. "Production Risk and the Evolution of Varietal Technology," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(1), pages 1-7.
- Nolan, Elizabeth & Santos, Paulo, 2011. "Risk premiums and GM traits," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103692, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Nancy T. Gallini, 2002. "The Economics of Patents: Lessons from Recent U.S. Patent Reform," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(2), pages 131-154, Spring.
- Thirtle, Colin G., 1985. "Technological Change And The Productivity Slowdown In Field Crops: United States, 1939-78," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(02), December.
- Deepthi Elizabeth Kolady & William Lesser, 2009. "But are they Meritorious? Genetic Productivity Gains under Plant Intellectual Property Rights," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(1), pages 62-79.
- Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & John van Reenen, 1999. "Market Share, Market Value and Innovation in a Panel of British Manufacturing Firms," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(3), pages 529-554.
- Nolan, Elizabeth & Santos, Paulo, 2010. "Measuring the Contribution of Genetic Characteristics as an Indicator of Innovation: The Case of Corn in the USA, 1990-2009," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61333, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Guanming Shi, 2009. "Bundling and Licensing of Genes in Agricultural Biotechnology," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(1), pages 264-274.
- Philip H. Howard, 2009. "Visualizing Consolidation in the Global Seed Industry: 1996–2008," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 1(4), pages 1-22, December.
- Gilbert, Richard J & Newbery, David M G, 1982. "Preemptive Patenting and the Persistence of Monopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 514-526, June.
More about this item
Keywordscorn hybrids; innovation; instrumental variables; market concentration.; Industrial Organization; Production Economics; Productivity Analysis;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2012-07-08 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-INO-2012-07-08 (Innovation)
- NEP-TID-2012-07-08 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea12:125941. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.